Rate Dr. Cecile Ryder

Dr. Cecile Ryder's Ratings

smart lady. goes out of her way to help patients. she will talk to you on the phone during non patient times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I waited over two years to post this review so I could have clarity and distance from my experience to give a discerning review of this doctor. My experience is Dr. Ryder is disorganized, demeaning and utterly useless as a therapist. She didn't take a social history of my experiences, constantly told me about hers (assaulted by a client, a back injury and personal aspects of her life - highly inappropriate) and how she problem solved her own situation. I always felt like she was trying to do counseling from a solution focused perspective and dismissed the distress and complexity of my experiences and made me feel even more lousy and hopeless then before. I needed to navigate through the multiple stressors I was experiencing instead of the demeaning and highly degrading experience with Dr. Ryder. Dr. Ryder, your clients need therapy, not a pizza party that makes you feel better. I felt chided, dismissed and her skills were uttering lacking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2452126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

She does not understand the difference between being a friend versus being a physician

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2452125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. Ryder is caring and extremely accomodating in appointment scheduling. I truly believe that she saved my husbands life when he was suicidal after losing a job he had for nearly 20 years. He is now working at a better paying job with people who appreciate him more. I myself have been depressive for most of my life - I was diagnosed with severe endogenous depression at age 11 and am nearly 50 now. Even with medication, I have never tested as better than moderately depressed, and most antidepressants have had intolerable side-effects. Dr. Ryder has been willing to modify my treatments to try to obtain relief without adverse reactions, and I believe that her mastery of pharmacology is instrumental for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

solid,listens well, sees big picture, resourceful, practical,Knows where to draw line, explains reasons for doing things, encourages courage, leaves door open to call, returns calls, assists in helping off unneccesary medication

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

She is truly an angel. Regarding her personality : she really cares about her patients, she makes herself available any time, any where. (she even does home visits which I have rarely seen any specialist to do so) She knows how to develop a wonderful doctor-patient relationship. As a physician: she is very knowledgeable, professional and open minded.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Dr. Ryder is a gem! She truly cares about her patients and listens to their concerns working with them towards a common goal. I never thought that a psychiatrist would be beneficial since I only struggle with anxiety but she helped me a lot without the use of drugs. She's the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Dr. Ryder is by far the nicest doctor i have ever had. I wish i had been recommended earlier. When i saw her i was at my worst, and she has helped me get back to happy healthy place. thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I met Dr. Cecile Ryder for the first time yesterday and I can honestly say that her warmth, her knowledge and most importantly patience, was so refreshing to recieve. I was so glad to have her taking care of my loved one. He also felt very comfortable and has agreed to visit her again. I am thrilled and I know that just by being with her for one hour that she will make sure that my loved one will be taken care of properly. She was helpful, polite and every possible way imaginable. She isn't a pill pusher and she has other ways of dealing with patients in a calm and reassuring way. So far, I am pleased.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

She emphatizes with the situation of her patients. She explains very well the medical basis for any of her medical advices specially pertaining to medications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1575269].votes_count ]]