Rate Dr. Antonio Benitez-Gomez

Dr. Antonio Benitez-Gomez's Ratings

I believe many reviewers are confusing Dr. Antonio Benitez-Gomez with Dr. Antonio Benitez. Both are in surrey. The first is a complete gentleman and the second is very condescending and rude. The first is located in White rock and the second is located near Surrey Central.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I couldn't ask for better treatment. He treats me with undeserved respect. All doctors are busy so I wish they would implement a $10 user fee to reduce nuisance appointments and use the funds to get more doctors. I have seen him for 10 years or so and hope works till I die :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I've been treated by a Psychiatrist for depression/anxiety. I've been prescribed meds for both & was making some improvement. My Psychiatrist tried me on a new med and then was going to send info over to my family MD Dr. Benitez for care/prescriptions. She was being reassigned and no other Psychiatrists were taking patients. I made an appt. with Dr. Benitez. He did't listen to me. Said he did not receive any instructions from my Psychiatrist and made it clear that he had no intention of following up with her. I showed him my prescription bottles but he accused me of abusing meds. He would not fill my prescription & I was left with a three day supply......needless to say the anxiety increased. He talked to me very rudely and was angry and condescending. I asked him "what am I going to do?" in tears. He just shrugged and said go back to my other Doctor,when I had already said she had been reassigned and I could not get a referral to another Psychiatrist as none were taking new patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I have chronic, severe back pain for which I have to take low-level narcotic medication. As I am waiting on X-Ray results, I did not want to bother my GP, who is at the same clinic, until he had those tests back. In the meantime I ended up having to visit the walk-in clinic in severe pain and completely out of medication. This guy treated me like a drug addict who was shopping for prescriptions, though he had online access to medical files and complete medication history. He even told me they would get a "warning" letter from the college if I didn't see my own doctor (who is very busy) only for prescription refills. What a total jerk. Zero empathy and utterly devoid of bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

A wonderful family doctor. Really cares for his patients. He has given me yearly medicals for the past twenty years and has discussed the results of every one with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

A true family doctor, Dr. Benitez is helpful and patient every time i get checked up. he never rushes me out and even on his day off, i know he is a busy man...i am lucky enough to have him travel on his day off to see me in the hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2010

Dr Benitez has been our family medical advisor since my pregnancy with my first child over 11 years ago. Since then we roughly see him twice a year. He has constantly been through and caring. He takes his time explaining what is happening and treatment options. Before we leave the examination room he always ask is there anything else??? When leaving he always encourages us to come back if we are concerned. His holistic approach is full scope he will ask about exercise, diet and socializing with other Moms and friends. My children and I feel we are very luck to have such a compassionate competent Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2010

a man who truly cares about his patients. He has been looking after my mom for many years and I am grateful for his kind, respectful nature. Old-school style. He takes his time to explain things. A good doctor for someone who is proactive about their health. Excellent follow-up. Needs time to 'warm up' to a patient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2010

I visited this doctor, and his attention was poor and bad, he was very arrogant. When I tried to explain my symptoms, he just cut me off and treated me bad, like a I didn't know about anything about my diseases, I tried to explain that I have problems of pre diabetic and he just got really angry or at least he looked like it. He never even checked my symptoms, even my stomach, he didn't ask me anything relevant and he just prescribed the medicine and gave me a sheet with exams, I don't want to see him anymore, I speak Spanish like him but he made me feel very humilliated and dismissed. Awful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2010

This doctor has to many patients firstly. He is also biased as he only has people of his culture. He rushes through meetings and forget's what he said or promised, etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1552061].votes_count ]]