Rate Dr. Darcy Nielsen

Dr. Darcy Nielsen's Ratings

Darcy was my maternity doctor for my last two pregnancies. She is the best doctor I have ever had. I would have transferred my care to her full time, but her practice was full. During my last pregnancy my marriage fell apart, and she was the most amazing, supportive doctor ever. When my daughter was 5 weeks old she ended up in the hospital for RSV. Darcy either personally checked on her, or sent one of her colleagues every day she was there. It was above and beyond what she had to do. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

She is our family GP now for two adults (no kids). I find her very easy to talk to and very understanding. She always has time for me and makes me feel like she is actually listening when I have issues to discuss. I'm very pleased to be a patient at her practice!

Submitted July 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Nielsen is, without a doubt, an angel. She is kind and attentive, always busy but willing to spend the time when needed. I had depression during my first pregnancy and she spent much more than the allotted time with me. She followed my health very closely. Since then, if she is ever running late, I know it is because she is spending that extra time with someone else to make sure she/he is safe and well-cared for. I am thrilled to have her for a family GP (thanks Grumpa & Grandma) for myself and my two young children.

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Nielsen's forever. I think she is a fabulous person, always in a good mood and happy to see me. I do feel as though she downplays my concerns though, which I find a little belittling. I also feel she is very quick to prescribe medications, which isn't always the best approach. Still, she is a great GP and very nice person. Excellent staff in the office (Barb is fantastic).

Submitted May 27, 2011 | flag

Simply the best! Very good at referring you to the best physicians and Surgeons. Very knowledgeable and current.

Submitted April 2, 2011 | flag

We were happy with Dr. Nielsen's care until we decided to have our third child. At that point we decided to use a midwife during our pregnancy as our plan was to pursue a home-based birth, which is a process not supported by maternity doctors. Upon learning of our decision, Dr. Nielsen promptly dismissed our young family from her practice (i.e.: fired us), effectively leaving our two current daughters without a family doctor. We are currently looking into filing a formal complaint with the BC College of Physicians & Surgeons. It is unfortunate that MD's such as Dr. Nielsen feel threatened by midwifery care.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr Darcy Nielsen is a wonderful caring person who treats her patients like family. PS.Barb you rock!

Submitted Sept. 30, 2010 | flag

highly professional, friendly, knowledgeable, up-to-date. caring. bright as a button, helpful, thoughtful, great sense of humour. wouldn't trade her for anyone. terrific office staff in barb!

Submitted Aug. 5, 2009 | flag

I have been with Dr. Nielsen forever. She is a terrific doctor – she kicks your butt when it needs kicking but she is also very supportive. I am a 55+ obese female with high blood pressure and I have been struggling with my weight and a nasty smoking habit for years. Darcy has never given up on me and she absolutely will not let me give up on myself. Yesterday she had to tell me that I am now a diabetic and this news took more than a couple of minutes. So does she run late sometimes? Yes she does, and it is because she takes the time with patients who are in crisis to explain what is going on and to answer any questions. I am very grateful. And to the people who have stated that Darcy wouldn't do their pap smears because they were too fat or fired them as patients because they were obese - perhaps there was another reason - one that they do not wish to acknowledge. She still does my pap smears and I'm no ballerina!!

Submitted April 2, 2009 | flag

Darcy Nielson is an excellent doctor. I have seen a lot of doctors, and will vouch that she is the best. She has been my doctor for many years and I was very sad to leave her when we moved to a different province. She really is above all the rest. She's delivered two babies for me and the care has always been top notch and right on for diagnoses. Loved her so much I gave my daughter the middle name Eliana, named after Darcy's daughter :)

Submitted Nov. 15, 2008 | flag