You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert Granger

Dr. Robert Granger's Ratings

I am so grateful to have had Dr. Granger as my surgeon. he is the best surgeon and I can't be more thankful ******* you should consider yourself very lucky if you get him as your doctor/surgeon *******

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Granger is a very busy man. You are very lucky if he is your surgeon, he is one of the best. People don't realize
Complications do happen with any surgery. You can't expect a quick fix. You have to do your part also, he looked after me when I was very sick in RCH.I am very greatful! He is very caring and knows his stuff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I waited for over 20 hours in the ER at the Royal Columbian with a perforated appendix. The ER staff could not find a bed for me. I had to wait for an available surgeon and/or vacant OR. Dr. Granger came to see me in the ER and told me that he would perform the appendectomy as soon as he could. There were other more critical surgeries ahead of mine. When it was finally my turn to get the surgery, I was almost unconscious from the pain and infection. Dr. Granger was incredible, caring and knowledgeable. I am so fortunate that he was the surgeon on call at the time. His staff found me a hospital bed in the surgical unit. Dr. Granger is a very busy man but after the surgery he came around every morning to my hospital bed to see how I was doing. He answered all of my questions. The first night after surgery, I had some complications due to a pre-existing medical condition. The nurses contacted him in the middle of the night. They told me that he responded right away. When I went for the post surgical follow up appointment a month later at his office, his staff were friendly and Dr. Granger saw me right away. I am so grateful that Dr. Granger was my surgeon. He saved my life. He and his staff took excellent care of me. Dr. Granger is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

My mom was admitted in July 2014 to Royal Columbian after many issues at home, what we were told as a blockage in her liver duct which in turn a stint was put in (that caused an infection all through her body and was on antibiotic drips and pills for 6 months) was actually a mass at the head of her pancreas. We were misinterpreted that they had caught it early and it was small. But after 5 weeks in the hospital And a drainage tube later still nothing had been done. She was in and out of RCH for the entire summer and surgery was never discussed with us although we were told it was an option. The entire time she spent there we only seen him once even after explicit talks work staff that we the family want to be present when discussions and decisions are made/happen instead of secretly "checking in" on her at 5-6am. In the end no surgery or further contact was made from Dr. Granger, to me he was a man without a face and didn't seem to care all that much. We spent the last 7 months of her life in and out of hospitals with very little options left. My mom died at home on Jan 22 of this year, 3 months before her 60th birthday. I do feel like more could've been done for her, even though ultimately she was going to pass.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Reading these reviews, I can't help but wonder if there are two different doctors being spoken of. The Dr Granger I know, shared an office space with Dr Turner, his wife manned the front desk not a "staff" of people, and it wasn't really very busy there either... he was always incredibly caring and took a personal interest in our case, always remembering personal details of our lives and asking about us and how things were going on annual follow ups. He saved my husband's life and I will always be grateful for the care he gave us both.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Granger was very professional during consultation and performed a very difficult procedure. His staff run a very busy office, but were efficient and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

Was sedated for the procedure. Remember waking up a bit and feeling uncomfortable and a bit in pain. After a couple of weeks went to my family doctor to get the results and was really suprised at what Dr. Granger wrote on the results. He wrote I could not stay still and it was difficult for him to do the procedure. That I kept tossing and turning and wanting to turn on my back. He wrote that I denied loosing weight. Hell, I have been trying to lose weight all my life hahaha. My family doctor looked at me like if I were a crybaby. Unfortunately I do not remember a thing and what the heck was I given to behave in such a way? lol. I am really confused.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Dr. Granger refused to meet to discuss alternative treatments once he had booked surgery. He did not return calls. In desperation my friend went through with the surgery to remove a cancer. Granger was supposed to schedule a follow-up appt at the cancer clinic but he refused and insisted it was my friend's job even though the cancer clinic insisted a referral needed to come from him. He was supposed to schedule regular dilatations, at least weekly but he did not. My friend was unable to swallow and lost 60 lbs. Having diabetes he needed to eat regularly. He went into a diabetic coma several times. My friend begged for help but Granger refused to look into the situation further. He said the diabetes wasn't his problem; he only cared about the esophagus. He did not respond to GP requests or requests from the endocrinologist. He completely ignored my friend's plight. My friend died in June. Granger should not work with live patients; he has forgotten his oath to do no harm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

Dr. Granger performed Breast Cancer surgery on me February 2011. His wife mans the office and she was very supportive and helpful. I took an instant liking to Dr. Granger plus my impression was there were no "silly" questions. He was patient, gave lots of good information and answered my questions thoughtfully and fully. After the first visit I had a supplementary question for which I sent an email and received a prompt phone call in response to my question. His surgical report was easy to understand and from the pathology report it was apparent he did a first class job on the surgery. At my follow-up appointment I got the feeling he was personally pleased with my results, and I was treated as a person and not just a statistic. I would highly recommend Dr. Granger for any woman who has received a breast cancer diagnosis. You get kind, considerate and personal treatment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1563462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

On first consult, Dr. Granger was informative and compassionate. He thoroughly explained the procedure. I found his staff to be friendly and efficient--not at all like some of the reviews online. I would definitely recommend Dr. Granger to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563461].votes_count ]]