You may also like

Rate Dr. John Cinats

Dr. John Cinats's Ratings

Tore my ACL ~ 2 years ago and finally got in last year w/ the usual long wait list. Dr. Cinats was very kind, caring, and straight to the point. His team was good during the recon ACL. 1 year in with rehab and so far I am pleased.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Two years ago, Dr. Cinats performed emergency surgery on my broken elbow at the Misericordia. . . I have had alot of surgery, but nothing orthopedic, and he was absolutely wonderful. Has a great bed side manner, and considering he had to pin and wire my elbow back together, did a very neat job! Checked me out two weeks later, and gave me his card, should I want the hardware removed. He is so pleasant, kind, I wish he was in general practice, so I could make him my family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Wait times for rechecks are horrible!! They book so many people in at once. Never get out under 2hrs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

I had a right ACL reconstruction done by Dr Cinats. He is a very robotic man that lacks bed side manners, but he does know what he is doing. His office staff are not very good as they have no idea of what to have a patient do before seeing him. They often say stuff like "my manager says that we need to do this" when in reality it makes no sense and ultimately prolongs the wait time to see him. Now that I have gone through the process twice one for my right and now one for my left knee, only now do I know how ridiculous their requests are. They are also not very punctual at getting back to you. Once you get in to see Dr. Cinats, it is much better, however I think I have the world's largest and ugliest scar in comparison to other ACL scars I have seen. If you care about how things look and function, he may not be your doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I have had Dr. Cinats involved in my numerous knee surgeries and replacements and he has always been the utmost professional. I would not trust anyone else with my orthopedic care. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2543517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr Cinats is a great surgeon. I suppose I received the standard treatment: long wait to get there, and about 10 seconds of consultation. I had a whole list of questions, but no time to ask. In consequence, I went allong with the surgery that I probably shouldn't have and am living with the consequences.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1566135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I was refered to Dr. Cinats by a sports medicine doctor after 1.5 years of unsuccessful physio following an injury. I was unable to straighten my leg or go about daily activities without excessive swelling. Two MRI's showed swelling, but nothing else. I wasn't sure if he would even operate. I met with him and he examined my knee and thought surgery would help. It was a long wait to get into to see him (7 months) and he normally has a 12 month waitlist for surgery, but bumped me up since I had been dealing with this for so long. I had to miss my first surgery date because I had a bad cold, but they were able to get me in 2 1/2 weeks later! He came by to see me before surgery to review everything again. The first post-op appointment is a long wait (they warn you ahead), but the second was quicker. He gave me as much time off work as I needed to be ready to go back. The surgery exceeded my expectations and I am finally able to walk with a straight leg again! Dr. Cinats is my hero.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2013

Dr. Cinats is a great doctor, if he feels you are worth his time. He did one surgery on me the problem has persisted he has now referred me to another surgeon for a second opinion, although it has been months and I have not heard back from his office. I'm not even sure what the referral is for as he doesn't take the time to explain what is going on. He is very busy but still a minute of explanation would be helpful. Hopefully my story has a good ending as I would really like Dr. Cinats to operate again on my knee as I'm not sure what the alternative is?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

Saved my fathers life and will be eternally grateful to this man. I had him commended by the medical board. When know one knew what was wrong with my dad, he didn't hesitate to put him into surgery instantly, to find out what was going on. My father had necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating disease) . After many surgeries and 6 weeks in the hospital my father is alive! He didn't even lose his arm or any body parts!! 99% of people who contact this disease die!! My father didn't because dr. Cinats is a genius!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1566132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2012

I have had numberous knee surgeries, and gone through a few surgeons. Dr. Cinats is THE BEST knee surgeon there is. I even went to Colorado to have treatment before I was able to get in to see Cinats. If you can get in to see him - do it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566131].votes_count ]]