Rate Dr. Gregory L. Skie

Dr. Gregory L. Skie's Ratings

Im very glad I found him,very knowledgeable very chatty doctor. wish more could be so caring and easy to talk to. Maybe all these types leaving bad reviews just dont have enough sense to know a good man when they see one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2452082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Was my doctor for 8 months. Didn't leave appointments until 8:00 p.m. or later. The chemically impaired nurse screamed at everyone. She seemed to suffer some kind of mental state kin to meth or opiate abuse. Don't know the name of the nurse because she never wore a name badge. The doctor was unstable and erratic at times. In the end I was dumped for failure of coverage. I have a new doctor that I've seen for the past 3 months.-el

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

When I first went to dr.Skie I was ready to take early disability. Two specialist said surgery would only give me a 60% chance of success. In the two years I have been seeing Dr.Skie I am able to work long hours. And I am able to play an occational game off golf. Something I had given up. Dr.Skie is the only DR. I have ever known That will spend at least 30 or 40 minutes with each patiant.He takes the time to explain whats going on with and what you need to do. And he puts it in lay'mans terms.I highly recomend DR.Skie to anyone with a serious back disorder.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1572657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Skie's for many years after seeing at least 10 other physicians for my chronic pain. I have found him to be the most knowledgeable physician for my condition and I have the utmost confidence in his abilities. He is always willing to spend all the time necessary to get the job done. As a long term patient, I am well aware that I may have to wait for his treatment but I am willing to wait because I know he is the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1572656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

My brother see Dr. Skie's and is doing much better now. He could barely walk before and had constant pain in his back. Dr. Skie has helped him avoid surgery. He is a very compassionate and caring person. It isn't right that 1 or 2 MAD people can have such and impact on his practice. The public and government will most likely try and get rid of another great doctor. They won't stop until one day there won't be a doctor that can prescribe pain medication. If someone is in severe pain what are they supposed to do? Thank God for doctors like this one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1572655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

My family member sees this man. We are concerned for her life. Dr. Skie refuses to return our calls. She has NO pain related medical condition except for prior addiction & prior suicide attempts. The amount of NARCOTIC medication he gives her is unbeleivable. Luckily the medical board seems to be on to him. Hopefully he will get closed down before she or someone else DIES! Action Date: 08/29/2008 Description: ON AUGUST 29, 2008, THE BOARD AND DR. SKIE ENTERED INTO AN AGREED ORDER REQUIRING THE FOLLOWING FOR TWO YEARS: THAT A PHYSICIAN MONITOR DR. SKIE'S MEDICAL RECORDS; THAT WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE ORDER, DR. SKIE ATTEND 10 HOURS CME IN MEDICAL RECORD-KEEPING AND 10 HOURS CME IN ETHICS (IN ADDITION TO ANNUAL REQUIREMENTS); AND THAT HE PAY AN ADMINISTRATIVE PENALTY OF $2,500. THE ACTION WAS BASED ON DR. SKIE'S FAILURE TO ADEQUATELY DOCUMENT HIS PRESCRIPTION AND TREATMENT DECISIONS FOR THE CARE HE PROVIDED THESE PATIENTS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

I saw Dr. Skie 04-05 and I agree he does over medicate, is constantly late ( I was there untill after midnight several times)when my appt. was for 3:00. I have been trying to get my medical records from his office for over a yr. for a slip and fall claim, I even turned him over to the Tx. Med. Board with no results.They always say that my chart is on his desk and will take care of it, but they lost the last 2-3 visits so they would not release any of my records. As for him being a scatter brain I totaly agree. I think he needs to prescribe himself something for A.D.D. I would NEVER recommend ANYONE to see this man.He acts as though he is concerned but only to tune you out as you start to talk. As for those who give him a good review in 2008 this is after his move to his new office and for your sake I hope he has improved & has more rooms to see his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Skie's for several years and I am NOT an addict. I am in no way over medicated. I'm prescribed and take the lowest possible doses of the medications needed to treat my medical conditions. I challenge the statement that he is out for money. For the past 2 1/2 years, I've had no medical insurance. Dr. Skie has gone the "extra mile" to help me obtain all my medications from the drug companies at no cost to me. He has treated me regardless of my ability to pay. I have always been treated with the utmost respect and dignity. I have several serious medical conditions that will only worsen with time. Dr. Skie has strived to address all issues related to these conditions, not just pain management. He is very knowledgeable. His care and expertise has allowed me to continue to lead a relatively normal life. The wait can be very long. I would rather wait and get quality care, than be herded in like cattle,seen for 3 mins, and leave no better. Just $50 or more poorer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

Expect to wait 4 to 6 hours no matter what time your appointment.His only intrest seems to be money. Disrespectful towards paients. He is a doctor who the AMA should take a close look at the way he practices medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2007

Dr. Skie was never on time; he would run from 4 to 6 hours late every time or might not come in at all. He finally hired a Physician's Assistant who was wonderful, but one should not consistently be treated with opiates by a PA. Dr. Skie maintains a very cavalier attitude towards his patients, treating them as though they have no choice but to just wait for him to keep dishing out excessive pain prescriptions. He is obviously very intelligent but very scattered. He does not have the organizational skills nor work ethic to minister to those in pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572650].votes_count ]]