Dr. Norman M. Fernando

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Norman M. Fernando has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pulmonologist (lungs)-related: respiratory system, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, cancer, lung disease, chronic cough, lung cancer, dyspnea, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension, acute respiratory failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5214221

27/02/14 1 1 1 1 Having moved to PX a year ago, my lovely wife made her medication (insulin) last as long as she could. Finally, due to an infected tooth and down to her last dose of insulin, she ended up in the hospital. Once her insurance was active, she was referred to Dr. Fernando. She spent several days, finally she sitting outside his office until she got an appointment. When she arrived, she was told by the incompetent and vicious staff, "You don't have any appointment here!" They refused service. My wife called HealthNet. She was asked to obtain a refusal of service memo. She asked for the form, and was belittled, told she was stupid for not having insurance for a year, accused of only coming there to get drugs and told there would be no form for Refusal of Service, because "We don't play that." Dr. Fernando came out of an exam room screaming, "I'm not going to see people like you! I don't want to have patients like you in here. I'm not the kind of doctor you can see just to get drugs."
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Norman" to "Norman M."
RID: 2560904
15/02/13 3 3 5 5 Dr Fernando is an awesome doctor very caring. Sorry girlfriend that you had a falling out but that's what you get for hooking up with your PCP. She is a scorned woman. Don't believe those Rip-Off reports. I know Dr Fernando personally and professionally. Recommend him very highly!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1866524
08/04/12 5 4 5 5 Great doc!!! Really knows his stuff.l would recomend him in a heartbeat!!!  Respond
RID: 1410875
08/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fernando is the smartest man i know. He is patient kind and has incredible bedside manner. He has been treating me for a long time and is genuinely concerned with giving the CORRECT diagnosis and CORRECT treatment. The nurse(?) Felicia there is also incredibly sweet and courteous. If you are on the fence about whether to choose this doctor, do it! He's truly the best doctor and best person I know!
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1279255
25/10/10 4 4 5 5 Doc is my PCP as well as my Pulmonary doctor. I respect and trust him with everything I have. He has been my doctor since 2004 and not only does he care about my health he also cares about me as a person. I can be a handful at times but he's always always listened and offered great advice. If he doesn't know what's wrong he'll be honest with me and tell me and then say let's send you to someone who can help you and that's what I'm looking for in a doctor, not like my previous MD who bilked my insurance company on a weekly basis treating the same upper respiratory infection. Doc looked up my nose on my first visit and knew immediately what my problem was and sent me to an ENT who fixed it. The only time I have a problem with him is when he puts me on prednisone but I know he's doing it to make me better, but I fight him every step of the way. Thank you Doc and staff for all you do for me and my husband and Doc you're the best!!!!!!!!
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1191574
17/06/10 1 1 2 1 rude,nonpfressional, locked medical ethics. The link to another complaint on this Dr. Is ripp off......dr noramnd fernando you can read the rest.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1142120
03/04/10 4 4 5 5 dr. fernando listens to the patient,while other doctors tap their foot and check their watch. He really cares about the person, not just the patient.
Paid (or co-pay): $50