Dr. Stephanie Mason

You may also like

Rate Dr. Stephanie Mason

Dr. Stephanie Mason's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Mason's for more than ten years and in that time, have found her to be the most compassionate, non-judgmental, professional I have had the priveledge of knowing. She has gone above and beyond to help me in my mental illness; things like filling out tedious forms, writing letters, referring me to specialists in other disciplines when my family doctor "couldn't" help, listening and guiding me along paths to better and stronger mental health. Dr. Mason does not confine her scope of care to one hour appointments. When I was in hospital for reasons unrelated to mental health, she visited and called regularly. I never felt alone. I know I can call her any time, night or day, and get the same calm, soothing voice at the other end of the line. She truly understands her discipline and puts that understanding to valuable use with her patients. Over the years, I have unfortunately had to access the services of numerous medical specialists and I can honestly say there have been none better than Dr. Stephanie Mason, regardless of specialty. She is the absolute best, and without her in my life, I'm not so sure I'd be alive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I met with Dr. Stephanie Mason while attempting to recover from a significant depressive episode and the entire experience was shocking to be frank. Relying on the reports of a doctor in the Copeman clinic who never took the physical manifestation of symptoms of the traumatic stress that I was having to deal with seriously and of an inexperienced "psychologist" who was genuinely offended and didn't believe for a moment the truth that ex-wives can be psychotic & abusive, she met with me for 30 minutes and was not helpful in the least. The information contained in her report which (which I received much later) confirmed that she attacked my character and lied about statements that were made to her in the interview. Extracts from her report that I recently reviewed made it crystal clear that there could have been no intention on her part to assist me, rather just make certain that a legitimate claim for disability would never be a possibility with her egregious, misguided and unprofessional statements that were not only completely unwarranted but something that she clearly had her mind made up about long before she ever had the chance to interview me. All the while, I am paying fees to the private clinic where she was "working" and she could not possibly have been less helpful. I'm astounded with the "top" reputation that this psychiatrist has on this website when my experience makes it obvious that she had no intention on helping me at any time during, or subsequent to, the consultation. Absolutely unbelievable... No sour grapes, just the facts... If you think that belittling a suffering patient and receiving no help what so ever would work for you in recovering from a major depressive episode caused by significant stress, Dr. Mason is strongly recommended...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765390].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr Mason is very spiritually grounded, mindfully treating each patient as a respected colleague, and willing to support all of your interests and activities as long as they don't harm yourself or anyone else. When I suffered from work anxiety, Dr. Mason offered to provide me with yoga therapy, as she is a certified trainer, and it opened the door for me getting familiar with yoga as a treatment form. She is also well versed in practices such as meditation and psychotherapy although her profession of course is clearly centered around psychiatry.

She is also one of the most open minded and sincere people you could possibly meet. She has a beautiful soul and endless compassion and respect for the individuals she treats. She treats every case with careful consideration and complete empathy.

Dr. Mason is also loaded with "spunk" and doesn't have the appearance of a conventional doctor. Sporting the latest fashion of khakis and leather coats, you can be comforted that she has a background in martial arts, ready to take on any challenge with neutrality and dignity. She is an independent thinker, does not follow the crowd, and establishes practices that are above and beyond the merit of convention.

I really love her and wholeheartedly recommend her, especially if you are a highly successful person with a condition. She'll ensure you have no barriers to your high performance. She's simply great all-around. Do not hesitate to become her patient. She's simply sets the bar.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Dr. Mason has been an absolute Godsend in my treatment & recovery from the very dark depths of alcoholism, anxiety and depression. She has helped me learn to let go and learn that yesterday is history, tomorrow hasn't happened so find the joy of living in the moment. Am I perfect? Am I "fixed?" No; But I am no longer broken. I am human, I have hope, sobriety (today), and over 3 years without a drop of alcohol! Something that I couldn't go even 3 minutes without. Dr. Mason has put tools in my tool box and I am writing this not for her but for those that may find their way here to this site. Just for today, but that's all anybody truly has. Thank you Dr. Mason!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

After a lifetime of struggle, after a lifetime of vainly looking for answers, finally found Dr. Mason this year and the lights came on. She listens. She cares. She gets it. Count myself as so, so lucky for getting in to see her. One of the kindest medical professionals I've ever come across. Wish there was a higher rating than 5/5...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1566577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566580].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 3, 2013

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar earlier this year, have been trying to get my ADHD recognised for years (not just a self-Dx, other factors too,) and had a rather scary episode last year that finally precipitated my dedication to my mental health. I was able to be taken on by Dr. Mason thanks in part to my GP, and we clicked instantly. She is wonderful at managing my medications, respecting what I bring to the table, but still being The Doctor. She also helps me to find access to other health resources beyond medications. I feel Heard and Understood in her office. She can run behind sometimes but I never mind, she's understandably a very busy lady! She is GLBQT friendly, and also unphased by my being pagan and polyamorous. Very important to me, likely to some others too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

I Find Dr. Mason to be a very insightful person. Stephanie has helped me to build tools to help cope with recovery. These tools are based on technical knowledge as well as a deep understanding of the human experience. I have recommended her to friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2012

I have had the privilege of having Dr. Mason as my physician for over 10 years. Dr. Mason met me with my mother when I suffered my second major depression back in 2001 and was again hospitalized. After much time of not been well, my mother felt my care was inadequate and I wasn’t getting well on the medications and courses of actions that were been administered to me by various doctors. My Mom took me took me to see Dr. Mason who was able to properly diagnose me and give me the proper medications and courses of action such as: yoga, proper nutrition, meditation, etc. I feel so blessed to have met Dr. Mason. Although I have had some periods over the last 10 years that my health has struggled, I have never landed back in the hospital like I did twice before I met her. She is always able to deal with my health in a way that I am able to get back in control of my life fairly quickly. I am so elated that Dr. Mason is a practicing physician in Calgary and that I am one of her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

Amazing physician, amazing human being. She seems like one of those who this isn't just a job for her - she genuinely cares about each and every one of her patients, and always goes above and beyond.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1566573].votes_count ]]