Dr. Anson Cheung

Rate Dr. Anson Cheung

Dr. Anson Cheung's Ratings

a few years back i was in Van for a knee appointment....when i was informed my father was being medivaced from Haida Gwaii to St Pauls....he had all arteries blocked and his heart actually made a new channel to try and keep the body alive...dr cheung worked a miracle to rebuild his pump from years of abuse....when in recovery he had over 3 litres of fluid removed from lungs after surgery a normal complication...all the staff and surgeons were 110% to save him for a second time..i spent 3 weeks at the hospital and seen so many lives saved from these individuals they deserve all the recongition and more for their duties...cheung saved 4 people that day .and probably 50 more while i was helping pops recover...what a wonderfull man to live his life to save others and restore families for a little longer...all the best to him and his family

Submitted May 5, 2013 | flag

Anson Cheung a very skillful caring doctor who replaced my Mitral valve with a composite ring after he had operated on others at 3pm in the afternoon with one days notice to me,he fitted me in as a 76 yrs old man, I was so weak and only able to go upstairs on all fours. Since then I have been able to go out on a bike several times a week. St Paul's staff also were 100%,took great care of me. Once discharged and in the hands of my GP my problems came who had no idea what they had to "check up" on me. If you are booked for work with Anson,relax you got the best you could wish for,not a bit of doubt in my mind,who was admitted with a lot of fear. Now in my 80th year my heart is trouble free thanks to Anson Cheung and the staff on the 5th floor.

Submitted March 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Anson Cheung was very unprofessional and non informative when learning of my HIV status and quickly stopped my bypass surgery consulation. His uncaring and rudeness left me feeling stigmatized and discriminated against.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

I was medivacked to St. Pauls for a heart transplant. (from Prince George) The emergency ward here gave me a 20 percent chance of surviving the trip. I thank God when I arived Dr. Anson Cheung wan in the building. First he saved my life, then he saved my heart. He went out of his way to introduce himself to me, when the drugs had worn of (2 weeks later).And i'm grateful to have a face to put to the name of this "angel'. He is a world renouned surgeon and a very modest and caring person. He could work anywhere in the world , and he chooses Vancouver. And I am so glad he does. Both Dr. Cheung and St Pauls hospital is top class, the BEST.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2011 | flag

He performed quadruple bypass surgery on our 85 year old mother. His wonderful smile and compassion in addition to his knowledge and skill puts him number 1 on her list.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Anson Cheung replaced my Mitral valve and repaired Tricuspid valve, I only stayed in St. Paul for less than 7 days, he is a very professional young man, I don't talk to him much, but I can feel he is doing his job from his bottom of his heart and praise GOD for this good surgeon on earth.

Submitted July 21, 2011 | flag

As a man in my 70s unable to walk up the stairs, Anson has me on feet and my Bike now after placing a composite ring around the my heart valve.without Anson I would not be here now,for me he is a most wonderful clever great man.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr Cheung saved my husbands life by implanting a ventricular assist device and is awaiting aheart transplant, he explains everything to his patient so you understand and is very compassionate, too bad there arent more doctors like him

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

Dr. Cheung changed my life in many ways after a valve replacement. After many years of Cardiomyopathy and Heart Failure and then the Mitril Valve leaking my quality of life has not been that great. Since the surgery I have much more energy. I can think a lot clearer. Even remember things better. I am very grateful for everything that Dr. Cheung and his surgical team as well as the nurses at ST. Paul's Hospital did for me. I feel better than I have in years. I have four grandchildren one only six days old. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to meet the newest member of our family, but because of Dr. Cheung's brilliance I did. Having the energy to play with my other grandchildren is such a blessing. I don't think thank-you is enough. You have changed my life Dr. Chueng and I am so grateful. The other posts are correct, You are a very caring Dr. From the bottom of our hearts my family and I thank you. I wish the very best to all the people that post on this site.

Submitted April 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Cheung recently performed my heart transplant. He is a remarkable surgeon, and a really nice guy. I was very comfortable when I first met him, and continued to be throughout my time in hospital. He saved my life, despite the odds, and a brutal 14 hour surgery with multiple complications. How can you ever thank someone enough for that.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2009 | flag