Rate Dr. Stephen Vallentyne

Dr. Stephen Vallentyne's Ratings

Missed my injuries, which were finally rightfully diagnosed by someone else 2 years after I saw him. It took 2 years because other dr's kept looking back at his quick judgment that everything was fine in the nerve department so they ruled it out until they realized the problem was getting worse. Is there for a paycheck

Submitted Jan. 26, 2010 | flag

Very charming in a smarmy fashion. Saw him due to ongoing pain from previous surgery @C5-6."Seemed" to be caring but Nothing ever came of any visit other than stating that my injury was unstable. I was later admitted to KGH rehab, where he has an office, and he walked by me daily for 2 weeks and completely ignored me. An MRI during this stay confirmed that I had another herniated disc @ C6-7. I approached him about all this and he pretended that he did not know me. At the time I was in rehab 2 other patients also stated that they were unsatisfied with his service. Strongly suspect deep ties and influence with the WCB "Board" as all this occured during a lengthy appeal process.I've since learned not to trust any doctor who refers to the WCB as "the board"...

Submitted Jan. 3, 2009 | flag

Arrogant, and does not care about what you have to say. He is a man with out empathy. He should not be allowed to practice. Does not listen to a word you say. Pretends his listens, then carries on his own ajenda and talks over you.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2008 | flag

Has his own opinion how how things SHOULD be. Tunnell vision, and does not look outside the box. If it isn,t black or white....good luck with that. Quick to pass judgement. Treatment good at first, then gradual decline in care.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2007 | flag

Very knowledgeable and helpful in rehab exercises. Considerate of individual patient limitations (like drug sensitivities.) and not a pill pusher. Incorporates holistic and natural approach, prevention, weight loss etc but not rude like some. Encouraging, kind and supportive in helping to get back to work programs.

Submitted June 2, 2007 | flag

A doctor you can trust. Will return to him should problems ever recur. Treated professionally & courteously.

Submitted March 26, 2007 | flag

Doesn't give patients a chance to go to rehab. Takes away hope. Has patriarchal behaviour that eliminates patient involvement. Needs to be open to individual patients chances of improvement.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2007 | flag