Dr. Gerhard Jacobs

Rate Dr. Gerhard Jacobs

Dr. Gerhard Jacobs's Ratings

The guy is great with Kids........................................

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. Jacobs was our Dr. For our first child. I can't say enough about him and his staff! He made me feel very comfortable and confident both with the birth and afterwards as a new mom. I would reccomend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2567536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Staff is amazing, I don't have to wait long I'm usually in and out in about 20 mins. He's only my doctor for my pregnacy (which I'm very sad about) he's such a great doctor and very nice person in general. Where as my family doctor if my appointment is at 1pm, I will be waiting in the waiting area for about 30-45mins get into a room and wait another 15-30mins. It's like a 2 hours ordeal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Jacobs for my first pregnancy since my doctor had stopped doing deliveries. I had requested a referral to a female doctor in St. Albert, but when there were none available we went with Dr. Jacobs. What a blessing this turned out to be. I can't say enough about how great this man is! Dr. J is kind, professional and takes time to answer all questions thoroughly. Every appointment I had was a positive experience starting from the reception desk. The receptionists were always polite and smiley. His nurse, efficient and friendly. Dr. J always entered the room with a smile and/or a witty comment. He fully respected my desire for a drug free, vaginal birth as well as the numerous other birth preferences my husband and I were hoping for. When vaginal exams were done he always called in his nurse (female) to be present. I almost don't want to write about how great this doctor is because I want to make sure I can get in for our next pregnancy! Sincerest thanks Dr. J.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

Dr Jacobs has so many years left in his career, but when the day does come to retire he'll have made such a positive impact on so many lives. He delivered our baby and held him with such joy. He respected, cared and listened to us every step of the way. He is very forward thinking as he takes into account the entire well being of the mother and baby (instead of the typical western approach, which is entirely too focused on intervention). We consider ourselves fortunate to have met Dr Jacobs and hope many families will have the privilege to be cared for by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

I saw Dr Jacobs for the birth of my 3rd child, and I wish I had had him for the other two but I didn't live in St Albert at the time. His bedside manner and professionalism put me at ease despite my fears, even when situations arose. IE, when baby threatened to be breach, he assured me that if she didn't turn he would be fine delivering vaginally if I chose. Baby ended up turning, but was late. Since it was my 3rd and I was never late before, he let me go 2 weeks past my due date, and I ended up going into labour the night before my scheduled induction (which turned out to be unnecessary). I got the natural birth in a hospital setting that I had wanted, he supported my having a doula with me, and all of my wishes were completely respected, including who got to call out the sex of baby (my husband). During the pushing stage, he was calm, and made it easy to focus on the task at hand. If there were such a thing as a male midwife, he would be it. I can't speak highly enough of him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

Dr Jacobs is a 20 out of 10.When my waters broke 4 weeks before my due date he took us on and made the whole experience a wonderful one. Easy to talk to,always makes you feel like there is nothing more important to him than your wellbeing. Cheerful and extremely knowledgeable, I have mostly experienced doctors who treat you like you are on a production line since I came to Canada. Thats not Dr Jacobs, his time is yours.I can go on and on. My husband and I love him, he went to bat for us and delivered our little girl with relative ease and comfort for me. God bless you Dr Jacobs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2012

Dr.Jacobs is the best Doctor I have ever had!! He has a great sense of humor that makes you feel at ease. I didn't wait more then 15 minutes for any appointment and never felt rushed when I saw him. I had high BP during my pregnancy so he changed me to weekly appointments early so he could make sure my baby and I were healthy. I felt that I was in good hands and felt that he really cared about my health and well being. Thank you, Dr. Jacobs! You are amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

AWESOME doctor. Very friendly, good sense of humour which makes visits comfortable not awkward. Knowledgeable and approachable about anything. Best doctor I've ever had. It's too bad that he will only be my doctor for the rest of my pregnancy :( It will be nearly impossible to replace him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Jacobs is the best Dr I have ever been to. His sense of humor instantly put me at ease and yet always addressed all of my concerns. I was so happy that he was present at my daughter's birth and guaranteed to be there unless he was on vacation. I think he was only 10-15 minutes late for one of the many appointments throughout my entire pregnancy and that was because he had delivered a baby earlier in the morning. While in labour, the instant he walked into the hospital room I instantly felt more calm and in control. He has a great bedside manner. He even recorded the heart beat the first time we found it and e-mailed it to me so that my husband could hear it. I can't say enough good things about him. Hoping I can have him as my Dr for any future children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579224].votes_count ]]