Rate Dr. Raphael Sharon

Dr. Raphael Sharon's Ratings

Our 2 kids (6 and 4 years old) have been seeing Dr Sharon since they were born. They adore him, as do we.
They feel very comfortable talking to him and listen to him more than they do to us! we will use his name at home sometimes, if we need them to do things that he discussed in clinic. Remember what Dr Raffi said? And they do it.
I also love that he is not quick to give medications for anything. But when he does, he will explain why it is needed.
In short, love him, and highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2724589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

My son struggled with pneumonia for the for 8 months of his life. We were referred to Dr. Sharon to help us help our child. He didn't take us or our child's issues seriously. He ordered a series of blood test to make me the mother feel better. When the results cane back. He said quote everything is normal just as I suspected. during that same appointment I asked him to please listen to my son's chest as he's been feverish again and coughing, he literally put the stethoscope on his chest over shirt for 3 seconds and said he sounds great And dismissed us. The following day I ended up in emergency and my boy was admitted to the hospital for 3 days on iv meds for pneumonia again. Livid about how careless he was I was sent to a pulmonary specialist and discovered that the blood work he ran wasn't all normal like he rubbed in our face. I felt like he wasn't interested in or paid attention to our child at all and made us as parents feel stupid for a lack a better term.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

My son was born with heart issues which caused us to see many doctors. Dr Sharon followed up with us when others didn't and explained in a way we understood what was going on with our son. Even now we can take him in with the slightest concerns and he listens and helps. Never making us feel crazy or over reacting even when we are.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Truly an honest review here:

Staff - No complaints here
Punctuality - Typical doctor's office. Don't expect to see him exactly at your appointment time. This is the same for every other office I've been to. He is extremely busy, but manages it quite well.

Helpfulness - We were slightly put off by our initial visits. He seemed overly quick with our precious new arrival. His bedside manner was more businesslike than personal. In retrospect, there was nothing wrong with our baby, so he didn't really need to spend a whole lot of time during those initial vists. We have brought our son back several times in his first year (first time parents). In each visit he is patient and understanding and takes quite a bit more time than those initial visits.

Knowledge - This is where he impressed me. If you want a doctor who is going to throw drugs at your child, Dr. Sharon is not the man. This is a good thing. He, thus far, will accurately diagnose his patients and not overreact. He will gladly answer any questions you have, offer advice from his own experience with his kids, not look down on cultural/traditional remedies (unless he feels they are unsafe). If he does not know the answer to something, he will tell you.

Overall, I am very comfortable with this doctor and feel safe with my child in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Adore this doctor. His receptionist on the other hand is extremely off-putting. Dr. Sharon has always been professional and great when answering our questions about our daughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I really want dr Raphael Sharon to see my son however they require referral and im new in edmonton dont know whch dr i can see who can refer us to him please help

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

He sits and listens to you. Never in a hurry. I feel very comfortable to throw questions to him concerning my child's situation. I surely recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Amazing doctor. No matter how busy the office can get, or e.g. when he was walking on crutches last week, Dr Sharon always is there for my kids with a smile. The kids love coming to his office.
Dr Sharon always takes the time to listen to my silly questions and makes me feel at ease. Highly recommend him. Staff is great too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2567251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Easy to get into, has online booking. Very friendly & nice. Hardly ever have to wait more than 5 min to see him. Very professional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2520021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Awful. Had the first 2 appointments with him. Both times he saw us for MAYBE 5 minutes. Didn't tell us anything on our charts ( our new doctor has filled us in with everything, including the oxygen they gave our son at birth ). Sharon did not tell us anything. Our new doctor is amazing, she even measuers baby length and head, which Sharon does not. We felt like it was a numbers game at Sharon's office, patients in and patients out as fast as possible. Sorry DR Sharon but you didn't cut it for us!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2519765].votes_count ]]