Rate Dr. John Burke

Dr. John Burke's Ratings

Submitted Dec. 6, 2012 | flag

When Dr. Burke was at his 3rd St. office, he abruptly "retired" without letting us know although we had been his patients for almost 20 years. We only found out when we phoned his office to make an appointment and were told that he was gone. Sad that he didn't care enough to at least let his patients know via a form letter that he was leaving.

Submitted March 8, 2012 | flag

John Burke is past his prime. I went in for a simple medical exam (I brought the forms) and ended up having to explain what to do with the form and correct him when he read instructions wrong. He seemed more interested in collecting my money and getting me out the door than doing his job. Didn't know where any of his tools were and ended up forgetting to finish the forms I brought before heading off to the next patient. I had to get his secretary to check the appropriate boxes. Unbelievable. John Burke is at Bevan walk in clinic in Sidney BC and I would suggest you avoid seeing him if you want any kind of competent help. I won't be going back to him.

Submitted March 3, 2012 | flag

I went to the drop-in for a skin rash on my finger. Dr. Burke was so warm and unhurried, and he puts you at your ease immediately. He listens, too. He offered some useful information, and gave a prescription that I have no doubt will work. I wish there were more doctors like him.

Submitted July 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Burke is always approachable, interested and knowledgeable. Only concern is that his office hours are being cut back which makes it hard to get to see him, so we end up going to a walk-in clinic. Staff unfortunately are often curt, unco-operative, and many times are unwilling to try to fit you in (with the exception of small children, in which case they do everything they can to be sure you are seen the same day).

Submitted March 9, 2008 | flag

Caring, compassionate and knowledgable. In short, a very good family Doctor.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2007 | flag

Dr. Burke uses a very calming and laid back approach,using his skills and knowledge to arrive at his diagnosis. He is not an alarmist, which is very reassuring and saves you from one diagnostic test after another. He explains his findings and educates you on his diagnosis. His appointments are punctual which may mean he is at times rushed, though I believe if the situation called for more attention he would provide it and you would leave feeling satisfied and knowledgable.

Submitted March 2, 2007 | flag

Very busy but is concerned for his patients, I believe.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2007 | flag

Dr. Burke is very prompt with his appointments, very helpful and sympathetic to his patients, but occasionally unsure of his diagnosos. He runs a very efficient office.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2007 | flag