Rate Dr. Shubha J. Kerkar

Dr. Shubha J. Kerkar's Ratings

The only thing I learned from this doctor is about Aunt Martha aka if it walks like a duck it's a duck. She would not read any of the paperwork I ran around to get from the emergency room the hospital and urgent care..... she would not have any of the pictures I took with me to show her....... she only wanted to talk about my infection looks like Aunt Martha!!!!!! How unprofessional and ridiculous!!!!!! The time she took to talk about Aunt Martha she could have had read a dozen reports and looked at a hundred pictures!!!! She is the most incompetent, unprofessional and rude doctor I have ever come across and should be not not be practicing anything but speaking long winded metaphors!!! I agree with all the other unhappy patients-

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I was assigned to this doctor thru my HMO. I just had my 3rd visit with her. Each time was uneventful until today. She was late. She then proceeded to scold me for an argument I had with her billing agent. I have a ZERO co pay, yet her office continues to send me bills for $5. When questioning the billing agent over the phone I just got the run around and was told to call someone else. I told the billing agent if Kerkar wanted her $5 she needed to work it out with my HMO and Humana Insurance, not me. My contract with Humana is ZERO co pay. She has accepted Humana as insurance and therefore is contractually bound to their payment schedule and she can not bill a co pay. Today during my visit she proceeded to scold me for the argument with her billing agent. I point blank asked her if she would like me to find another doctor? She refused to answer the question and stated that my primary care doctor wanted me to see her. She said she wasn't responsible for the billing and that issue really wasn't between her and I. I said, "oh really--your name is on the bill---how do you figure that?" After several minutes of more argument she decided to drop it. I guess she expected me to back down and appologize and she would continue with her passive - aggressive behavior and keep me as her patient controlled with intimidation. That didn't work with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

The Doctor spent time with me to fully understand my condition. I felt she was caring and compassionate concerning my frequent infections due to bladder cancer surgery. She also took the time to consult a urologist to find a helpful solution for my medical condition. If you have questions after seeing the doctor she and her staff are available to answer any concerns you may have. She also writes reports to all your doctors with her recommendations. I feel the doctor is giving her best to improve my quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Her incompetence is exceeded only by her callousness and ignorance. I have been living with AIDS for over 30 years and I have had many doctors, some good, some bad, but Dr. Kerkar is by FAR the absolute worst. More pathetic than I could even imagine. Even her peers will tell you, "She used to be great but something happened". It seems as if she has become burned out and decided to cash in, push any pill and vaccination she can talk a patient into. I have a rather meek and mild personality and I often found myself raising my voice in a desperate attempt to be heard. A visit to her office raises my blood pressure. My girlfriend is HIV+ as well and at the moment is unfortunately stuck with Kerkar due to insurance restrictions but she suggested she switch HIV meds from one that is working wonderfully to one that is actually contraindicated for her due to a past illness that Kerkar was aware of. Her incompetence is DANGEROUS, please stay away!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

An incarcerated client of mine is/was one of her patients and there was an emergency in the jail pertaining to the meds he critically needs, and Dr. Kerkar has refused to return my phone calls and has been exceedingly rude to the family. They told her I needed to talk to her and could not reach her, and she snippily said "you got through to me, didn't you?" What a gauche, thoughtless, outrageous thing to say to anxious family members on one's patient. I have now left three messages for her; my next one will be through the Board of Medical Quality Assurance. She does not give a damn what happens to her patients once they are out of sight. She has no business practicing medicine, and I shall take whatever steps are necessary to bring that fact to the attention of those who should know. If my client dies because of her insolent refusal to talk to me and to get information to the jail, his corpse will be on her thoughtless hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Am not even a patient (have been seeing another doctor, in another facility, for YEARS) yet she's made cold calls to "recruit" for new patients. Very scammy and unprofessional; an unsolicited opportunist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2013

My visits to Dr. Kerkar have been great. Her waiting area is very comfortable, the appointment was on time and the doctor was fully aware of my medical history upon the time of my visit. Dr. Kerkar has a very good understanding of issues related to coxie, and was able to fully explain the reason, treatment and monitoring of the problem. I have great confidence in her abilities and plan on continuing to receive treatment from her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2011

Saw Dr. Kerkar at DAP and at her private office. Issues with seeing her at DAP is DAP's problem and not the doctors' very punctual at her office, seen promptly. What I like about Dr. Kerkar is that she sat down and explained my bloodwork with me and she dumbed up her answers so I would understand them in layman's terms. If I did not understand something she would give an example that would explain the situation. Though this doctor is not "warm and fuzzy" she is a professional who makes me feel comfortable with her knowledge and recommendations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

NO personality or bedside manner at all. Doesn't listen to patient!!! Avoid her if possible!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

too cut and dry - not much of a bedside manor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][583390].votes_count ]]