Rate Dr. William Taylor

Dr. William Taylor's Ratings

Feel like i am adding this in vain, but just to keep the reviews recent here goes...
I was booked for an 815 am appointment and showed up at 8. There was one patient already waiting who i believed was the 8am. We sat there together for over an hour and a half as more patients (some elderly) came in to wait. I gave my seat up to an elderly man as the waiting room was now full. At 930 a young lady came in and asked if she could book an appointment, BTW, myself and 8am guy were still sat there. Dr Taylor flew out the door and warmly embraced her saying how good it was to see her, how he enjoyed her performance at the local theater and she didn't need an appointment. He took her straight in. I went to the desk and was told "Dr is running behind' before the sliding glass slammed shut again. At 10 am, she came out, 8am guy went in and was out in 5 minutes. I went in and sat in waiting room for 15 minutes. Dr Taylor came in, picked up the phone, called the local Radio station and asked about tickets to a show (i kid you not). Then he asked me if i wanted to buy a CD, buy tickets to a show. When i said no, he palmed me off on his uninterested nurse. As he scribbled a prescription i asked him what he thought. He told me "psoriasis, nothing interesting" Thanks Doc, knew that already. Then gave me a booklet about a psoriasis support group, a psoriasis club (both subscription) and left. The fact he looks like CoCo the scary clown I'm sure calms the kiddies too. But, he is the only dermatologist in town and he knows it. Go to Lethbridge or Calgary or see if your own doc will fill prescriptions for you. With your health records on line its worth a shot.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

The staff seemed fine, but yes this Doctor is extremely strange. What sort of doctor makes you sign a ridiculous list of rules on your first visit? Crazy haha. And yes, in my experience at his office in my first appointment, I sat waiting for several hours. Then he flew in as if he was in a rush, sat down, started down at his desk for the 30 seconds he was in the same room as me, never looking me in the eye, then rushed out of the room at the same speed he came in, after saying the same thing the nurse said to me before he came. I have had other very negative experience with doctors here in Medicine Hat, I am starting to wonder if this city is full of bad doctors. I had an appointment for today, it is -30 C outside, and although my car was plugged in, I could not start my car. I called his office 10 minutes before my appointment to say that I fully intended on being there, and was trying to start my car to come, but my car wont start. I was told I'd be billed for the appointment. Good luck billing me I suppose, I survive on a small medical disability cheque and have no way of paying it. Anyway, yes he is strange, and I agree with what I see other people writing, except that the staff seemed pleasant enough during my visit. The nurse who dealt with me before the doctor was very helpful, and I would have counted the experience as a positive if not for the hours of waiting for a doctor to see me for 10 seconds, and today's negative experience of being told I would have to pay for an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I was told by my dr that I would get into this dr the quickest and if I wasn't satisfied he would send a referral to another dr. Well I took this as this dr is a little different and not well liked. I got in within 2 weeks drove over 2 hours to sit in the waiting room for over an hour, talked to the nurse for 5 min, she was very nice. Told me what she thought my daughter had and said the dr would be in shortly. 10 min later he stormed in didn't say a word to me, the nurse showed him what I had told her he said " that's what it is". Scribbled his signature, got up and left!! I was speechless! I work in the health care profession and could not believe there are doctors out there like this. He is one ****ed up man who doesn't care about his patients. The nurse said we will see you back in 6 months. Hmmmm I don't think so, I will wait the 9 months to get in to see a professional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2665135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Waited 2 hours in waiting room, when it was finally my turn only a nurse asked me questions, took a skin sample, wrote a report THEN Dr. Taylor came in grabbed the report and left. The nurse told me to come back in a month. Not a word from this man. Also what is with the dumb office rules you have to sing off on?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

I have to write a review of this piece of work!! My wife was referred by her Dr to this idiot and was even warned how strange he might be. Not strange, a downright horrible actually....They asked if she could be in at 9am and my wife made it for 9:15 as that was the earliest she could make it. She dropped out oldest off at school early just to do so and ended up in his filthy waiting room for close to TWO HOURS!!! Complete disregard of people's time!! Upon showing up she was asked to sign off on a list of ridiculous office rules.... What in the ......??? Who does that? So whatever, she signs his sheet.
She is led into a dirty room which she said smelt like mold and moth balls. The nurse (whom she said was actually quite pleasant despite other negative reviews) took a few mins and asked my wife about her problem and said the "Dr" would be in shortly. When the idiot finally came in he didn't even look at my wife or say hi or introduces himself or anything. Instead asked the nurse what was going on and then spent 30 seconds basically telling my wife there is nothing he can do and LITERALLY just stood up and walked out!!! Didn't even give her a chance to ask anything or answer any question she may have. She was to shocked to even stop him!! She said the nurse looked embarrassed about what just happened and suggested booking another visit.... As if that's going to happen! This guys, IMO, is a crook who over books his office just to collect an easy cheq because let's face it, he gets paid regardless of time spent with a patient... Reading the other reviews almost proves my point.
It's a shame he is the only dermatologist in Medicine Hat... I wouldn't waste your time ppl, drive to calgary or something. You'll end up waiting in his gross waiting room the same amount of time it would take you to get to calgary and see a REAL Dr who actually cares about his patients....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2591794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

