Rate Dr. Elena V. Barnes

Dr. Elena V. Barnes's Ratings

Great Rheumy! She really listens to what your issue is and does anything and everything possible to resolve it. I've recently downgraded my insurance and she has been great working with me to make my treatment affordable. Her staff is great as well. They're very attentive and caring. Overall I'm very happy with Dr Barnes and her staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I can't believe she is picky with who she wants to treat. The staff here isn't pleasant, as if they have an air about them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Becky, her front desk staff, is very efficient and professional. Her nurses are kind and quick to respond to questions and concerns. Dr. Barnes is wonderful! I am grateful that she takes the time to figure out the puzzle that autoimmune can be. After 18 months, I have answers and a treatment plan. Sometimes the appointments run long and I can understand why she doesn't take on new patients frequently....She doesn't rush. She sits with you. Gives you time to ask questions, gives you copies of all your tests, writes on them, explains everything! It's how it should be with every doctor but isn't. She is truly in it for her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2386139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

As with the 10/26/13 comment. I too, have been waiting months to schedule an appt with Dr. Barnes. She may be very good, but I am going to assume they pick and choose who gets an appt. I have called numerous times and tried using different doctors to get my referral to the top of the pile. Every phone call I make I get told that they are waiting on my doctor for more information. When I call my doctor, they tell me that Dr. Barnes has everything they need, even giving me the confirmation. I also have begged and pleaded to make the appt. They confirmed they have the referral, but will not make the appt. When I asked how far out the doctor is, I was told one month.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2386138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Have been seeing Dr Barnes for several years and have received excellent care. Dr Barnes is knowledgeable, willing to try new treatments and stays current with research. The office staff used to be more efficient when office was located on Michigan Ave. With the exception of the woman who takes the calls, and schedules next appointments; she is excellent at what she does. Like many health care offices, there are more patients and just one patient can back up the rest of the morning or afternoon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][585122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Does not currently accept new patients for FM or similar muscle complaints. Office staff is not customer focused. I cannot comment on Dr. Barnes, as I was unable to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][585121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2014

IVE TRIED MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR OVER A MONTH'S TIME, BEGGING & PLEADING. THE PRIMARY GIRL THAT SETS APPTS WAS CORDIAL, YET WHILE AWAY THE REPLACEMENT HAS "MIRACULOUSLY LOST" WORK, AS THE OFFICE SAID. I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT PAIN, AS MY DR & STAFF SAY, BUT WITH ALL I'VE ENDURED, I FIGURED I WAS PATIENT AFTER POLITELY PERSISTING ON AN APPOINTMENT. THEY TOLD MY REFERRING SPECIALIST THAT THEY TRIED RINGING ME NUMEROUS TIMES & I REFUSED TO ANSWER & RETURN THEIR CALL, THAT'S PRETTY SAD FOR A PROFESSIONAL & ITS UPSETTING WHEN I'VE REFERRED & APPOINTED NUMEROUS PATIENTS' TO SEE DR. BARNES. I THOUGHT I WOULD BENEFIT OF HER EXPERTISE CARE UNDER MY UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES. MAYBE I WON'T HAVE MUCH LONGER ON EARTH & HAVE TO ENDURE THIS ONGOING PAIN ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE. THE STAFF WASN'T HELPFUL & CLAIMED THAT DR. BARNES WOULD HAVE TO DECIDE WHETHER SHE WOULD WANT TO SEE ME OR NOT….6 WEEKS??? GET REAL, DRS ARE REPLACEABLE TOO!!! TRUST ME, I HAVE THE FUNDS TO COVER IT ALL!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][585123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2013

Dr Barnes is an excellent MD and very knowledgeable specialist. She has shown me fantastic bed-side manner, passion for her work and patients with me. I have never felt rushed with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][585120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

Love her..she is very knowledgeable as well as approachable . I never feel rushed when I see her. S

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][585119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2011

After seeing so many specialists, I have finally discovered my pain is not just hypochondria. Elena is very special and extremely intelligent with compassion. I feel very secure since she is my doctor now. Maybe, after all these years of being misdiagnosed. I have the answer to all my questions. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][585118].votes_count ]]