Rate Dr. William Taylor

Dr. William Taylor's Ratings

Absolutely brutal. I was referred by my family Dr for a couple different skin issues I was having. I had the first appointment after his lunch break at 1:30, I sat in the room for 45min until I heard him come in the back door from lunch. 45min late. My visit with him was actually all right, he took time to ask question and un like other reviews he looked me in the eye and spent time with me. He gave me 2 different creams for my issues and both did nothing. A week later I had a serious leg infection and went to the ER and the ER Dr knew right away what was going on and gave me the right cream and he knew I had allergic reaction when Taylor had no idea. He miss diagnosed both my issues. I had a follow up appointment and for some reason I went after calling 2 weeks in advance to confirm. I was early for my appointment and sat in the waiting room for 1 hour before I left and there was still 4 people ahead of me. Heres the thing that annoys me, in his waiting room its filled with papers and posters and notices on how to treat people and staff and to be respectful to everyone. How about the good Dr takes a page out of his book and works ON TIME and tries to be respectful of people time. Every review on here says how long waiting times are and its true. He should either shape up or ship out and Medicine Hat can get a real dermatologist that cares about his job and other peoples time. I think the bad reviews about the staff are unfair, they probable are just a frustrated as the patients are cause they have to work for a careless, untimely, unknowledgeable Dr and they get yelled at all day for his slack. I would happily drive to Lethbridge, Calgary, Regina or China before going back to him. Horrible isn't a strong enough word to describe his service. Stay away!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I would rather throw the 50 dollars in the garbage then pay that man again. The confirm 2 weeks in advance policy is ridiculous this is the only person I've ever heard of doing this.I forgot after 6 months to confirm my app even though I had confirmed when I made the app I would be there so I got there and they had canceled my app. The first time I went he didn't look me in the eyes, didn't even look at my wart that I came in for said a bunch of words asked me not to bring my children and left. I was so upset that he asked me not to bring my kids when they were very well behaved. He gave me some lotion stuff and I wicked broke out everywhere but he didn't care.I stopped using his crap he gave me and went to my regular Dr and it went away.I would rather drive 3 hours to Calgary to avoid that man! He is strange and everyone is entitled to have some quirks but don't become a professional when no one can stand you.If I could give him a lower review I would.We need a new dermatologist!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

He can not get to work on time for an office that doesn't even open until 9am. Over books the first time slot of the day. I don't feel confident that I got the correct diagnosis on either of my visits. My hairdresser was more helpful. I've wasted hours of life sitting in his waiting room. I could probably drive to Lethbridge to see a dermatologist there for the amount of time I spend sitting in his waiting room. From what he has hung on his walls in the office, it appears that he has more interest in folk music than dermatology. And the radio station played in the waiting room (not local) sucks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

My experience with Dr. Taylor was the worst experience I have ever encountered with a doctor. This office and Dr. Taylor are so unprofessional that it is hard to believe the is still practicing medicine. The filthy environment and his appearance shouldn't be tolerated by the medical profession. He did not address my concerns or even care what they were! He spoke to his intern not to me. I would not recommend any GP to refer their patients to Dr. Taylor. I drove 500kms round trip to see this Dr. who kept me waiting over an hour and I left with NO answers. While waiting in a room for Dr. Taylor I could over hear him making plans for the weekend with friends. I understand he has a life outside the office but he was an hour behind seeing his patients! He spent twice as much time making those plans as he did addressing my health concerns. It was a waste of my time and tax payers money as I will now need to be referred to another dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

This was a terrible experience. I waited with 3 small children (1 of which the appointment was for) for over an hour. Dr Taylor spent less than 30 seconds in the room with us and never once looked at me or talked to me...he only ever talked to his nurse. I would rather travel out of town to see a different doctor than go back to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Very disappointing :( Nurses and front staff very rude and not informative. Longest wait time , with no apology :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Dr. Taylor's office is incredibly dirty, and unsanitary looking. He has a mysterious white stain on the seat area of his office chair, and the arm has been previously fixed by him, using a whole roll of electrical tape. The counter-tops were filthy, and there were tubes of product without lids sitting everywhere. The waiting times in his office are around 3 hours, so bring something to keep yourself occupied while he talks on the phone in the next room about his car. Not only does he not make eye contact, he doesn't comb his hair before coming into work. The waiting room was full of people who probably expected to see him hours earlier. He is a very unprofessional doctor! Please do not visit him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2013

Bad experience with him years ago. Overexposed me to PUVA therapy. Left with major UV damage and permanent over pigmentation on entire body. Specialist in Calgary could not believe he kept doing the treatments and would have continued to had I not voluntarily quit. Dr. T brushed aside my concerns and fears when I questioned him about the extreme pigmentation that was occurring and was annoyed that I was questioning him. Apparently the almighty dollar was more important then my health. Now I am pretty much banned from the sun and have to be monitored for skin cancer as a lot of the freckles have begun to change. Wouldn't send my worst enemy to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

If he worked in any other profession he would have been fired long ago! I can have a better conversation with my cat who at least makes eye contact!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1550672].votes_count ]]