Rate Dr. John Wade

Dr. John Wade's Ratings

Dr. Wade has a really bad bedside manner. He is always late and rushed, and he asks questions in the negative (eg. 'So no more pain?' 'No difficulty breathing' 'No headaches/nausea'), which makes it difficult to have a conversation. He often interrupts. He hasn't explained any of the meds he has prescribed or the diagnoses he is considering for my case, which has made me more anxious about it. I have seen him 10 times this year and he often examines the joints in my feet/knees with my shoes and jeans on. I think he is a nice person, and I know he is a knowledgeable physician, but I haven't had a good experience with him so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2011

Dr Wade was extremely helpful and knowledgeable regarding my concers. I recommend him to anyone looking for a good rheumatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2011

He is the kind of doctor that I want to like more than I actually do. He is superficially very charming and engaging but while he seems to remember details of my career and family, he often seems to confuse or mix up details of my medical history. I have seen him about 4 times over 4 years and each time I like him a little less than the time before. He dictates his letters to the referring physcian in your presence and that is when it becomes very clear that he has glossed over many of the important details of your history and has made some downright errors that make his final recommendations weaker than they would otherwise be. Actually, I don't know that he has ever been able to say with any certainty what might be wrong with me - its all kind of vague and unsettling when he tells you to come back if you have any further problems when he doesn't seem to have any answers for the problems you already have. Great bedside manner but a bit impatient and not the world's greatest listener.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Waited almost a year for this app't. Seen by intern first who was more helpful. When finally seen, made me feel rushed,flustered when asked personal questions about my income and asked details about it. Very arrogant .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Wade for 14.5 yrs when I was diagnosed with a rare disease. He is amazing and really helped me work through it and teamed up with my nephrologist to get me into remission. Always on top of the latest research. LOVE him, he's awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2010

For the last 18 months, I've been shunted from one unhelpful doctor to another. FINALLY, a doctor who listens and seems willing to help. A doctor who doesn't just glance at me and then say he can't help. I LOVE Dr. Wade. It was so totally worth the wait for the first appointment and I can understand why he is so popular. Saw him yesterday, he gave me a plan, even though we don't have a complete solution, and I feel better already. First time I didn't leave a doctor's office in tears. I would absolutely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2010

Perhaps the person who posted below this one should consider switching to a Homeopathic Doctor, or one who specializes in Herbal Medicine. Rhuematologists practice western medicine just in case you didn't know! Dr. Wade is one the best in his field, and I have had nothing but positive experiences with him. There are people with serious diseases who wouldn't be alive today, had they not taken medications prescribed by physicians like Dr. Wade - I'm sure many of them would be happy to take your place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Doesn't listen. When he told me my diet had nothing to do with my joints when I told him I got better when I changed my eating I knew he was not the doctor for me. For a person willing to help themselves he was a complete waste of time. He seems obsessed with defining a condition then druging you for teaching purposes instead of just focusing on helping you get better. Good for people who want a definition of their condition with some drugs. He was entirely shocked when I was able to almost cure myself thru dietary changes, and he doesn't seem to believe people can overcome their sicknesses. Such a shame.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I've seen many doctors in my 80 years but Dr.Wade is by far the absolute best;a true professional with a wonderful compassionate attitude and one who generates confidence every time you see him.I look forward to seeing him because I know he can and will help me. He has my highest recomendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2009

After having a previous Rheumatologist who was absolutely horrible, Dr. Wade has been wonderful in comparison. I was very sick in the hospital because of a relapse with my Vasculitis in June(this relapse was due to poor care I had recieved with my previous Rheumatologist), and Dr. Wade took time after work to visit me and see how I was doing - not many doctors would do that, and this shows the kind of character he has. I have also found him punctual and up to date on the best mode of treatment for my disease. Overall, I have been very pleased with the care I've been given.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1555631].votes_count ]]