Rate Dr. Eric Estey

Dr. Eric Estey's Ratings

Dr Estey is one of the best Urologist I have ever met. He was always helpful to make me made my decision about choosing the best way to deal with an early prostatic cancer. I chose Robotic Prostatectomy and Dr Esty had done it with the highest quality. I was discharged only after 3 days in hospital . Gradually, within a year I have total control on urination and good erection ( of course not like normal). Dr Estey's smile always gives you a hope and the same for his his assistant Juli and his team. The staffs in Royal Alex Univ. Hospital were very nice and professional. I would recommend the great Dr Esty and his team to any one.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

My husband and I met Dr. Estey late last year when him and I finally decided to try for a family of our own. A little background there, my husband got a vasectomy done almost 8 years ago now because his ex trapped him and got pregnant twice (while on birth control) so as soon as the second one was born, he got it done. SO we knoew right away that we had to find a very reliable surgeon. I came across Dr. Estey after research and read about his extensive knowledge on it. His staff I find are very helpful as well. That is always an added bonus. We finally have a surgery date set this December- please wish us luck!!!

Submitted Oct. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Estey gave me a vasectomy reversal 11 years after the original vasectomy was performed. My wife got pregnant 6 months after the surgery and had a miscarriage. She got pregnant again 6 months after that and we had a baby girl who turned out perfect. I was very happy with the ease and professionalism of the surgery. The building was a bit worn down but the quality of the staff and the actual surgery were great. I had no issues after the surgery but I felt comfortable knowing that they would help me if I needed it.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Estey and his surgical team is and was amazing when my father went through his treatment for Prostate Cancer. Dr. Estey was very personable and easy to talk especially about such a sensitive and private cancer. His diagnosis was spot on and his recommendation for treatment was excellent. He performed a radical prostectomy and lyph disection on my fathers stage 2 cancer. He was able to spare a nerve, and the recovery for my father has been beautiful. When my father's pathology came back from the labs after the surgery, Dr. Estey called my father personally to give him the wonderful news that he had successfuly removed ALL the cancer and he was now cancer free with no need for additional treatment. Dr. Estey is why people should believe in the medicine! Thank you Dr. Estey, you saved my family and my father's life.

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. Estey is a terrible doctor. He put a catheter in my father in law that has leaked and caused him pain since the day he got it. He smells like urine all of the time and his pleas to Dr. Estey to help have been consistently dismissed. The catheter has come out three times in the last few weeks (twice this week alone)which has meant three ambulance trips to emergency. My father in law is 90 years old. If you are considering seeing Dr. Estey I would suggest that you run and find someone else. Terrible doctor. Terrible service. Terrible treatment of an old man.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

Very good Doctor; very good man. He's at the hospital at the crack of dawn and he's working at 830 PM at night. Very straight forward; he knows his work inside out. He stayed in touch with me throughout my operation and even when I went home. I was very impressed with him; and yes, he saves lives. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2011 | flag

Surgery was not the issue. During rounds after surgery he totally ignored my existence and gave me no information on a one on one basis that prepared me for what would happen over the next 8 weeks until the follow up visit. He never came within 2 feet of my bed and did not seem interested in how I was doing. At the follow up visit as I asked all the questions that had been a concern he responded by saying that is normal and I tell patients that this will happen. He seemed to totally disregard the fact he not spoken to me about anything post surgery and wondered why I was not happy. He spent all his time in my room on rounds speaking to another patient very quietly and then saying through a closed current to me the same applies to you and then leaving the room. Seemed uncomfortable making eye contact and only provided information on follow up if I asked a question but did not volunteer any information that might be beneficial.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2011 | flag

Made a mistake, travelled trom B. C. for a radical prostectomy and ended up incontinent and all the other complications you can get

Submitted May 30, 2011 | flag

He was referred by my family physician and totally lived up to his great reputation. Dr Estey recently performed a "Turp" for me and so far, I am so very pleased with all he did. His professionalism, knowledge and personality plus is so appreciated in looking after my problem. DO NOT HESITATE IS USING THIS MAN TO IMPROVE YOU HEALTH SITUATION, HE WON'T LET YOU DOWN.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2011 | flag

This doctor is one reason we can be pleased with the Canadian health care system. He was professional in all aspects including his staff. I am a 71 yr old patient who was most likely borderline from the perspective of eligibility of prostrate consideration. In addition to that I am from the east coast..not an inconsiderable distance to travel. He was considerate of all of the factors that involved my condition including what he ultimately determined the urgency of my condition. His staff/assistants were great. The bottom line was he was exact in his prognosis. My recovery has been as he predicted it would be. He is an expert in what he does. The hospital staff respect him totally. He is no nonsense when he advises what the healing process will be and he is very thorough in explaining it. He is an excellent communicator and an even more respected surgeon. No doubt he is one of Canada's best.

Submitted June 3, 2010 | flag