You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Chiu

Dr. Peter Chiu's Ratings

I live in Ontario and I have two daughters living in Alberta. I have followed my one daughter's health for the past 8 months and I have found me two best doctors and both of them are rheumatologist . I have researched my diagnosis and found that I have read often to try to help her along. I have a file on her that is very thick as I request a copy of every biopsy, information and I also keep a record of all you doctors who did not help her at all. I have three daughters and love the three of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2802054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I travelled over 600km's to see Dr Chiu. I was very impressed by the welcoming I received by his receptionist. Dr Chiu was even in early to see me. Hewas very thorough in reviewing my history and current symptoms. After my appointment I left feeling validated, supported and with more hope for my futuret than before I saw him. I greatly appreciate his knowledge and expertise in RA & Fibromyalgia.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

If you don't have something that interests him, he could care less about you. We drove 11 hours in total to see him. He didn't even examine me. He just looked at the test results from my GP and told me I don't have RA and sent me packing. Meanwhile I have horrible pain in many of my joints to the point where I can hardly function now. Just because blood work doesn't all show positive and there's not visible swelling doesn't mean I don't have RA. You'd think he'd know this by now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr Chiu ... I was told you were a specialist for SLE . I did see you for a bone scan . You could not diagnose me but ... Prognosis was good with therapy . How u can do that without helping me is unbelievable . Ive lived with this pain since May of 2013 . Nothing helps with the pain , cracking or swelling .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Seeing this doctor was a total waste of time. He sent me for a number of tests, but did not bother explaining what the tests were for or what he was trying to rule out. Provided my family doctor with a report in which he got my name wrong, included incorrect/made-up information regarding my family history and made conclusions based on tests that he did not actually perform. He was also rude and had no bedside manner to speak of. Unless you have a disease he is interested in, you will get no follow-up care or appointments. Asked my gp to refer me to another rheumatologist and was amazed at the difference.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2530074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

This dr is the meanest prick , see I was 16 when I had reactive arthritis , very severe I couldn't walk a step without severe pain , my back knees and heals hurt so much I lost hope on life at a very young age . He told me there's only one way we can help you and that's by getting enbrel approved from the government . When I was declined he told me we'll have to resume the treatment that is not working , he is sarcastic and couldn't care less if I came in with a wheel chair just because of arthritis . I emailed and called every possible person in alberta health and finally got to see a very nice lady doctor who got me approved and now I can walk and run and go to university . He is the guy who inspired me to go into science and study so that I can actually help people , it's either his way or no other he doesn't care about what you want

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1564751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I love the receptionist at Dr. Chiu's office, she is the most friendliest lady ever!! Ever since Dr. Chiu is have a huge patient lists with Rheumatoid Arthuritis and no more time for me (fibromyalgia girl)...I've been lost! I have to say he is the best doctor in Alberta in the past 10 years, his heart is in with you wanting you to heal "Not just In & Out Doctor", He cares. I am very thankful that I was referred to him when I lived in Calgary and moved back to Edmonton. Thank you Dr. Peter Chiu for helping me heal in the past!! Good luck to all the other patients

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1564750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2013

A very knowledgeable doctor who is open to suggestions from his patients, something important to me as I am a young healthcare practitioner. A pleasure to have him as my Rheumatologist. After seeing 4 other doctors not knowing what was wrong with me he took one look at me and accurately diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Managing my condition very well in his care. The only drawback is it is rarely possible to get an appointment sooner than 2 months as a regular patient and about 6-9 months as a new patient. His office is often running quite late as well, but he is well worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1564749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I think he is an amazing doctor. but to get an appointment to see him is impossible.. I have to negotiate with his staff for everything... they don't understand the severity of his patients needs... he takes a lot of vacations or days off...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1564748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr.Peter Chui is a good listener and I am not as deformed as I should be due to the aggresive treatment we started when I was was diagnosed with RA. I do reccomend him to other patients including my family members with the same condition. 5/5.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1564747].votes_count ]]