Rate Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

Dr. Ivanna Tataryn's Ratings

This review is quite late but I feel I must leave a comment after the excellent treatment I received at the RAH from Dr. Tataryn. I was a second year nursing student when I was diagnosed incorrectly by several doctors regarding a large pelvic mass that continued growing over a period of six months. I was sent for multiple test over this time where nobody could decide not only what the mass was but which structure it was attached to or which side of my body it was on. I was in emerg 3 times for severe attacks of pain that would onset randomly and require large doses of narcotics that wouldn't even touch the pain. Dr. Tataryn (who people normally wait months-1 year to see) fit me in as a new patient and dedicated herself to figuring out what the mass was and removing it. That's not all! At first she told me I would have to come back in a couple of weeks to a month before she could fit me in for surgery but when I told her I was a nursing student who would be returning to school in 9 days and couldn't afford to miss labs and clinical, she told me "nurses are very important" and kept me in the hospital so she could fit me in as an emergency case 3 days later. Yes, Dr. Tataryn is abrupt and busy but there is a reason people are willing to wait for her. Dr. Tataryn is very thorough and knowledgeable. Her colleagues speak extremely highly of her. The nurses on the surgical unit all told me they would choose her as their doctor and wait a year to see her if they needed gyne surgery. My incisions healed well with no infection and recovery was minimal to the point that I was back at school the next week. I would recommend this doctor to anyone, just be patient with her abrupt personality, she means well :)

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

I went to her for fertility inquiries and she was very rude and disrespectful
to me. She pretty much said I am too fat to have a baby. If she would of taken three seconds to read my file and ask me questions, then she would know that my weight gain is due to my medication and I can't go off that medication. She made it seem like it was a very simple thing to loose weight, and I imagine for her it was an easy thing to do since she is maybe a size 3. She really would not even help me in any ways. I will be asking to see a different doctor.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Tataryn is my doctor at the Edmonton Fertility Clinic and she is a great doctor. She knows her stuff and is very dedicated to those who are dedicated to achieving a pregnancy. She is not going to sugar coat anything but if you can't hear the truth when you are doing infertility treatments, maybe its something you don't want to continue. I would much rather have the truth then have false hope about something that is already very stressful and an emotional rollercoaster. I would recommend her to anyone and I am very happy she is my doctor.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Tataryn handled my surgery professionally and kindly while making sure I was completely aware of what exactly was going to be done. I see her on a regular basis and am never displeased with her staff nor her bedside manner. Some people have complained about wait times, but I feel that is to be expected when dealing with deliveries, and I would much rather have my physician take their time with patients if necessary than to rush appointments simply because the time allotted is up.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Tataryn is always late, you are held hostage in waiting rooms knowing that if you decide to leave you will not get an appointment for months. The nursing staff does not notify you that she is late, you have to hunt them down to get this information. If I am waiting in a room with my pants off for an hour please come talk to me so that I can make a phone call/pee/top up the parking meter for another 3 hours. I have yet to get an appointment on time from the RF clinic. Dr. Tataryn does not like to be asked questions and gives you very little of her time. Staff does not actually answer the phone, and are often quite rude. Follow up appointments are booked 3 months down the road. I appreciate that she has a business like manner but she obviously is trying to do to much and the patients are not getting the care they deserve.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2014 | flag

This review is long over due. I was a patient of Dr. Tataryn's 4 and a half years ago, and because of her my son and I both lived to tell the story. I was airlifted to the RA with a very rare condition in my pregnancy. I was high risk, on strict bed rest and was terrified to deliver. Dr. T's tell-it-like-it-is personality gave me and my husband a clear picture of what was to come. There was no candy coating it, and in the end no suprises. When after I delivered, I contracted a virus that almost killed me, her fast action saved my life. You may not think she is rainbows and sunshine, but the lady is amazing at what she does.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Tataryn is terrible! I will not be seeing her for any future pregnancies. She is never on time no matter what time of day you book your apt (I have waited up to 3 hours for an apt!) when you do get in to see her she jams three patients at a time in her rooms and hits them all up one by one as fast as she can. she doesnt offer any information to you you have to ask everything yourself. she makes you feel rushed. when you do ask questions she doesn't provide informative answers & acts as if u r wasting her time. She hasn't told me anything I havn't read on the internet... I have heard HORROR stories from close friends of her deliveries at the RAH. I wouldn't let her deliver my baby if she was the last dr on the planet! I'm at 39 weeks and she hasn't even bothered to ask if I am even going to the RAH (which I am not) she just assumed I am. my next (and hopefully last) visit I plan on bringing a long list of questions with me to ask and if she has a problem answering them, too bad!!!!!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2012 | flag

Dr.Tataryn is an awful doctor. We normally see dr.wang. They share an office. Dr.Tataryn is mean. She says things like your too loud you scare your child. When I told her I read to my baby that is in utero she replied sure I bet you do. Just very insulting. I suppose she thinks its funny. When measuring the babies heart beat she put the machine on got the sound and turned it off and said nothing. We had to pry for information. Our regular doctor tells us the beat how the baby is doing. All the details. Dr.Tataryn was talking to us like we are children. Telling me to sit like a dog. Our regular OBGYN asks me to participate and listen to the heart beat... Long and short next time our doctor is out we're just going to reschedule. There is no point dealing with a doctor who has no bedside manners and who cannot even tell you if your baby is doing well.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2011 | flag

I sent in an exceptional review for this Dr. - but system doesn't take it for some reason. Excellent DR - very focused on her specializations - one of which is not counselling. But you will never find another who has dedicated her life to women's reproductive health & reproduction issues like this woman has. She can indeed be a '****y demanding' person - and shoots straight from the hip - tells it as it is - no bones about it - sometimes people don't want to hear that and get upset that she is so straightforward with the information and demanding if she is taking the responsiblity for your care -- but you will never find anyone better. If you have to wait - for an appt -- it is not because she's out for coffee - she is out looking after someone whose situation is more urgent than your own. Just be patient and wait - know that she will be there when you need her - and someone else is waiting. Thank-you DR T for delivering my two high-risk pregnancies & subsequently 2 G/daughters

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag