Dr. Stephanie Mason

Dr. Stephanie Mason

Rate Dr. Stephanie Mason

Dr. Stephanie Mason's Ratings

Dr. Mason has been an absolute Godsend in my treatment & recovery from the very dark depths of alcoholism, anxiety and depression. She has helped me learn to let go and learn that yesterday is history, tomorrow hasn't happened so find the joy of living in the moment. Am I perfect? Am I "fixed?" No; But I am no longer broken. I am human, I have hope, sobriety (today), and over 3 years without a drop of alcohol! Something that I couldn't go even 3 minutes without. Dr. Mason has put tools in my tool box and I am writing this not for her but for those that may find their way here to this site. Just for today, but that's all anybody truly has. Thank you Dr. Mason!

Submitted April 19, 2014 | flag

After a lifetime of struggle, after a lifetime of vainly looking for answers, finally found Dr. Mason this year and the lights came on. She listens. She cares. She gets it. Count myself as so, so lucky for getting in to see her. One of the kindest medical professionals I've ever come across. Wish there was a higher rating than 5/5...

Submitted Dec. 21, 2013 | flag

This Doctor was the absolute worst. She misdiagnosed me, her Assistant was horrible at helping me get the right information. I found there attitude very poor and both her and her assistant to be very rude and demeaning. They made me feel like I was at the bottom of the barrel and didn't treat me with any respect what so ever. It was a horrible experience and I would recommend anyone to steer clear of Dr. Mason

Submitted June 3, 2013 | flag

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar earlier this year, have been trying to get my ADHD recognised for years (not just a self-Dx, other factors too,) and had a rather scary episode last year that finally precipitated my dedication to my mental health. I was able to be taken on by Dr. Mason thanks in part to my GP, and we clicked instantly. She is wonderful at managing my medications, respecting what I bring to the table, but still being The Doctor. She also helps me to find access to other health resources beyond medications. I feel Heard and Understood in her office. She can run behind sometimes but I never mind, she's understandably a very busy lady! She is GLBQT friendly, and also unphased by my being pagan and polyamorous. Very important to me, likely to some others too.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2012 | flag

I Find Dr. Mason to be a very insightful person. Stephanie has helped me to build tools to help cope with recovery. These tools are based on technical knowledge as well as a deep understanding of the human experience. I have recommended her to friends and family.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2012 | flag

I have had the privilege of having Dr. Mason as my physician for over 10 years. Dr. Mason met me with my mother when I suffered my second major depression back in 2001 and was again hospitalized. After much time of not been well, my mother felt my care was inadequate and I wasn’t getting well on the medications and courses of actions that were been administered to me by various doctors. My Mom took me took me to see Dr. Mason who was able to properly diagnose me and give me the proper medications and courses of action such as: yoga, proper nutrition, meditation, etc. I feel so blessed to have met Dr. Mason. Although I have had some periods over the last 10 years that my health has struggled, I have never landed back in the hospital like I did twice before I met her. She is always able to deal with my health in a way that I am able to get back in control of my life fairly quickly. I am so elated that Dr. Mason is a practicing physician in Calgary and that I am one of her patients.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

Amazing physician, amazing human being. She seems like one of those who this isn't just a job for her - she genuinely cares about each and every one of her patients, and always goes above and beyond.

Submitted May 27, 2011 | flag

I've been a client of Stephanie for nearly a year and I must say that having my share of good and bad doctors, Stephanie is a perfect fit for me. This profession carries a great many doctors and this means that you might have to dig through some dirt before you find the gold. I find her to be funny, compassionate, warm and caring. She is not afraid to say what is on her mind but with manner that makes me feel like I have a safe place to fall. She makes me feel "normal" and that as a human being I am wanted and needed in this harsh world. Her only downfall is that she isn't always on time which in some ways is not a bad thing... especially when you're the one who needs those few extra minutes. I always look forward to seeing you! You always manage to lift my spirits even on my darkest days. I just gotta send you a HUGE HUG and THANK YOU.

Submitted May 19, 2011 | flag

after seeing her for several years I find to to be very helpful

Submitted April 26, 2011 | flag

I stumbled on this website and I was rather surprised to see ANY negative comments about Dr Mason. Ive have been a patient of hers for 8 years. She easily breaks down barriers and makes you feel comfortable. In fact she even tells you its OK to feel like crap when you feel like crap. She understands that mental illness is not a switch that you can turn on and off at will -and that when you are having symptoms of ANY illness, you need time to heal. That has been a big help to me. I would recommend her to anyone, anytime. Mark L. Calgary

Submitted April 13, 2011 | flag