Dr. Christopher Bourque

Rate Dr. Christopher Bourque

Dr. Christopher Bourque's Ratings

I've been dealing with at least 12-15 migraines per month, and after several visits to the emergency, they bumped me to 1st on Dr. Bourque's list of people to see. He asked me if I had any family with migraines, tumors, etc - after explaining that my cousin nearly died from a brain aneurism, he laughed at me and said "Just because it happened to your cousin, doesn't mean you're dying - you have nothing in your head" (At this point I had never gone for any type of scan) He then gave me blood pressure pills (when it was already good) and it dropped to a dangerous low after a few weeks. Needless to say I will NEVER go back to him and will NEVER recommend him to anyone. Extremely unprofessional and rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Dr. Bourque is very knowledgeable. He can come off a bit serious at first but don't take it personally! He took my concerns seriously and investigated them appropriately after a colleague referred me for a second opinion. After some time after our first visit, he even sent a letter to the colleague to ask if there had been any updates on how I was doing. He is a great doctor and you will be in good hands with him. Would definitely recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2013

He was recommended for Botox treatment for severe migraines, has anyone had the treatment for this by Dr. Borque? He didn't fill out the insurance paperwork properly the first time and when they sent him a request to finish filling it out, his secretary said he stuffed their request to the bottom of his pile. My GP is contacting him direct to get the ball rolling. Not sure if I trust him to stick needles into my head after leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Anyone have any feedback? trust him or move onto another doctor?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2013

Had this doctor check me for possible Parkinson's. He was very human in his approach and I felt very comfortable with him. Yes, he is very direct, but he certainly appears to know his stuff. I' ve dealt with many specialists, and I certainly think he's one of the better ones. I would rely on him again. Remember, no doctor is infallible, they are human just like the rest of us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

A RUDE INDIVIDUAL WITH LACK OF CONCERN; DON'T WASTE HIS TIME OR YOURS; ASK TO BE REFERRED TO ANOTHER SPECIALIST

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

Dr. Borque is a very caring and knowledgable person. I trust him completely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

rude, unhelpful and was quick to assume my issue was minor. he was wrong i later found out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2011

Through my GP,over the phone, this Dr put me on seizure meds.For months I dealt with the side effects of that med, when I didn't have seizures.The side effects of the meds, easily set my medical care back, by 1 year. Taking the focus off of what was my true medical condition. He put my chart in his drawer and literally forgot about me. When I began to take control of my medical care and reviewed his reports (you have that right), he was more concerned about my weight than my neuro problems. He presents as an easy going nice guy....but when I read the report, I felt betrayed. I see a specialist now, who has clearly told me that my symptoms are not caused by weight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2011

Doctor is direct. Will follow up. Patient considered. Nice quiet office setting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Comparing him to the other specialists that I have had to see in the past 2 years I would have to say he was excellent. He didnt rush me, listened to what I was saying..and spent 75mins with me testing ..and stated he would be sending a letter to my family physician in 10 days or so..and it was there...very impressive. What dr's dont realize when someone knows something is wrong with them(no one knows our bodies better than us)and no one stops and listens to them when they are trying to explain what is going on is very frustrating and creates add stress to the patient. Dr B certainly listened...didnt talk much..but listened and prepared an informed opinion to my family dr. I would highly recommend a referral to him. His receptionist was friendly and the whole experience was a positive one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1557059].votes_count ]]