Rate Dr. Shaun Tregoning

Dr. Shaun Tregoning's Ratings

Prior to my surgery I had two biopsy's taken from me without pain killers, I was later told by a different doctor that the process was unnecessary. on the day of my surgery I awoke to receive a note from Dr Tregoning that he was unable to complete the operation and I would require a full hysterectomy (Great concern and bedside manner right?. I was also left bleeding. I sought a second opinion and was alarmed to be told that it would be an unnecessary procedure because my uterus was absolutely fine and the condition could be simply treated with medication. Im understandably upset that such a revered doctor was not up to date on new clinical medications as even my GP had mentioned that my fibroids would diminish without a removing everything. STRONG ADVICE... seek a second opinion before electing surgery with Dr Tregeoning. His main practice is now in the area of fertility and pregnancies. My experience totally reflects this. and watch out for his anesthesiologist who will alarm you.

Submitted May 18, 2014 | flag

I am a female to male transsexual. Dr. Tregoning is going to be performing my complete hysterectomy in 10 days. I saw him for a consult in the fall and he was kind, respectful, and knowledgable. After complications with my ovaries my doctor asked Dr.T if he could move my surgery up and he managed to get me in four months earlier.

Submitted May 5, 2014 | flag

I was very surprised to read all the negative comments about the staff until I realized that the last one was almost a year old ... they couldn't be referring to his present staff. My wife has been seeing the Dr to receive injections for osteoporosis and we have spoken to his staff a number of times. I personally have had conversations with 3 of them and they have all been very personable and knowledgeable. I have had requests from my insurance company for more information and Marlyn has provided me with all the requested info very quickly. I only met her personally once some time ago but she surprised me today when I stopped in to pick up a letter and she handed it to me before I had a chance to introduce myself. We will definitely be asking for Marlyn every time that we phone the office in future. BTW we have also been very pleased with Dr Tregoning.

Submitted April 22, 2014 | flag

Great doctor. Terrible reception staff :-( My wife as went there for a few years and our original thoughts were that we could look past the terrible reception because the doctor is really great. However today was the final straw when my wife called me in tears after speaking with the "receptionist" (my wife does not cry easily) she was only booking an appointment for God sakes! Nobody deserves to be treated like that I don’t care how good the doctor is.

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

Amazing Doctor, horrible reception staff. Took 10 days to get an rx faxed to my pharmacy. Seems like a sincere lack of understanding on the part of the dark haired receptionist. She had no clue as to the urgency of my request. Thank god I had extra meds from a prior cycle or this medicated cycle would have been ruined. Not impressed.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr Tregoning is an intelligent specialist who has helped many of our family and friends. However our experience with him was awful. We saw Dr Tregoning as a satellite office of Genesis Fertility Center. While we are thrilled to have become pregnant, it is thanks only to the doctors at Genesis, not to Dr Tregoning. He is rude, unavailable, provided us with false statistics, charged us fees on top of what our fee schedule outlined and was unsupportive when I became ill during our ivf cycle, until I was so ill I had to be hospitalized. If you are considering this doctor as an alternative to going directly to Genesis, I would caution that it may not be worth it. Although we consider him to be a knowledgeable specialist, Dr Tregoning made emotional, unprofessional decisions during our cycle which caused much unnecessary stress.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

This dr might be ok, but his staff is awful. When you walk into a fertility specialist you feel bad enough, then to have a rude receptionist ask you about your cycle with 4 people in the waiting room was just plain strange!! I also could not get in to ask dr questions as I was shocked when told I needed IVF. Kim would not let me book in for clarification. I had to sign a consent when my dr didn't even go over anything! I also called kim 2 times to ask questions and she replied"I told you already"!Then I called as I knew my IVF had failed and I had spotting, I was crying on Kims voicemail asking what to do and to call me. I never got a call back!! If you have fertility issues make the drive to Genesis, you get support and compassion that this dr's staff is lacking. He might be a great dr but then why does he clearly have trouble picking staff! Infertility is stressful enough. I will go to Genesis where I get a call back and will tell anyone NOT to see this dr!!

Submitted Nov. 27, 2011 | flag

Could be the most incredible doctor in his field but if a patient can't get good communication through the doctor's umbilical cord (the front staff) then there's a problem! Good communication with patient's is crucial! As it turns out I believe that a mix up in dates were given to me (most likely unknowingly to the doctor) by the receptionist Kim. Looking back on what unfolded in the office I realise that this was most likely the case. How unfortunate. The last thing that a patient needs to experience are rolled eyes and head in down position by a receptionist. Attitude is everything. Lack of good communication was shocking and very uncalled for. The doctor was present and suggested that he try to explain things to me. After leaving the office (never to return) that's when I realised that he didn't really know about the mixed dates at all.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

I think the doctor is wonderful, but that broad with the accent that answers the phone, she is a b*&6h! she is condesending, snotty, intolerable and annoying. Hey lady if you don't like your job, quit!! don't make our experience anymore painful than it needs to be. You think you have a right to be impatient? i've waited 14 months for my surgery and you think you have the right to be impatient. i hate that i cancelled my surgery with another doctor because i heard so many great things from medical staff at MSA about this doctor, and then i have to deal with her!???

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag

I find the staff and Dr Tregoning extremely friendly and helpful. I have been seeing Dr Tregoning for 2 years and will not change as he has finally helped me. I find the previous comment very strange as I have only had good experiences but I suppose we should question did the patient fire Dr Tregoning or did Dr Tregoning fire the patient, I wonder!!!!

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag