Rate Dr. Peter Chiu

Dr. Peter Chiu's Ratings

This dr is the meanest prick , see I was 16 when I had reactive arthritis , very severe I couldn't walk a step without severe pain , my back knees and heals hurt so much I lost hope on life at a very young age . He told me there's only one way we can help you and that's by getting enbrel approved from the government . When I was declined he told me we'll have to resume the treatment that is not working , he is sarcastic and couldn't care less if I came in with a wheel chair just because of arthritis . I emailed and called every possible person in alberta health and finally got to see a very nice lady doctor who got me approved and now I can walk and run and go to university . He is the guy who inspired me to go into science and study so that I can actually help people , it's either his way or no other he doesn't care about what you want

Submitted March 16, 2014 | flag

I love the receptionist at Dr. Chiu's office, she is the most friendliest lady ever!! Ever since Dr. Chiu is have a huge patient lists with Rheumatoid Arthuritis and no more time for me (fibromyalgia girl)...I've been lost! I have to say he is the best doctor in Alberta in the past 10 years, his heart is in with you wanting you to heal "Not just In & Out Doctor", He cares. I am very thankful that I was referred to him when I lived in Calgary and moved back to Edmonton. Thank you Dr. Peter Chiu for helping me heal in the past!! Good luck to all the other patients

Submitted Nov. 28, 2013 | flag

A very knowledgeable doctor who is open to suggestions from his patients, something important to me as I am a young healthcare practitioner. A pleasure to have him as my Rheumatologist. After seeing 4 other doctors not knowing what was wrong with me he took one look at me and accurately diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Managing my condition very well in his care. The only drawback is it is rarely possible to get an appointment sooner than 2 months as a regular patient and about 6-9 months as a new patient. His office is often running quite late as well, but he is well worth the wait.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

I think he is an amazing doctor. but to get an appointment to see him is impossible.. I have to negotiate with his staff for everything... they don't understand the severity of his patients needs... he takes a lot of vacations or days off...

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

Dr.Peter Chui is a good listener and I am not as deformed as I should be due to the aggresive treatment we started when I was was diagnosed with RA. I do reccomend him to other patients including my family members with the same condition. 5/5.

Submitted May 2, 2013 | flag

I just started seeing Dr. Chiu, so far I found him to be caring and compassionate. I am currently being tested and treated for Ankylosing Spondylitis. He listened to me and answered my questions. He was quick to get me in for a second appointment. He wasn't pushy or in a rush. He is doing everything he can to make sure we can slow down or stop the progression of this disease.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

Great Rheumatologist, I feel Dr. Chiu is very trustworthy and knowledgeable.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2012 | flag

Great doctor, asks questions, listens, suggests more than one treatment option. Sees you even if it has been a long time since last appt. Has helped me with Ankylosing Spondilites and Ulcerative Colitis - with less meds than other doc. I will be lost when he retires. I tip my hat to Dr Chiu!

Submitted Aug. 15, 2012 | flag

excellent doctor..knows his stuff.. very good at finding the right remedy for you

Submitted March 25, 2012 | flag

Although Dr. Chiu is knowledgeable in his field, I found him to be controlling. My experience with his Assistant was also not positive. She left me with the feeling that any questions I had were an imposition and on numerous occasions complained about how busy she was. I will be requesting a referral to a different rheumatologist.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2011 | flag