Rate Dr. Robert A. Goldberg

Dr. Robert A. Goldberg's Ratings

I am a senior male – 78 years old - and was preparing to have cornea repair surgery.
My surgeon told me that I needed to have cosmetic eyelid surgery first, so the eyelids
could effectively manage the tears. He referred me to Dr. Robert Goldberg at the Jules Stein
Institute, U.C.L.A. All of my adult life, I was told that my eyes looked too “prominent”,
but, not being a T.V. star, I never considered plastic surgery.

I am now 5 months post surgery and the result is incredible. I am thrilled with my new look,
but more important is the exceptional quality of care I received. Dr. Goldberg is thorough,
takes all the time necessary to explain and has a team of wonderful and dedicated people.
And, he is a truly dedicated and nice man. This is my way of saying “Thank you”. John Altschul – Attorney at Law

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Dr. Goldberg did surgery under my eyelid more than 10 years ago. He was marvelous. Said there would be a small scar. Tere is NO scar. He is excellent. Called me that evening at home to make sure I was OK. Wonderful man. My daughter is an ophthalmologist. Dr. Goldman is outstanding!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Went to Dr. G. for second lower blepharoplasty (first one was over 20 years ago). He is a brilliant doctor. I paid a huge sum in consultation fees with several other docs in SF before deciding to go with him in LA. So glad I did. I am only one week post op and already healing nicely. All the others with whom I consulted, either mentioned him or had studied under him. Two things made me decide he was the one for me. One, I had a friend who went to him for the same procedure who raved about his work and who looks fantastic (not fake, just better). Two, he confidently told me he could help me whereas all the others hemmed and hawed telling me my case is complex. He has a fine manner and is a gentleman. If you want rude, I can tell you about one his colleagues in SF who, though qualified, is a complete jerk. Perhaps some could find him socially awkward (though I did not) but he is a highly skilled professional, pleasant enough and delivers quality results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2384718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Excellent physician and surgeon. I have an orbital fracture as well as a severed optic nerve as a result of an accident. Dr. Goldberg has performed many surgeries on me in the last 10 years. . . too many to count. I don't know what I would have done if I had never sought his expertise. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2384717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Was extremely happy with Dr. Goldberg after having 3 surgeries due to GO. He was very attentive as well as all of the staff. He called during the weekend to check on me and gave me his number in case I needed him. My eyes are almost as they were prior to the disease. I would recommend him highly to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2013

Wonderful, caring doctor who is an amazing surgeon . Dr Goldberg operated on my left eye and did a beautiful job. I highly recommend him to anyone. Friendly and helpful staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

Dr. Goldberg is the best in GO/TED - Graves. In 1995 he treated and preformed 3 surgeries and today one would not even know I have Graves. He is a true and caring Surgeon (in case you don't know most surgeons are quiet) and works alongside very professional people - office staff to interns. He is very knowledgable and continues to research, learn and teach. I highly recommend for GO and have for eye/head trauma. I continue to see him today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

I have had many procedures done by Dr. Goldberg since 1992 dealing with the reconstruction of my left socket, having lost my eye to cancer as an infant. He and his staff have always been caring,upbeat and above all professional in all of my dealings with them. I would refer anybody I know to Dr Goldberg, if asked for my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I saw him years ago for thyroid eye surgery caused by Graves. He was wonderful at that time. Very caring. Called over the weekend, even, to check on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2008

Aww he's not that bad. I agree he's not much for conversation but I think he's just on the shy side. TED is his specialty and he's does it fairly well. It's tough to do and there aren't too many that do it well. He's probably one of the top few. I'm sorry the other person had a bad experience and I can understand the mis-communication with him. His shyness make him appear to lack social graces.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581715].votes_count ]]