Rate Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

Dr. Ivanna Tataryn's Ratings

She has zero communication skill. Poor memory or charting. Not professional at all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Excellent communication skills and her knowledge regarding women problem is exceptional great treasure for women ....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Tataryn for a few years now and i always know what im getting with her. I feel like she doesnt run any later then any other doctor. She has discussed multiple plans with my partner and i as to how to go about our pregnancy. She goes over each plan, and answers questions. I had a very very painful hsg test recently at which none of it was her doing; i was crying and afterwards she came to ask if i was alright. She stayed until i got myself together and was great. If you go into her appointment going by everyone else's experiences then you are tainting your own experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Labiaplasty
Dr. Tataryn may seem scary and cold, but she gave me labiaplasty and its insane how awesome it turned out! Does her demeanor really reflect her job? Not really. Im very thankful she performed the surgery on me- not a single complication, healed good, and it looks great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr Tataryn might be knowledgeable, but her bed side manner is awful. She does not address patient's concern or has little patience with questions, although she seems to be helpful and friendly only to people who work in the same health care field. Poor / inconsistent treatment planning and always very defensive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

This review is quite late but I feel I must leave a comment after the excellent treatment I received at the RAH from Dr. Tataryn. I was a second year nursing student when I was diagnosed incorrectly by several doctors regarding a large pelvic mass that continued growing over a period of six months. I was sent for multiple test over this time where nobody could decide not only what the mass was but which structure it was attached to or which side of my body it was on. I was in emerg 3 times for severe attacks of pain that would onset randomly and require large doses of narcotics that wouldn't even touch the pain. Dr. Tataryn (who people normally wait months-1 year to see) fit me in as a new patient and dedicated herself to figuring out what the mass was and removing it. That's not all! At first she told me I would have to come back in a couple of weeks to a month before she could fit me in for surgery but when I told her I was a nursing student who would be returning to school in 9 days and couldn't afford to miss labs and clinical, she told me "nurses are very important" and kept me in the hospital so she could fit me in as an emergency case 3 days later. Yes, Dr. Tataryn is abrupt and busy but there is a reason people are willing to wait for her. Dr. Tataryn is very thorough and knowledgeable. Her colleagues speak extremely highly of her. The nurses on the surgical unit all told me they would choose her as their doctor and wait a year to see her if they needed gyne surgery. My incisions healed well with no infection and recovery was minimal to the point that I was back at school the next week. I would recommend this doctor to anyone, just be patient with her abrupt personality, she means well :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I went to her for fertility inquiries and she was very rude and disrespectful
to me. She pretty much said I am too fat to have a baby. If she would of taken three seconds to read my file and ask me questions, then she would know that my weight gain is due to my medication and I can't go off that medication. She made it seem like it was a very simple thing to loose weight, and I imagine for her it was an easy thing to do since she is maybe a size 3. She really would not even help me in any ways. I will be asking to see a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. Tataryn is my doctor at the Edmonton Fertility Clinic and she is a great doctor. She knows her stuff and is very dedicated to those who are dedicated to achieving a pregnancy. She is not going to sugar coat anything but if you can't hear the truth when you are doing infertility treatments, maybe its something you don't want to continue. I would much rather have the truth then have false hope about something that is already very stressful and an emotional rollercoaster. I would recommend her to anyone and I am very happy she is my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Tataryn handled my surgery professionally and kindly while making sure I was completely aware of what exactly was going to be done. I see her on a regular basis and am never displeased with her staff nor her bedside manner. Some people have complained about wait times, but I feel that is to be expected when dealing with deliveries, and I would much rather have my physician take their time with patients if necessary than to rush appointments simply because the time allotted is up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451894].votes_count ]]