Rate Dr. Yvonne Dorothea Verbeeten

Dr. Yvonne Dorothea Verbeeten's Ratings

Staff: Rude, incompetent, rough, sarcastic.
Punctuality: in general all ontario doctors are not punctual. it's part of the system
Helpfulness: Sometimes. If she's having a good day. Otherwise, she is very apathetic.
Knowledge: Somewhat. If she likes you and is having a good day she will dig for it, and find out.
If you are going in for the common cold, ok she's good (but then again so was my grandmother!). If you are going in because you feel that you have a serious problem in your chest, she will dismiss you as you being a neurotic patient. And all this while she's standing up and looking at you with "what are you doing here" or "WTF" look on her face.
I understand now that she is not taking any new patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I have absolutely no complaints about Dr. Verbeeten herself. I think she is caring, knowledgeable, and gives great referrals. She is extremely thorough in her treatment of patients and seems genuinely interested in helping you with any health problem you may have. HOWEVER, her staff leave a lot to be desired. I had the unpleasant experience of being contacted following the completion of some important lab tests to say that the results warranted an in-person review, because they were irregular. No further information was given over the phone, and when I asked for an immediate appointment to review I was told they would simply "call me back" with a date. This was obviously very stressful. TURNS OUT, they had my file confused with someone else, which was only discovered when I had to call THEM because I was tired of waiting for an appointment time. They rarely answer the phone, and take far too long to return a call when you leave messages. I think they have far too many patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

Dr. Verbeeten is a fantastic family doctor and looks after my sons as well as myself. If fact, she took it upon herself to visit me in the hospital when they were born and make sure I was ok after the C-section. She is helpful, kind and considerate and has an vast knowledge of medicine. As someone in the health field, it is important to note that patients can be difficult and not always forthcoming or succinct regarding their problems. As House says, everyone lies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

To be honest, she has too many clients. The wait room is over crowded and I feel the relationship between the doctor and the patient has been reduced. You have to wait (even when you arrive early for your appointment) and then your in and then out again within 5 minutes. It's unbelievably hard to get your results and I feel unsatisfied with the service.I wish she would spend more time with the patients ( I understand her day is busy and has to see a lot of clients) but this is medical and it should not be rushed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1561889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

Dr Verbeeten is the first doctor I have had in a long time that takes her time to look deeper at what symptoms or problems I have, she and her team are very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2010

Dr. Verbeeten is a first rate doctor - caring, and extremely knowledgeable. She has taken care of my family (mother, sister and myself) for 30 years and we have all received the utmost attention and are tremendously grateful to have her as our doctor. The negative comments in some of the other reviews are small minded and highly questionable. Quite frankly I don't believe them. First of all, you don't rate a doctor's competence on how long you wait to be seen. No one can predict what problems the previous patients might have and how long it might take to treat them properly. This just proves that the doctor cares enough to spend whatever time is necessary for her patients, and some need more than others. Also, the personality of the front desk staff should not reflect on the doctor's ability to treat. Granted, a couple of the former front desk staff members were less than agreeable, and I am glad they are no longer there. But Dr. Verbeeten is the best, and that's what really counts!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2010

Modern Urban Medicine Misses the Point I’ve been a patient of Dr V for over 25 years and can report that the medical advice has been for the most part rational and precise if somewhat hurried and impersonal. However, with the recent amalgamation of Balmoral Health Group and Rosedale Family Health Organization I must admit I’m more than disappointed with the new office front end. Have you tried to make an appointment lately? After two weeks I still lack an acknowledgment from the booking staff. Since no other option is allowed on their IVR system you have two choices: Make another or go to their walk-in clinic. If this is quality patient care then something is sorely missing. The personal touch it seems has been sacrificed for cost control and volume efficacy akin to a hospital outpatient clinic. In my business dissatisfied customers vote with their feet. Perhaps its time to move on.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1561886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I have been treated by Dr. Verbeeten when my regular GP in the same office is not available. I find her to be very knowledgable and find her to be a caring individual and intend on schedule future appointments with her. The big problem I have is with the front office, not being able to get through on the phone (line is busy most of the time and phones are not answered from 12 pm- 2 pm or after 4:30 pm) and not being able to leave a message via voicemail because there is none. Adding to this is the rude office staff that will leave you on hold for unlimited amounts of time (me 30 minutes) while they say they are trying to address your concerns when in fact they are just waiting until you can no longer hold and hang-up. This front office problems make me wonder if this office should be classified as veternary medicine as they treat human beings like cattle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Verbeeten's for over 10 years. She is not very knowledgeable and is not caring. She does not have a bedside manner. She keeps you waiting and tries to push unnecessary surgeries on her patients. She is more interested in making money via her botox injections. There have been a number of instances where I have presented with a problems and she did not know what to do. I had to tell her may be we should get this test done or have to say maybe we should look into this. Also, she has cut me off when I was talking to her about about my depression (i was going through a very bad time and i was about to ask her to see a therapist). Another time, during a physical, she commented on the size of my breasts and went on to say that I must have back pain as they are so heavy and that if i wished she could arrange for breast reduction surgery for me. I was too stunned to say anything. I am not happy with her at all. Looking for a new family physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1561884].votes_count ]]