Rate Dr. L. Barry Wilkes

Dr. L. Barry Wilkes's Ratings

Dr Wilkes was my Doctor from the day he came to town I was 9. He was a great doctor. Very caring patient competent and thorough in his explanetions. I over 40 trs I think he was on time a couple of times and sometimes the waits were looonnnggg. That was OK because the reason he was late was he was showing others the same consideration and patience he afforded me.

Submitted May 5, 2011 | flag

Dr Wilkes has just retired and it has been a very very sad time in my life, like a death in the family. I have had you as my Dr since I was 3 months old and I suffered from severe asthma and you made house calls and always went above and beyond the call of duty for me and my family. My two daughters love you also and will be very sad to find out they don't have you as their doctor anymore. You have been the very BEST Dr and I can't imagine going to anyone else but I also know that you deserve a rest and I wish you the best.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Wilkes for 30 years.He is very caring,he delayed his vacation the day my son was born to be in the delivery room with the Specialist. He always had time to listen and be there for his patients. Our family will miss him, but wish him all the best in his retirement.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2010 | flag

all of ny family has been going to dr. wilkes since he first came to aurora.now that he's retireing we have to look for a new dr.it's going to be very hard to find one as good as dr. wilkes

Submitted Oct. 14, 2010 | flag

Best Doctor we have had. Friendly, Helpful, and caring. We will miss him when he retires.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

Sadly he's retiring, he was an absolutely amazing doctor and it is going to be very hard to replace him :(

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

We love Dr Wilkes and am so sorry to see him retire. Have been going to him since 1971. He will never be replaced and I dread trying to find another doctor. There is no one like him.Will miss him very much.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2010 | flag

I love Dr. Wilkes and very sad that he is retiring. I have known him my entire life and I am 34. He has seen me through depression and always supported me. He is caring and thoughtful and I just can't imagine trying to find another doctor like him because he is irreplaceable. I love love love Dr. Wilkes. I dreaded this day and it is finally here. Wait times were long most times, but I would wait 24 hours if I had to. He was a quiet man with a gentle soul and will miss having him as my doctor so very much!

Submitted Aug. 31, 2010 | flag

been going to him for 25yrs and sad to hear he is retiring in october..all the best

Submitted Aug. 22, 2010 | flag

I was born in 1970 and Dr. Wilkes delivered me, days before specializations. He has been my family Dr since and will be until he retires (please don't retire!)I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I remember he also coached my brothers hockey team one season. Dr. Wilkes has been a lifeline for my mother who was diagnosed with MS in 2004. He suspected MS within 10 minutes of talking to her and referred her to a neurologist immediately, he MS was confirmed a month later. This man needs no fancy technology to know the signs of common illnesses. He should write a book, maybe a "Family Physician for Dummies".

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag