Rate Dr. Neil Rogers

Dr. Neil Rogers's Ratings

Dr. Rogers is not appropriate with his young women patients. Do not be deceived by his neutral (robotic) tone and expression.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Rogers for 7 years now. Please don’t make the same mistake as we did. My husband was sick and Dr. Rogers pushed prescriptions to the point where my husband was not able to function. Dr. Rogers said that it was due to my husband being depressed because of our relationship and all along IT WAS THE MEDICATION!!! When another Dr. discovered that it was the medication Dr. Rogers still believed he should be on it!! It took my husband 2 years to recover and has permanent memory issues. Now that I am having a problem, Dr. Rogers wants me to take medication and when I asked to go to a specialist, Dr. Rogers REFUSED TO ALLOW ME TO GO!!! What difference does it make to him!!!! Do not go to him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

In 2011 I said "Dr. Rogers doesn't play around! I have been seeing him for 2 years now..." My rating for him has gone to the dumps! When the NRGH pain clinic couldn't help he just gave up on me. When the heart issues wouldn't get figured out the way he thought they 'should' he gave up. I had to check myself into The Royal Jubilee Cardiac Ward. When I came back he stopped the meds I was put on by the cardiologist and then got blasted by the cardio for it. He also misdiagnosed a near fatal highly infectious disease for FOUR months. It took 6 to recover. I am now in agony all the time and he just shrugs his shoulders and says it will get better. Check the records. I have had chronic pain for 10 years now. I am about to demand he refer me to the BC Women's Hospital Fibromyalgia clinic. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. HE GIVES UP TOO EASILY! Men, after all don't get Fibromyalgia! Anyone recommend a new GP? I'm looking!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!! He has no sympathy, more interested in "listening" to his female patients, and gives up on his patients when he doesn't know what is ailing a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Rogers for almost 10 years now, and when I became quite ill in 2006 he was excellent with trying to figure out what the problem was. He sent me to as many specialists as it took to finally get my diagnosis, and since then has been very helpful and tolerant with my health concerns. He even took the time to help me with my fight for CPP Disability, going above and beyond the call of any doctor I have ever known. I would recommend him to anyone, and even got my husband to switch to him. He is a kind and caring person, not just as a Dr. If you are looking for "qualitative" care, you will find it in Dr. Rogers. Whenever I go in he asks, at some point during the appointment, about my husband, and how he is. There aren't many doctors that I know of that would do that. I hope he never leaves Nanaimo, as I will never find another like him I'm sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

I think that Doc Rogers is absolutely amazing!! He is kind, caring, cautious, knowledgeable.. etc. I don`t see how there can be ANY negative reviews about him!(you people are crazy!) He is truly kind and caring and doesn`t just brush you off as another patient. When you tell him stuff, you don`t feel like you`re being judged or frowned upon. I feel very comfortable with him and I know that if there was anything wrong with me, he would get to the root of the problem. I`ve adored Doc Rogers ever since he first treated/cured me in emergency (after being misdiagnosed by other doctors)and now he`s my family doctor. I feel really lucky to have him!! Best doctor I've had for sure! And as someone else stated in another comment, he is most definitely "healing on the eyes"!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Dr. Rogers doesn't play around! I have been seeing him for 2 years now. First I started with a chronic pain problem. He has systematically found help for me. He is patient, kind, caring, and very slow to prescribe meds, which I like. He never fails to "check in" when I see him to make sure all is moving forward. Recently it was discovered that I was having Angina at a rather young age. My family history is not good. He again is moving the process quickly and with a lot of knowledge and compassion. I have to admit he is healing on the eyes too!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

Seems like a stand up doc. I'm sure for general problems, he's a sound choice. Don't get him to use liquid nitrogen on your skin. You may as well ask him to do it blindfolded. When my regular doctor wasn't in, the only choice was Dr. Rogers, each time, he has hit the mark ( a wart on my hand), while at the same time he damaged a large portion of live tissue and caused massive blistering as a result. Seriously, Doc, try practicing the Liquid Nitrogen bottle on a piece of fruit with a few targets on it. I can't believe this guy just doesn't get it. So much unnecessary live tissue was damaged. Anyway, hope this deters a few people from getting this treatment. Moreover, I wish someone would privy him to this piece of information. That is all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

The best family doctor that I have ever had, he is fair, understanding and compassionate, a tip of the hat to you Dr. Rogers, now no more mountain biking accidents...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2009

Excellent family doctor! Spends time listening and getting to the root of the problem. I always feel very thankful to have him as a doctor after an appointment. He's very thorough and caring and makes you feel like he has time for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1563734].votes_count ]]