Rate Dr. Raphael Sharon

Dr. Raphael Sharon's Ratings

My son was born with heart issues which caused us to see many doctors. Dr Sharon followed up with us when others didn't and explained in a way we understood what was going on with our son. Even now we can take him in with the slightest concerns and he listens and helps. Never making us feel crazy or over reacting even when we are.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Truly an honest review here:

Staff - No complaints here
Punctuality - Typical doctor's office. Don't expect to see him exactly at your appointment time. This is the same for every other office I've been to. He is extremely busy, but manages it quite well.

Helpfulness - We were slightly put off by our initial visits. He seemed overly quick with our precious new arrival. His bedside manner was more businesslike than personal. In retrospect, there was nothing wrong with our baby, so he didn't really need to spend a whole lot of time during those initial vists. We have brought our son back several times in his first year (first time parents). In each visit he is patient and understanding and takes quite a bit more time than those initial visits.

Knowledge - This is where he impressed me. If you want a doctor who is going to throw drugs at your child, Dr. Sharon is not the man. This is a good thing. He, thus far, will accurately diagnose his patients and not overreact. He will gladly answer any questions you have, offer advice from his own experience with his kids, not look down on cultural/traditional remedies (unless he feels they are unsafe). If he does not know the answer to something, he will tell you.

Overall, I am very comfortable with this doctor and feel safe with my child in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Adore this doctor. His receptionist on the other hand is extremely off-putting. Dr. Sharon has always been professional and great when answering our questions about our daughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I really want dr Raphael Sharon to see my son however they require referral and im new in edmonton dont know whch dr i can see who can refer us to him please help

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

He sits and listens to you. Never in a hurry. I feel very comfortable to throw questions to him concerning my child's situation. I surely recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Amazing doctor. No matter how busy the office can get, or e.g. when he was walking on crutches last week, Dr Sharon always is there for my kids with a smile. The kids love coming to his office.
Dr Sharon always takes the time to listen to my silly questions and makes me feel at ease. Highly recommend him. Staff is great too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2567251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Easy to get into, has online booking. Very friendly & nice. Hardly ever have to wait more than 5 min to see him. Very professional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2520021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Awful. Had the first 2 appointments with him. Both times he saw us for MAYBE 5 minutes. Didn't tell us anything on our charts ( our new doctor has filled us in with everything, including the oxygen they gave our son at birth ). Sharon did not tell us anything. Our new doctor is amazing, she even measuers baby length and head, which Sharon does not. We felt like it was a numbers game at Sharon's office, patients in and patients out as fast as possible. Sorry DR Sharon but you didn't cut it for us!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2519765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

We have been coming to Dr Sharon with our 3 kids for almost 5 years. He is very knowledgable, is always in a good mood and we never have to wait too long once we arrive ate the office. We love his online booking and the fact we can get in quickly to see him. Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1565892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Not impressed with Dr. Sharon. Refused to send referrals for 2 of my children. One was for his bed wetting. Told me to bring him back at 17 if he was still wetting the bed even though the specialist wanted to see him again when he hit 14 and needed to be referred. Ended up being sleep apnea that was causing the bed wetting. My other child he refused to refer to the Glenrose for assessments telling me that my son was normal. My son is now waiting for an ASD assessment through the Glenrose that our family dr sent him to. This dr has the attitude that he is the professional so he knows more than a parent does.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1565891].votes_count ]]