Dr. Iris Mary Kumpula

Rate Dr. Iris Mary Kumpula

Dr. Iris Mary Kumpula's Ratings

How this woman ever got licenced to practice anything is a mystery to me. No wonder she can’t keep her eyes open. She follows an endless checklist of mostly irrelevant questions, plus any other nosy trivia that pops into her head, and every time I tried to get back to my problem, she'd cut me off. After almost three exhausting hours of questions that included which church Sunday school I went to as a child and to which religion do I currently belong (none), I suddenly realized what was afoot. When she suggested my problem was my “punishment,” it was game over for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

The worst experience with a doctor in my life. She made me terrified to see any doctor after my visit. So uncaring! So unhelpful! Before leaving her office, after telling me there was nothing wrong with me, and to basically leave and never contact her again( and believe me I never would have) I drank heavily for 3 years! She was so depressing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2012

Very judgmental, harsh, forces me to talk only about what she wants. Frequently almost falling asleep in the middle of a conversation: or she is absolutely uninterested in my words and health, or she is terribly deprived of sleep. I have to be under the care of a psychiatrist, and there is no choice in Edmonton, so I just should go there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2011

Very judgmental. She sat with me for two hours and told me that there was a 0 percent chance that I was normal... What a word to use. Very unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Kumpula has honestly gotten me the help that I needed - she knew who to call to make it happen and since then it seems like she cares about my follow up. The 'nodding off' is indeed disconcerting, especially when I am mid-sentence and her eyes are drooping and ready to close. I have had a few incidences of personal conjecture and I try to take it in stride, however, the last time I was there she said something completely ridiculous (and Freudian, which I disagree with) and now I am beginning to have my doubts. Either way, she was a great help to get the diagnosis, now to just continue that level of care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2009

My family and I refer to her as 'snoozy'. While in converations with her she seems to yawn & closes her eyes like she is nodding off?!!? Pay a doctor what her fees are and be treat so unimportant that she can't even stay awake long enough to comprehend much of anything! Not impressed at all. I warn you not to waste a second of your time on her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Not veru hepfull in dealing with our problem. Office veru untidy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2008

she is arrogant and judgemental and quick to give ridiculous personal opinions which are not based on any medical knowledge or professionalism. I would rather continue on my own than be further damaged by a doctor...term used lightly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

On our first (and only) meeting, she had only asked 2, maybe 3, questions, then quickly indicated i needed a "high dose" of a drug (that i couldn't take because of a preexisting serious arrythmia). my GP was not impressed and my problem resolved on it's own just talking with a psychologist for 2 sessions. i doubt my cardiologist would have appreciated her carelessness and quick drug prescribing without a proper history. Highly recommend finding someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2007

She had to give a written test to diagnose borderline personality disorder. Office is tiny, noisy and uncomfortable. Surprised to find out this is the psychiatrist recommended to children of physicians.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565166].votes_count ]]