You may also like

Rate Dr. Chris Mahoney

Dr. Chris Mahoney's Ratings

This doctor really pisses me off. I have waited 3hrs for my first appointment and now 2 hrs and still waiting for my second. I have things to do and when I made the appointments originally they told me he'd be 45min the most. 3hrs is ridiculous time to wait for a doctor. That's my entire day. Sitting waiting with no food.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I saw Dr. Mahony at Jim Pattison when i was pregnant with my first baby and I have to say he is by far the BEST endocrinologist I have ever had. He takes him time to make sure you know exactly what you're doing in regards to taking care of your diabetes. One thing I liked most about him was that if I came in with crazy BG readings he didn't make me feel like a scolded child instead he instilled confidence in me that I could do this and manage my diabetes properly. He also got me setup with an Omnipod pump within a matter of weeks and it has changed my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2506926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Although he does go through a "script" with each patient, he has taken his experience with other patients and treats you as the regular diabetic who hasn't learned proper management techniques. Dr. Mahoney took me as a patient after I suffered a zero blood sugar for a period exceeding 5 minutes and taught me how to test and manage myself. I am in the best health of my 37 years of diabetes thanks to the doctor and am living a very good life now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2013

I have seen Dr. Mahoney several times and he is supposed to be one of the best. If he is talking and you want to bring up a question he will say wait till i am finished as it is almost like he is reading from a script which i find rude. My Dr. has tried to make an appointment several times and he gets the Receptionist recording saying she will return his call on several occasions and has not. I asked my Dr. to find another endocrinologist as i find that he if can't get an answer who can?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2012

Thank-you a million times over Dr. Mahoney! you and your staff are the only reason I was able to have a healthy baby boy, almost 13 years ago. Oh, how I yearned to have a baby, and you and your team helped me believe in myself & equipped me with new skills to successfully carry out a full term pregnancy. I haven't seen you since then, but God bless you for being helpful, and non judgemental every single week you saw me. You're truly my hero! I wish you luck, love and laughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2012

Dr Mahony is a great doctor if you listen to his advice. I only have to see him every 3 weeks because I follow his instructions exactly, and my gestational diabetes are kept well under control. The only people I have seen that seem to have a problem with him seem to be the ones who don't follow his advice. The wait times can run a bit long though

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Disappointed. No time to listen to patient and your opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

This doctor knows what he is doing and you will definitely benefit from listening and doing exactly what he says. He guided my daughter who has type one diabetes during her first successful pregnancy and is again tightening up her blood sugar control and helping her through her second. He is excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I have always found Dr Mahoney extremely helpful and patient. He takes the time to explain things clearly and concisely whilst at the same time being sensitive to the anxieties of his patient. I would not hesitate in recommending him as I have the utmost faith and trust in him as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562707].votes_count ]]