Rate Dr. Michael Raabe

Dr. Michael Raabe's Ratings

He performed a triple bypass on me. The other reviewers are right. He is a caring , knowledgeable and personable doctor. He made an unpleasant experience as pleasant as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

My sister had a double bypass operation done by this wonderful surgeon. His manner was caring, and his skill and knowledge exceptional. His patients feel like he sees them as human beings deserving of respect . His staff was equally caring and compassionate. Her recovery has been wonderful. This man is a true healer; a prince of Kos.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Skilled and respectful surgeon working with a great cardiac team at St Boniface,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Had Dr. Rabbe for a triple by pass and valve replacement. Very knowledgeable Dr. and great surgeon. Very approachable and caring Dr. One of the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

My father had a ruptured aortic dissection 1 week ago and had less than a 10% chance of survival. Dr. Raabe was swift, extremely knowledgable and really comforted my father before emergency surgery. He is confident, meticulous and has a wonderful calming effect on our entire family after such a rollercoaster experience. We couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and he saved our family from a great loss.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Mike Raabe is an amazing cardiovascular surgeon. My husband was extremely fortunate to have this surgeon perform quad. bypass surgery and save his life. Caring,compassionate, and meticulous best describe Mike's approach to his patients. The pre-op care and post op follow up were excellent. He took the time to answer all of our questions and explained all procedures in detail. After speaking with nurses and other staff on the ward, it became very clear that Dr. Raabe is the best cardiac surgeon at the St.Boniface Hospital and we sure lucked out when he agreed to take my husband's case. We will forever be eternally grateful for this very well respected surgeon and we would highly recommend him to anyone needing heart surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Aortic dissection, usually a death sentence. But wait, its Doctor Raab showing up at 1am for 14 hours of life saving surgery. Everything you read here is true. The guy is super-human.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

There are not enough superlatives to describe the incredible skillset of Dr. Raabe as a specialized physician. Dr. Raabe was "assigned" to me after my heart attack and subsequent angioplasty which identified an immediate required triple bypass surgery (CABG). While frightened with the whole experience I was incredibly calmed by the good doctor's apprarent knowledge, great "bedside manner", articulation of all the answers to my myriad of questions, and the apparently rightly so confidence in his skill as a surgeon. Serious operations and interventions of this sort for open heart surgery requires serious medical skills. I cannot be more pleased with Dr. Raabe and truly believe that he is the main reason for my survival. As stated, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Raabe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2010

I had heart surgery performed by Dr. Raabe and I cannot say enough about this man. He was courteous , compassioate, and always answered all my questions. He came in on Sat. morning of a long weekend to do mysurgery also. He is a genius and I cannot sssay enough good about this man. I think everyone should have a Dr. like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

My dad suffered a minor stoke while in Mexico and had to be flown to Canada. A couple of months later, Dr. Raabe conducted heart surgery. He was an absolutely outstanding doctor - caring, compassionate and very understanding. He was very attentive to my dad, terrific bedside manner. Dr Raabe provided the absolute best care. He was always willing to take the time to listen not only to his patient, but to the family members as well. He not only provided excellent medical care but really does care about his patients. Just can't say enough....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561180].votes_count ]]