Rate Dr. Theresa Van Der Goes

Dr. Theresa Van Der Goes's Ratings

Dr. Van Der Goes was a very good doctor, although she has retired now. She was my kids pediatrician, my OB since I was a teen. Since retiring, ForeMed medical clinic has spiralled downhill which led me to change doctors. Even when I would show up for my appointment - mostly on my lunch break from work - I would still wait 30-45 minutes to see my doctor - Igbinosa who took over. He was very short, unhelpful and speaking a different language, I couldn't understand his english very well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

I was so sad to hear that Theresa has retired. She has been my doc for 10 years and I was so lucky to have her. I will miss her terribly. I felt truly cared about and respected, and she helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life. Don't know what I would have done without her. She was very knowledgeable on mnay levels, very open-minded, thorough and at the same time caring, above and beyond the "call of duty". I wish her all the best, and hope that she knows what an incredible job she did, and how much she was valued. I never heard a bad word about her from anyone, including any other doctors. I will change clinics as soon as I find another doc, because I have never had to wait so long to see a dr. in my life (waited over 2 hrs more than once), and I have a huge problem with the way this clinic is managed, especially their hiring an firing practices. Again, thank you Theresa and all the best! Ewe deserve it! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2010

apparently this dr is on leave was told when called for an appt. staff says she has a replacement

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2010

Always a great visit, Dr. Van Der Goes is thorough, doesn't rush you out, and is very careing - a pleasure to bring your cares to!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2010

Very caring,efficient doctor. She always follows up with any tests results and if she doesn't have the answer for you, she will find it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Dr van der Goes has been my doctor for ten years. I owe my life a few times over while I was dying and in need of and I got a liver transplant. All of my specialists regard her highly because she takes the time to build relationships with them, and she always uses them for reference. The good news is my prognosis is to live a long and healthy life now. Thank you Theresa, for your patience and genuine care If you ever read this. I've had to wait a bit for you at times because I know you're taking your time with someone else who needs you. I hope you look after your self as well as you do me and my husband.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2009

Have had quite a few drs over the years as I have moved. Dr. Vandergoes has been Awesome. She has gone out of her way. She is HONEST. I like that. Staff have always tried to accomodate me. They could smile more but they have been efficent in their job positions. As for the size of the rooms. Yes they are small but when your only there 10 mins in a visit. Who cares. There are always someone to complain about the little insignificant things. Overall this Dr should be praised,again staff is good..not smiley but good. When I was late, they definitely tried to accomodate me. I always get the first appt in the day, or first after lunch or last of the day. They encourage calls to ask if they are running late. This helps to accomodate YOUR timing. Take advantage of this option.You won't go wrong by coming to this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2009

the doctor is good. The staff suck worst anywhere rude,ignorant,I wouldnt go here if not for doctor. Foremed clinic is the worst place in nanaimo. Small rooms no windows, Like jail cell. Who ever moved clinic here had**** for brains. Find staff that like their job and fire all those idiots that work there now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Very caring and conscientious doctor who goes to great lengths to help you, keeps up to date on all the latest medical advances, and seems very open minded about alternative treatments. My only beef is that I often wait an hour or more for an appointment. They have just recently computerized their system so I'm hoping that will help. Also they need to stop using scented products in their clinic, to show their asthmatic patients that they care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I have always found the staff very helpful. They are not rude. Teresa is a blessing. The only problem with the office is that Teresa is so compassionate and caring that she runs behind all of the time. So bring a book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549590].votes_count ]]