How this dr is still in business is beyond me. I have never been treated so bad,EVER. I waited for close to 2 hours for my appointment and when i finally got in he honestly spent 1 minute with me(and no apology from anyone for being so behind). He would not make eye contact and barely spoke to me. No hi or goodbye. He mainly talked to his nurse and made me feel like i was a waste of his time. He didnt address anything and was zero help. I was shocked at how rude he was. I had read his reviews so i was expecting the worst when i went in but i wasnt prepared for just HOW bad he was. On a bright note though the nurses where really nice and helpful. I would encourage anybody needing a dermatologist to go to Lethbridge or Calgary instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

my experience with dr Taylor was awful, I brought my child for her appt the front desk nurse was very personable and friendly , but the nurse who takes you into the filthy back rooms was so cold and harsh . then she glanced at my child told us what the problem was( or what she believed it to be) when I asked about testing to be sure of the diagnosis she was totally offended and snapped at me for questioning her. I went to that office to see dr Taylor not his nurse!, if you want to be a doctor go back to school. she then proceeded to write a prescription and told us the dr would be right in , as if the dr was just a formality. I will not be back and will never recommend him ( or his nurse ) to anyone. upon leaving I called my family dr to get another referral to any other dr. also they never tested for anything and totally disregarded my family dr opinion on my child's problem and his office is filthy I was looking at where all of his tools and creams are kept in the back rooms and have seen cleaner truck stops. dr Taylor himself never spoke to us and we were ushered out of his office before we could ask any questions about other treatments. I can deal with an awkward dr that isn't very personable, but I felt as though his nurse or as she called herself his assistant over steps her job as a nurse and should not be writing prescriptions and diagnosing patients without giving the patients a chance to explain their condition or getting upset when she is questioned

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Absolutely brutal. I was referred by my family Dr for a couple different skin issues I was having. I had the first appointment after his lunch break at 1:30, I sat in the room for 45min until I heard him come in the back door from lunch. 45min late. My visit with him was actually all right, he took time to ask question and un like other reviews he looked me in the eye and spent time with me. He gave me 2 different creams for my issues and both did nothing. A week later I had a serious leg infection and went to the ER and the ER Dr knew right away what was going on and gave me the right cream and he knew I had allergic reaction when Taylor had no idea. He miss diagnosed both my issues. I had a follow up appointment and for some reason I went after calling 2 weeks in advance to confirm. I was early for my appointment and sat in the waiting room for 1 hour before I left and there was still 4 people ahead of me. Heres the thing that annoys me, in his waiting room its filled with papers and posters and notices on how to treat people and staff and to be respectful to everyone. How about the good Dr takes a page out of his book and works ON TIME and tries to be respectful of people time. Every review on here says how long waiting times are and its true. He should either shape up or ship out and Medicine Hat can get a real dermatologist that cares about his job and other peoples time. I think the bad reviews about the staff are unfair, they probable are just a frustrated as the patients are cause they have to work for a careless, untimely, unknowledgeable Dr and they get yelled at all day for his slack. I would happily drive to Lethbridge, Calgary, Regina or China before going back to him. Horrible isn't a strong enough word to describe his service. Stay away!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2515289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I would rather throw the 50 dollars in the garbage then pay that man again. The confirm 2 weeks in advance policy is ridiculous this is the only person I've ever heard of doing this.I forgot after 6 months to confirm my app even though I had confirmed when I made the app I would be there so I got there and they had canceled my app. The first time I went he didn't look me in the eyes, didn't even look at my wart that I came in for said a bunch of words asked me not to bring my children and left. I was so upset that he asked me not to bring my kids when they were very well behaved. He gave me some lotion stuff and I wicked broke out everywhere but he didn't care.I stopped using his crap he gave me and went to my regular Dr and it went away.I would rather drive 3 hours to Calgary to avoid that man! He is strange and everyone is entitled to have some quirks but don't become a professional when no one can stand you.If I could give him a lower review I would.We need a new dermatologist!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

He can not get to work on time for an office that doesn't even open until 9am. Over books the first time slot of the day. I don't feel confident that I got the correct diagnosis on either of my visits. My hairdresser was more helpful. I've wasted hours of life sitting in his waiting room. I could probably drive to Lethbridge to see a dermatologist there for the amount of time I spend sitting in his waiting room. From what he has hung on his walls in the office, it appears that he has more interest in folk music than dermatology. And the radio station played in the waiting room (not local) sucks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550676].votes_count ]]