Rate Dr. Sherri Hancock

Dr. Sherri Hancock's Ratings

please avoid this doctor.i went to her in 2012 only to have to justify to her why i needed to see her. my initial visit with her was not comforting nor helpful. I had a follow up with her a few months later where she brought in a locum doctor and was extra nice. however she wasn't as professional as i had expected because we were meeting about my latest ultrasound results, which she didnt have!!!!!!!!!! i changed doctors and earlier this year was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrosis.....if dr hancock had done her job and listened to me, she could have diagnosed me earlier. she's a waste on tax payer $$. I urge you please please please do not go to her!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2451806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Best I can say is that she was on time. I saw her regarding a permanent resolution to extremely bad cramping because I no longer wished to be on hormonal birth control. She was perfectly happy to offer a hysterectomy, until she found out that I have no children. After that I kept getting "You'll change your mind" and "You'll regret it" in regard to sterlization. She told me I was "silly" to request a tubal at the same time she was planning to do a surgical exam because I'd always have to be on hormones to control my pain. Her report to my doctor advised I'd decided against a tubal becuase it's a "drastic decision". Her knowledge is also badly out of date advising a procedcure which could potentially resolve my cramps wasn't available in Canada and she'd never heard of it. An email from VIHA indicates it is available locally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Performed an emergency C-section after a failed attempt at a home birth with midwives. She had horrible bedside manner and was very disparaging about attempting a home birth. She also told me I would not be able to deliver vaginally in the future (which was incorrect because I have since had a VBAC). She did do a good job on the Caesarean though...my scar is very small and caused me no problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Terrible bedside maner. Did not feel heard or supported, rather rushed and judged. Have seen her twice and am requesting new referral for different OBGYN.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1551915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

This doctor is completely dead inside and should work with machinery rather than people. You will walk away either crying or enraged because of what comes out of her mouth and the complete lack of empathy that she has for her patients. I was told that I should consider myself lucky that I was having a miscarriage as opposed to cancer when I voiced concern about having to wait an additional 2 weeks to have a D&C after going through a misscarriage for 5 weeks already. She is a sad representation of the medical field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2011

Excellent Doc. Knows her stuff, she isn't too shy to say or ask those questions that need to be asked. I like her personality and her "plan of action" that she gave me-first doc to do that, and give me atimeline to look at in terms of diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2010

Dr. Hancock is a very informed and intelligent gyne, when you need things answered or need the specialist help she delivers. Exam to surgery in 45 mins. Very nice and easy to talk to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

I really appreciated her time and attention to my concerns. She was right on time, though yes I'm sure like all specialists there may be times when there is a long wait. She is way more patient and kind than my GP and I left the office beaming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2010

I was very happy with the kindness and understanding Dr. Hancock showed towards me. I did not feel rushed through an appointment and she is very professional with regards to what she shares with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551910].votes_count ]]