Rate Dr. Keith Rourke

Dr. Keith Rourke's Ratings

It's been a privilege to be a patient of such a good doctor. He did bladder reconstrction on me and its changed my whole life. He's knowledgeable, skilled, and I love his easy going personality. He explains procedures so they're easily understood. I just wish he was around 15 years earlier!

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Rourke has taken the time, even during busy and hectic clinic days to discuss concerns with me and after an examination went over the various options and gave a recommendation as to which one would be recommended but the final choice was mine. He also provided an explanation of things that had happened after surgery by another doctor and made it clear. He made eye contact while talking to me and listened to what I had to say and showed a genuine interest in me, not like others. His bedside manner during outpatient procedure was exceptional and I was treated with respect, courtesy and a genuine caring manner. I have a day surgery to be done and feel very confident that everything will be done well.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Rourke is a very kind caring knowlegable surgeon. He takes time to listen, and answer any questions that I had. The results from my surgery were excellent. Plus he did a very caring follow up on me for 12 months. He also has a very good bedside manner with a little humor now and then which I certainly needed and enjoyed. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2012 | flag

My husband recently had pan ureathral reconstrution.Doctor Rourke was truly a gift,he was amazing.From start to finish he made everything easy to understand.He gave the very best bedside mannor,a calm caring aproach.Dr.Rourke answered all our questions in his office and at the hospital, taking extra time to even make jokes.We are very lucky to have access to such a gifted doctor,one that puts patients and their families first.We will forever be grateful to doctor Rourke and his entire team.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2011 | flag

not very nice bedside mannor poor made us feel unconfortable was quite clear he did not like our family doctor

Submitted May 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Rourke is an incredible surgeon,. My son required urethra reconstruction surgery and has completed the 1st of 2 surgeries. Dr. Rourke explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. He is very pleasant and professional to deal with and was extremely patient with out son, fantastic bedside manor. I had to contact Dr. Rourke once we returned home, even though he was in surgery all day he returned my call within 1 1/2 hours. Highly recommend!!

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

We in Edmonton are lucky to have access to such a specialist. Dr. Rourke gave my brother a new lease on life with urethral reconstruction. He was everything I hope for in a physician.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

My husband had the reconstructive surgery in Sept 2010, everything went good. We both find that Dr. Rourke doesn't spend enough time explaining procedures and actually listening to the patient. He does come highly recommended and does his job well, his staff was very helpful. The reconstructive surgery did help the one situation but when my husband asked about other urology questions he would not give his opinion saying that his other urologist will answer those questions. Whats wrong with a second opinion?

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag

My husband had urethral reconsturctive surgery last month. Yup, Dr. Rourke doesn't have the BEST bedside manner, but I think he is a brilliant surgeon. It was very easy getting hold of his courteous office people. I'm glad that Edmonton has a surgeon of this quality expertise here in veritable smallville. We are both happy. By the way Catheters are a pain in the ...Y'know.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2011 | flag

I found Dr. Rouke to be a very knowledgeable doctor but wished that he spent more time consulting with me about my condition. A normal consultation would last about 3-4 minutes. I also wish that Dr. Rourke was easier to get a hold of. Usually when I phone, I get his answering machine and need to phone multiple days to finally reach reception. I understand that Dr. Rourke is a busy man and has many commitments and is unable to phone back clients but why can't there be a answering machine when his admin assistant is not present at her desk? Why can't she phone back clients if they need to reschedule appointments?

Submitted Nov. 5, 2010 | flag