Dr. Lorne Kastrukoff

Dr. Lorne Kastrukoff

Rate Dr. Lorne Kastrukoff

Dr. Lorne Kastrukoff's Ratings

Dr. Kastrukoff had to do a lot of extra work that my previous neurologist of 15 months didn't bother to do and helped me by diagnosing the cause of my trigeminal neuralgia from lesions in my brainstem. He helped me to get a surgical procedure (rhizotomy) to take me out of pain so that I could eat and talk again. He made the diagnosis of MS and we are now taking steps to assess further with complete MRI of brain and spine to explore treatment and management. He takes his time and I have never felt rushed out of his office. The last time I was there, I was the one to close the meeting after he had answered all my questions. I am in good hands now and so grateful for his kindness and professionalism.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag

Great caring, knowledgeable doctor. Extremely busy, but takes time to listen. Very patient even when tired, patient overloaded and late in the day. I feel like I may have a chance to live as I was going down and my symptoms were not taken seriously. (a Rarer, more aggressive disease). Got me in for treatment right away. Like a lifeline.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kastrukoff has been my neurologist since I was first diagnosed with MS around 20 years ago. He is soft-spoken with a very comforting and kind manner. He is also direct and will provide you with all the information you need and more. There have been many times I have come with questions about new treatments I've heard about, and he always listens respectfully and then gives his approach and thinking. He does a lot of research and attends many conferences, so he is up-to-date on all recent and ongoing research, trials, medications, etc. I cannot imagine having a better neurologist than him. He is the example of what doctors/specialists should be.

Submitted March 22, 2012 | flag

This Doctor was the first one after four years suffering from unusual neurological symptoms, who has listened to me. He was extremelly nice, helpful, calm, and smart about every questions, and every answer he gave me. Finally I feel that I have arrived to the place I was looking for, I have found a knowledgable person, who will take care of me. I am absolutelly looking forward to my next appointment with him, and I know, that even if I have something uncureable(what he has finally diagnosed)I will be in good hands. Thank you Doctor!

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

This man is of the highest calibre in every regard. He is an excellent listener, an exceptional diagnostician, a truly gifted physician who cares for his patients. Always professional, always easy to talk to with one's concerns and problems. He goes to great lengths to explain the patient's problem and the various ways to treat the problem. His compassion for each of his patients is genuine. He is a credit and a shining star to the Canadian Medical Association. I can not say enough good things about this doctor. We need more like him!

Submitted June 4, 2009 | flag

Exceptional listener and teacher, very patient, brilliant diagnostician. Able to explain medical issues in various degrees of complexity to meet the patient's needs and interest. Encourages his patients to be actively involved in their medical care and decisions. We need more neurologists like him!

Submitted Dec. 9, 2008 | flag

Excellent Doctor, very willing to give the information you request. I highly recommend him.

Submitted May 28, 2007 | flag

Brilliant is the only word I can use to properly describe this man, just brilliant!

Submitted May 9, 2007 | flag

You will wait a long time to see him, but it is very much worth it. He will not rush you and wll explain everything very clearly. He is flat in his delivery but behind that is a very compassionate man.

Submitted May 6, 2007 | flag

Dr. Kastrukoff is a specialist in muliple sclerosis. He is one of the top doctors in the world for this disease. If there is anything to know about M.S. , then he knows it. He spends as much time with you as you need and is never rushed. My last appointment with him was a relaxed one hour. He is a bit late, because he doesn't rush with people, but it is worth the wait.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2007 | flag