Rate Dr. Darcy Nielsen

Dr. Darcy Nielsen's Ratings

We went to see Dr Nielsen when I was pregnant with my now 3 year old and was very lucky to stay with her after for myself and two kids. She is a great Dr and feels like I'm talking to a friend. She is so pleasant and easy to talk to. After my MVA and dealing with ups and downs she has been supportive and great with the kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

I have had Darcy as my doctor since she started practicing, I think. She is wonderful! She is kind, very knowledgeable and current, makes excellent referrals, gives wonderful support in tough times. Basically, I find her quite punctual but being so kind if she spends a bit of extra time when necessary, that's ok with me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2556641].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Darcy was my maternity doctor for my last two pregnancies. She is the best doctor I have ever had. I would have transferred my care to her full time, but her practice was full. During my last pregnancy my marriage fell apart, and she was the most amazing, supportive doctor ever. When my daughter was 5 weeks old she ended up in the hospital for RSV. Darcy either personally checked on her, or sent one of her colleagues every day she was there. It was above and beyond what she had to do. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2501980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

She is our family GP now for two adults (no kids). I find her very easy to talk to and very understanding. She always has time for me and makes me feel like she is actually listening when I have issues to discuss. I'm very pleased to be a patient at her practice!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1551974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Dr. Nielsen is, without a doubt, an angel. She is kind and attentive, always busy but willing to spend the time when needed. I had depression during my first pregnancy and she spent much more than the allotted time with me. She followed my health very closely. Since then, if she is ever running late, I know it is because she is spending that extra time with someone else to make sure she/he is safe and well-cared for. I am thrilled to have her for a family GP (thanks Grumpa & Grandma) for myself and my two young children.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1551973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Nielsen's forever. I think she is a fabulous person, always in a good mood and happy to see me. I do feel as though she downplays my concerns though, which I find a little belittling. I also feel she is very quick to prescribe medications, which isn't always the best approach. Still, she is a great GP and very nice person. Excellent staff in the office (Barb is fantastic).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1551972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Simply the best! Very good at referring you to the best physicians and Surgeons. Very knowledgeable and current.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

We were happy with Dr. Nielsen's care until we decided to have our third child. At that point we decided to use a midwife during our pregnancy as our plan was to pursue a home-based birth, which is a process not supported by maternity doctors. Upon learning of our decision, Dr. Nielsen promptly dismissed our young family from her practice (i.e.: fired us), effectively leaving our two current daughters without a family doctor. We are currently looking into filing a formal complaint with the BC College of Physicians & Surgeons. It is unfortunate that MD's such as Dr. Nielsen feel threatened by midwifery care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2011

Dr Darcy Nielsen is a wonderful caring person who treats her patients like family. PS.Barb you rock!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2010

highly professional, friendly, knowledgeable, up-to-date. caring. bright as a button, helpful, thoughtful, great sense of humour. wouldn't trade her for anyone. terrific office staff in barb!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551968].votes_count ]]