Rate Dr. Shaun Tregoning

Dr. Shaun Tregoning's Ratings

I just had an IUI procedure done, I am very pleased with Dr. Tregoning's gentle care during the Procedure, his willingness to answer all my and my husband's questions, not rushing us with our inquiries. When we first met him for consultation, he atteneded to our concerns without rushing.
The Dr and the Staff are punctual with times , when we had our appointment , we were able to meet with the Dr in about 5-10 munites wait only.
I did not have any bleeding after the procedure for in my online search about it , bleeding is a possibility due to the catheter insertion into the cervix. Tells me a lot about his gentle practice.
I am very impressed with His staff Kim, her knowledge and guidance to us through the procedure steps, her insuring the privacy of patients during explaining what to expect and in answering our questions. As well as her willingnes to answer any future concerns that I may have during this journey through the phone.
I would recommend DR. Tregonning to others with infertility issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I am so thankful that I was referred to Dr. T. I, like the majority of clients who go to see him, have been dealing with infertility issues since 2008. Dr T and Kim have always been kind and most of all positive during my journey through IVF treatments. Some of these previous posts are a bit shocking, but there's always 2 sides to every coin, so taking these negative comments with a grain of salt is highly recommended. I will continue to see Dr T and Kim for all my IVF needs as they are always kind and helpful, and their bedside manner when dealing with an already emotional and somewhat uncomfortable situation couldn't be better! My husband and I are lucky to have them as a part of our team - I know our future babies are in the right hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I'm very disappointed with Dr. Tregoning and his lack of sincerity and care. When you're referred to someone you have no choice but to trust their opinion, especially because I work in a dental specialty office so I have a lot of respect for doctors. Twice I was waiting to hear regarding a hospital time and both times they claimed that they've been trying to reach me and left voicemails...I don't have voicemail. They had the right phone number. I had two procedures done at the hospital and the lack of follow up and care is awful. Something went wrong and when i called the office, Kim told me that "it has nothing to do with Dr Tregoning's procedure and I need to call the office that referred me". I don't want to get into too much detail but after wasting $2800.00 at this office, I'm getting referred elsewhere for my (now necessary) ivf. He has lost my trust and respect. My situation was a rare one but it was not dealt with properly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Prior to my surgery I had two biopsy's taken from me without pain killers, I was later told by a different doctor that the process was unnecessary. on the day of my surgery I awoke to receive a note from Dr Tregoning that he was unable to complete the operation and I would require a full hysterectomy (Great concern and bedside manner right?. I was also left bleeding. I sought a second opinion and was alarmed to be told that it would be an unnecessary procedure because my uterus was absolutely fine and the condition could be simply treated with medication. Im understandably upset that such a revered doctor was not up to date on new clinical medications as even my GP had mentioned that my fibroids would diminish without a removing everything. STRONG ADVICE... seek a second opinion before electing surgery with Dr Tregeoning. His main practice is now in the area of fertility and pregnancies. My experience totally reflects this. and watch out for his anesthesiologist who will alarm you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2452096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

I am a female to male transsexual. Dr. Tregoning is going to be performing my complete hysterectomy in 10 days. I saw him for a consult in the fall and he was kind, respectful, and knowledgable. After complications with my ovaries my doctor asked Dr.T if he could move my surgery up and he managed to get me in four months earlier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2452095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

I was very surprised to read all the negative comments about the staff until I realized that the last one was almost a year old ... they couldn't be referring to his present staff. My wife has been seeing the Dr to receive injections for osteoporosis and we have spoken to his staff a number of times. I personally have had conversations with 3 of them and they have all been very personable and knowledgeable. I have had requests from my insurance company for more information and Marlyn has provided me with all the requested info very quickly. I only met her personally once some time ago but she surprised me today when I stopped in to pick up a letter and she handed it to me before I had a chance to introduce myself. We will definitely be asking for Marlyn every time that we phone the office in future. BTW we have also been very pleased with Dr Tregoning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2452094].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Great doctor. Terrible reception staff :-( My wife as went there for a few years and our original thoughts were that we could look past the terrible reception because the doctor is really great. However today was the final straw when my wife called me in tears after speaking with the "receptionist" (my wife does not cry easily) she was only booking an appointment for God sakes! Nobody deserves to be treated like that I don’t care how good the doctor is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Amazing Doctor, horrible reception staff. Took 10 days to get an rx faxed to my pharmacy. Seems like a sincere lack of understanding on the part of the dark haired receptionist. She had no clue as to the urgency of my request. Thank god I had extra meds from a prior cycle or this medicated cycle would have been ruined. Not impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

Dr Tregoning is an intelligent specialist who has helped many of our family and friends. However our experience with him was awful. We saw Dr Tregoning as a satellite office of Genesis Fertility Center. While we are thrilled to have become pregnant, it is thanks only to the doctors at Genesis, not to Dr Tregoning. He is rude, unavailable, provided us with false statistics, charged us fees on top of what our fee schedule outlined and was unsupportive when I became ill during our ivf cycle, until I was so ill I had to be hospitalized. If you are considering this doctor as an alternative to going directly to Genesis, I would caution that it may not be worth it. Although we consider him to be a knowledgeable specialist, Dr Tregoning made emotional, unprofessional decisions during our cycle which caused much unnecessary stress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

This dr might be ok, but his staff is awful. When you walk into a fertility specialist you feel bad enough, then to have a rude receptionist ask you about your cycle with 4 people in the waiting room was just plain strange!! I also could not get in to ask dr questions as I was shocked when told I needed IVF. Kim would not let me book in for clarification. I had to sign a consent when my dr didn't even go over anything! I also called kim 2 times to ask questions and she replied"I told you already"!Then I called as I knew my IVF had failed and I had spotting, I was crying on Kims voicemail asking what to do and to call me. I never got a call back!! If you have fertility issues make the drive to Genesis, you get support and compassion that this dr's staff is lacking. He might be a great dr but then why does he clearly have trouble picking staff! Infertility is stressful enough. I will go to Genesis where I get a call back and will tell anyone NOT to see this dr!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573356].votes_count ]]