Rate Dr. J.D. Maki

Dr. J.D. Maki's Ratings

I just read some of the reviews and was shocked at some of the remarks. I have had Dr. Maki for the past 30 yrs. and I am not a fin. He does get a little short tempered at times but he is only human and I think we forget that at times. I am happy Janet is no longer there but the scheduling for appointments to see him are too long. When I have a problem with his office I talk to him about it, not slander his good name. He dedicated his life for his patients so give the man a break. I think he is doing the best he can with the amount of patients he has.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

He needs to retire, very abrupt,and never believes a word I say. I miss my old doctor, that passed away. Lines are always busy, can never get through. Anne is the best, friendly all the time, Look forward to blood pressure testing just to talk to her for awhile.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Dr. Maki has been our family doctor for a few years. I was grateful he took us on as patients after our family doctor retired. He has been good to my family and his nurse is wonderful. JANICE IS A DISGRACE TO HIS PROFESSION AND PRACTICE. SHE IS A GOSSIP AND OPINIONATED AND WHY DR. MAKI ALLOWS THIS WOMAN TO REPRESENT HIM IS QUESTIONABLE. IF SHE SPENT AS MUCH TIME DOING HER JOB AS SHE DID TALKING AND GOSSIPING, PATIENTS WOULDN'T BE PUT ON HOLD FOR LONG PERIODS AFTER HAVING SPENT HOURS JUST TRYING TO GET THROUGH. I just love being in the waiting room when patients confront Janice and tell her it's no wonder they can never get through on the phone!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2010

Time to retire, Dr. Maki. My last 2 appointments have been cancelled by him, once because he was going golfing, and another for no reason. His receptionist needs an attitude adjustment too. Too bad the health care system lets disinterested doctors continue to practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2008

I was a patient of this man many years ago and fortunate enough to switch doctors. Unfortunately, my parents were unable to replace him. My mother is only "sick in her head" as he would say, but when she took the initiative to go down south to Lockwood, she was diagnosed with Osteoporosis and Fibramialgia. My father passed away last November due to complicaions of diabetes. Dr. Maki is a self righteous man who has no bed side manners and treats people poorly. He is a very impatient, rude, incompetent doctor that should retire or stick to being a coroner. I am not being being bias...I have spoken to MANY people who feel the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2007

I have been a pt. with Dr. Maki for 39 years. Never had a problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2007

I've been a patient of Dr.Maki's for many years and have never had a problem with him. He does seem like a serious person but I've been able to make him laugh several times! He does often rush but I just let him know that I'm not finished and to take a load off and have a seat!! He's not a bad doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2007

Dr. Maki saved my life by sending me for a breast biopsy eventhough my mammogram showed no signs of cancer. I did have breast cancer as the biopsy showed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2007

I have had Dr. Maki for over 20 yrs. I am not Finnish. I find this doctor to be no nonsense and up front with me eveeytime. He has taken me through some bad times with a very professional manner and I have not got a negative thing to say about him. He's a very busy doctor and my hat is off to him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

I have figured out why and who the people are who actually like this doctor....The finnish people! I have had Dr Maki all my life had finally had a chance to get out!! he is rude and needs to retire! although if you are Fin he will treat you amazingly!!!! everyone I talk to who likes him is...dislike him very much!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1572777].votes_count ]]