Dr. Richard Gurke

Rate Dr. Richard Gurke

Dr. Richard Gurke's Ratings

Dr. Richard Gurke is an excellent psychiatrist, he has helped me realize the importance of creating a balance in my life which has gone a long way in improving my overall mental health. Sleep, exercise, diet, & more importantly, he seems to stress the satisfaction of creating a good social network for myself. He listens carefully and even if I think I'm sounding like a total bore or whiner, he keeps an optimistic outlook and offers sound medical advice. He is intimidating to the newcomer, perhaps because he's so tall and is concentrating solely on the job at hand. The only scary thing I experience from my visits there is the value he places on being totally open and honest, but if you can't trust your psychiatrist, who can you trust. And I must say that, being a shy person, it's hard for me sometimes, but he is not judgemental, he just wants to make an accurate assessment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

He is great doctor - he has helped me become stable with the right medications - he is a great listener and seems interested in his patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

Dr.Gurke is a very caring, kind and helpful physican, he is a great listener and truly cares about the well being of his patients. I think as patients we are very blessed to be in his care. He goes out of his way and sees his patients at the hopsital. Dr. Gurke is also very knowledgeable and he will work with you until the proper medication/s have been beneficial in your treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Very helpful, kind and compassionate. He helped me come to terms with my co-dependency.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I was introduced to Dr. Gurke 24 years ago and he is a wonderful Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Finding the psychiatrist one can experience progress with is as difficult as the problems one may have that leads them to see this kind of doctor. Fortunately for me, I am able to easily share my concerns with Dr. Gurke as he is an excellent listener and he helps me discover my own answers which makes it easier to try to work out the problems that I have need to resolve. Talk therapy and medication as well as the group programs available through the Pinewood Associates with the psychologists, social workers and psychiatric nurses all help one achieve a healthy mind and the knowledge that one has to be actively involved in achieving wellness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Gurke is very accomodating. He is always willing to listen to your research and what you think the problem may be. He is also very practical with his approach suggesting more than medication....such as vacations, exercise and time off. He looks intimidating but just let yourself be honest and open up. He genuinely seems like he cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Dr Gurke is an exceptional doctor! He is very easy to talk to and trust, and willing to do almost anything to help you, if you are under his care. He is fantastic, and I HIGHLY recomend him!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2007

Dr Gurke is very knowledgeable, and always is available for consultation. I can call his office and leave a message for him and he will call me back. If necessary he has arranged to meet me at the hospital. He has been very supportive and keeps a good track on how I am doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1557730].votes_count ]]