Rate Dr. John A. Gatell

Dr. John A. Gatell's Ratings

I would like to thank Dr Gatel for his help with both my late husband and myself. I was down sick in the bed and barely able to feed myself, after seeing Dr Gatel, his knowledge in the treatment of my multiple Autoimmune diseases, I was able to get up outta the bed and even went back to work! I am down sick once again, and so wish he was practicing, because I would definitely drive the 8 hours to see him again. He basically brought me outta the jaws of death before and I have faith that if he was practicing, he could help me out once again.
Former patient and RN of 25 years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

A true jerk. Acussed me of using Meth and Marijuana, and told me to get lost, after seeing him and driving one way 100 miles for over 3 years. Had a different receptionist/nurse EACH time almost,heard him hit on ladies on several occasions, let his dogs run wild in his office and waiting room. Came In whenever he pleased, if at all, and seemed constantly preoccupied. I have now been with my family doctor (Memorial Day marked 3 years) and have had no problems ,nor complaints. Facebook says he "surrendered" his liscense...malarky. I wouldn't go to this quack for an asprin or a bandaid.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1557647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Gatell should NOT be practicing medicine in any way shape and or form. It's a shame if a physician loses his/her medical license, they can simply pack up and very simply look for a different state and continue their practise there. One of these days, Dr. Gatell will seriously harm one of his patients. He intimidates his patients a great deal. He personally pulled my pants down and gave me an injection and then a playful slap and then giggled then told me to meet him in his office. When I met him in his office, he said I gave him a hard on. I was so repulsed and so upset over that. That wasn't the first time though. He's seriously sick. I wanted a different medication and it turned out that specific meet, he was in a bad mood. He's the most unpredictable doctor I've ever known. He said to me if you don't "Shut up" I will not give you what you "want". He knows he has the ball in his court and he knows he can intimidate his patients with extreme ease as well as pleasure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2010

Dr Gatell is a charlatan. He has a lot of knowledge and sometimes he can even do a good job. But sometimes isn't enough. You wouldn't employ someone to mow your grass if he only did it "sometimes" - what if he came to mow your grass one time but set fire to your house? Well, that's Dr Gatell. He treated my wife and made a lot of wonderful promises. Oh yes, he suggested she should have more sex. He knew full well she was an alcoholic, but he prescribed her so many narcotics and other meds that she got confused all the time. So I started meting out the drugs per Rx. That made her go nuts and run away - during the time she was away he said on the phone "you can do better than her - I have a patient I can hook you up with", "why would you want someone so dumb?" and "you need to go to a judge and have her committed"! He threatened her that I would have have her committed unless she saw him and gave same Rx. She ended up in a coma with renal failure. Yet he is still allowed to practice!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1557645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2010

Doctor Gatell is a creep. He sexually assaults women during there initial exam and refers to it as " looking for tender spots" my wife was wearing a skirt and he put his hand up under her skirt and felt her buttox. Even if it was a lagotimate spot to test it was done very inappropriatly! I am sure this has happened to other women. He over perscribes his patients by as much as 3-4 times what they should be taking for the most sever pain. I. E. Brain or bowel cancer but he classifies everyone under the umbrella of fibromyalgia. Healed patients wait as long as 7 hours to see him and then answers other patient calls and chats with them like they are having a cup of coffee while u are sitting in front of him. My wife once had a fever and he kissed her forehead as "his" thermometer to see how feverish she was. No one he lost his medical license in New York!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2009

DR.GATELL HAS ALLWAYS BEEN VERY POLITE HE'S ALLWAYS BEEN VERY PROFESSIONAL.BEFORE I SAW DR.GATELL MY LIFE WAS A MESS EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE WAS HELL JUST TRYING TO FUNCTION THE PAIN I WAS IN WAS UNBEARABLE HE TOOK HIS TIME WITH ME AND FINALLY CAME UP WITH THE RIGHT MEDS THAT GAVE ME A NEW START IN LIFE.I CANT SPEAK FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH HIM OR MAYBE THEY HAD A PERSONAL GRUDGE WITH HIM.ALL I CAN SAY I WOULD RECCOMEND HIM TO ANYONE THAT TRULY NEEDS HELP WITH THEIR PAIN LEVEL AND START A NEW LIFE.ALSO HIS STAFF IS VERY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL...THANKS FOR CARING R R.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1557643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

dr.gatell should be shut down,he claims he is experienced in detox, that's bs, when i decided to stop taking pain meds for awhile,{ he was prescribing me 320 pills a month,}he did not detox me properly and i became very very ill when he gave me to much suboxone before the other opiate were out of my system. he expects his patients to kiss his ass, and if you don't you can leave as far as he is concerned. i've waitina up to 6hrs at times to be seen, very unproffessional, no doc should talk or involve his patients in his personal life, and yes he does come on to female patients, myself personally and knowledge of 2 others,he's out to make money and that's all, he just a legalized drug dealer. I would be suprised if he is still practicing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2009

Dr. Gatell is about to lose his medical license.He is under the care of a psychiatrist and is on meds.He is an alcoholic,and a ****.I am a young woman in my 30's.He kept telling me that I needed to have more sex and I would feel better.He also asked if I "swallowed" my husbands sperm and if I shaved my vagina.He said he liked shaved vaginas.I was literally in shock.I never went back to him.I have done my research and found out that he is treading on thin ice with the medical board.His assistant Maggie,(who is also a patient of his,which I think is unprofessional) never returns calls,lies,can't keep her story straight,begs for money and lets her whole family come in and handle patients records.She thinks that she owns the whole practice.Bottom line, Dr.G is all but gone and this joker replacement "doc in a box" could care less about anything but getting paid.He has handed out many strong narcotic meds and never once laid his eyes on the patient.I have a feeling this place is a sinking ship.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2009

This doctor is manic depressive, not hard to figure out! One day he's nice, the next screaming and calling you names and like the other person said accusing you of all kinds of things. Refuses to return phone calls about appointments until you BEG for help. He has serious psychological problems! Does have a history of being sexual with patients according to computer info. Has cameras all over office. Refuses to take insurance and doesn't care how much you are suffering UNLESS you have the MONEY! That's what its all about! Left me on some high dosages of medicine and didn't care how I got off or continued with them. I really needed his help, but he could care less. He is on probation but I make my own decisions and he does need to be on some meds to help his mania. I would find someone else if possible. Sometimes he shows and sometimes he doesn't! He definitely is unstable!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2009

I cannot get them to answer the phone either. I live 2 hrs away. Write back if you know something!!THANKS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557639].votes_count ]]