Rate Dr. Ellen K. Athens

Dr. Ellen K. Athens's Ratings

I am a former patient of Dr. Ellen's. I was only allowed to discuss 2 things with Dr. Ellen...any additional questions I had to make another appointment. It was nothing for me to wait over 2-1/2 hours from the time I signed in to the time I left the office. Dr. Ellen is very rude...not a compassionate doctor at all. She overbooks her patients and does not do a quality job when she is in the examining room with the patient. There were times when I was discussing a problem with Dr.Ellen and she decided that the appointment was over with, and got up and started to walk out the door. I told her I wanted to finish discussing something with her, and she stood in the doorway with the door opened and I had to finish what I was saying to her with everyone able to hear me. These are the reasons why I would never recommend Dr. Ellen to anyone.

Submitted May 3, 2014 | flag

Because she cares about people. I have always had a good expierence at my appointments

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

I actually never saw the doctor in this office, only their old nurse practitioner. She was the only reason i stayed with the practice... up until she recently left. The office staff is terrible they were always very rude. When i asked for my records they told me that if i went to another office i could not come back to them. Every time i was there i had to make sure i set aside extra time because they were never on time. I waited 45 minutes once just to be called back for a vaccination that i had an appointment for and they informed me after waiting that they did not have the vaccination in the office. I would not recommend this office to anyone. Im not sure where the N.P. went, but i was very satisfied with her.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ellen very rude She said she didn't know what was wrong with me and threw her hand's up as she was leaving the room. Girl who took the blood really bruised my arm. This was about 2 year's ago. They did have a good Dr. in there name Dr. B but don't know what happen to him. Also you must pay before they take you in the room.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2009 | flag

She is very rude and had no knowledge. I was treated like a durty person. I would not recamend her to my enemy.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2008 | flag

She has been my doctor for about 6 years I don't know why even. She's 95% of the time late to see me.(getting in the room can be quick but, you will wait in the cold rooms!) I think she has waay too many patients and too little time to care and listen. I alwyas feel rushed. The staff is usually new people, wonder why? They are rude sometimes too. I would not recomend Dr. Ellen.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2008 | flag

She always makes my elderly mother wait. Doesn't listen to the patient and appears to just want to hear herself talk. Doesn't like to be interrupted and ignores symptoms she is told about. Doesn't appear to be very knowledgeable.

Submitted April 12, 2007 | flag

Both of my elderly grandparents are patients of Dr. Ellen. She is very thorough and knowledgeable. In a combined effort with a terrific group of cardiologists to which she referred us, she has my grandpa's heart disease successfully maintained. Along with the cardiologists, I have been pleased with all of the doctors to which she has referred us. I appreciate the convenience that many tests can be performed at her office (often on the same day as the appointment.) Her staff is kind and competent. On numerous occasions, Dr. Ellen, herself, has called to consult with me about the care of my grandparents or to give me their test results. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Ellen and her staff. (I rated punctuality a 4 out of 5 because sometimes we have waited, but never excessively. If we have to wait a few extra minutes for Dr. Ellen because of her care with another patient that is fine because I know when she gets to my grandparents, she will be thorough in her treatment of them also.)

Submitted March 30, 2007 | flag

Appointment times typically ran 3 hours behind schedule. Attitude was disrespectful and hostile. Knowledge was questionable. Office practices were deplorable. Record keeping was questionable. I could not recommend the doctor or the practice.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2007 | flag