Rate Dr. Stephen Genuis

Dr. Stephen Genuis's Ratings

Despite being told there was a 2 year wait list, I was fortunate to get in after 6months due to a cancellation. Dr. G. has solved two problems, one which was unresponsive, the other had not been identified. Costs of supplements for 2 conditions were my choice. With changes in eating as well, I was able to turn high insulin levels around in 3 months and maintain improved heath . He has been very thorough, professional and respectful for the past 3-4 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2605622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

A kind man and outstanding physician who identified the root cause of my major illness, guided me on how to heal it, and educated me on how to prevent future occurrences, including healthy and detrimental life choices. I will be forever grateful for this caring man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

This doctor has changed my entire life and health. It was definetly expensive to start but the majority of the cost seems to go to the very expensive testing that Canadian health insurance needs to catch up with. I came off of medication for Adult ADD and gastrointenstinal issues and lost 20 pounds in the first few months alone!! I am commited to the program for 2 years as most of the benefits are long term dont expect a quick fix (even though you might get one), that is not the way "Health" works but its the way we have been led to believe fixes can be achieved. The way Dr. Genuis aims to improve you entire health seems to be unheard of in this day and age. Read his articles online before you go so you know what the program will be. This is the future of medicine (yet its utulizing many timeless ideas) and it consists of proper nutrition and environmental changes (removing toxins) rather than popping a pill for each ill. If you dont want to follow the strict food guidelines and make changes to what you use in your home I dont think you should waste your money. Continue living as you do and let other patients improve their lifestyle. Commit to the program and you will get out what you put in. I have been...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I have been passed around the medical system for years and given many separate diagnoses even though I am still a young individual and should not have so many health issues. Instead of looking at these issues independently, Dr. Genuis was able to make sense of them in the bigger picture of what's going on in my body and all my chronic issues finally made sense. In years and years of treatment and trying everything under the sun, I didn't see results even close to comparable to what I've experienced working with Dr. Genuis for only 5 months. Yes, it's extremely expensive but I can't put a price on how finally being healthy has improved my quality of life from this point forward. He does not make any promises but will work relentlessly to see you get healthy and expects you to put in the same effort and attention into your own success. His methods and approach is made very clear before you sign on to be his patient and he strongly desires to work with patients only if they are completely ok with complying with his advice, as odd as it might be some times. In my experience it has been 100% worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I believed in Dr. Genuis when I first started seeing him. He makes alot of promises. Unfortunately, after spending thousands of dollars I have not found solutions to my health issues. I do not think that they are all that complex and have found much better assistance from a naturopath. I had gone to Dr. Genuis for several years, and as of late, I find him rude, unapproachable and dismissive. He continues to make promises and will readily take you on a 'wild goose chase', spending thousands of your dollars. I would not waste my time or money on this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

This doctor saved my son's life and returned me to health. I am eternally grateful. He and his staff are wonderful beyond words. It is sad that cowardly imposters from drug and telecommunications companies pretend to be patients and make up malicious gossip on this site. Too bad he doesn't take many new patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

Dr Genius has ruined my friends life and her marriage.He has convinced her that his hokum pseudo science is making her sick.Please people, seek real medical advice and psychological help if you think radio waves that have been around since the beggining of time can make you sick,they can not... Dr Genius makes a lot of money preying on these people,and his methods are unproven and very questionable. Get a real doctor, you will get better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2012

looks for the problem, not bandaid treatment. the fact that this doc only sees patients that are referred to him by other medical doctors and he still has a huge waiting list is evidence of the quality of his treatment and care. he suggested stuff that was new to me, but he supports everything with evidence from the medical literature and is super open about pros and cons. (I have a medical background so I can also say that articles by Dr. Genuis are published in medical journals all the time). he does comprehensive testing and treatment based on those results made a big difference to me! Health care should be paying for this testing - but that is a problem which politicians should fix. i highly recommend this doc - the bottom line is that he listened to me, helped me and was caring at the same time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr. Genuis is engaged in a questionable medical practice. There is no scientific evidence supporting his theories on MCS or EHS. The majority of research in this field concludes there is no medical or scientific basis for an MCS or EHS diagnoses. Do your reasearch before you buy into his fringe ideas. Read the World Health Organization's website for positions on both these controversial diagnoses. His expensive treatments are not covered by AHS or Blue Cross because there is no medical basis for them. So save your money and find a doctor who can properly diagnose and treat you. If he is giving you advice to "avoid the chemicals in the air" to prevent anxiety and depression, be cautioned, as this may only exascerbate the problem, and will certainly not make it better. See a Psychiatrist who is trained in this area, not a fringe Obstetrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr Genuis may be a good obstetrician and researcher; his staff are the most unprofessional, rude, incompetent/arrogant assistants I have ever encountered - in person or on the phone. I have been a medical professional for over twenty years and have never encountered staff who lose consultation reports and deny the fact when confronted with a copy of the original! Dr Genius's waiting list of one year is unusual in the field. His protocol may be effective, but is limited to patients who have the financial means (currently $6000.00) to pay for the necessary American tests and his analyses. In his defense, AHS and Blue Cross should be recognizing his environmental treatments so anyone who needs a more individualized diagnosis can then obtain the nutritional supplements that are showing the most beneficial improvements to quality of life. Forget other Occupational/Environmental Health professionals dealing with MCS in Edmonton. Dr Genius' not the greatest; he's the only one "qualified."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555309].votes_count ]]