Rate Dr. Elena Somska

Dr. Elena Somska's Ratings

Mrs.Dr.Somska is very nice and kind, but receptionist is always moody and not kind and professional ...hard to rich , no answer and nowhere to leave a message, office always closed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

I've been going there for 8 years. I'm transferring out now. Never once they were on time. Appointments don't mean anything. Always ended up waiting for 45 min. sometimes an hour. I always felt that I'm being rushed from there. Never once I was able to tell her everything that I needed to. In august she politely kicked me out. She said she is too busy and there is too many people waiting. She told me to make another appointment. Her husband is rude, everytime I needed to schedule an appointment over the phone he sounded very annoyed. He walked in twice on me while the doctor was examining me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

I started going to Dr. Somska when I turned 16yrs (like 22yrs ago!). I think she's an amazing Dr and treated me like her own daughter though I'm of Caribbean decent. She was patient, caring and well educated. Never misdiagnosed me, never made me feel silly for my questions/concerns. I'm shocked that everyone seems to have had the same experience with her husband/receptionist though. I always simply thought it was just me! He is condescending, rude and harsh which is not acceptable in an industry that must be compassionate and accommodating. I'm going to share this link with him in hopes that he shapes up. It would be devastating to lose such an amazing physician for something that can easily be corrected!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

I had been a patient of Dr. Somska for 15 years and find her knowledgeable, kind and helpful. The problems are: excessively long waiting times (sometimes an hour!) and the receptionist. Also, in order to find out results of any outside tests, you must make an appointment to review them, which means more waiting and dealings with rude, obstinate and simply unprofessional receptionist, who happens to be the doctor's husband.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2013

ive been seeing dr somska for over 10 years and although she is a very nice person, i find her absence is exessive, as long as you dont have a serious problem - you are ok. Her husband is a hit or miss, you are lucky to catch him in a good mood. Unfortunately my experiences are declining. :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Ditto on pretty much all the other comments on this page. I have always found Dr. Somska very friendly, knowledgeable. I have never felt rushed by her. On the other hand....I too found her husband (receptionist) to be very rude, condescending and abrupt which is the exact reason why I stopped going to see Dr. Somska. Which is unfortunate because I found her to be so pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Was wondering if the doctor knows how her secretary, her husband is very much dislike by a lot of patients due to his rudeness to patients. Does Peter realize that he charges every service through OHIP and as patients, we are entitled to service as tax payer. They are not on time with the appointments, I know my appointment time, and the door is still closed with the lights on. If we, patients, knock at the he will rudely treat us. He is a problem to us. I wish the doctor will have another secretary, not her husband,and maybe a lot of patients who changed doctors will come back to her. Dr. Somska should know, that some of her patients moved to another doctor with better secretary, not like RUDE Peter.Be Professional and get educated pls. You are serving medical field, be nice to patients and people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

old school way, constantly rushed, her husband is her receptionist and is a miserable dud. He once hung up on me when I needed to get the doctor on the phone and screamed at me that the doctor is too busy for my requests eventhough I was leaving on a trip the next day! Piece of work these people time to contact the medical board and find a new doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2010

Dr. Somska is a very nice person who has no problem to order any test but you have to ask for it. I think she's and average doctor but with a good attitude. However her husband/assistant is a jerk par excellance and is heavily damaging her practice. Their only luck is that there is a serious shortage of family doctors in Canada/Ontario otherwise they would be bankrupt in no time. I go to her despite him as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

1/When asking her what I need to do before getting pregnant (tried to get her advice), she told me I should not worry about what to do before getting pregnant as babies "don't stick" most of the times. I should only come see her if it "sticks" after the first trimester. 2/ Didn't have an x-ray of the injury on the file (that she requested ) a year after the injury. Never called up to say what the findings were...it still hurts now - a year later. 3/ Even though I scheduled a full physical, I still waited an hour an a half to get in to see her. As she rushed me off her office 15 min later, she said: I am not your slave, look how many people are waiting here, you can't take this much of my time. She was saying it loud enough so that the whole waiting room could hear her... Unacceptable!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560902].votes_count ]]