Rate Dr. Elena V. Barnes

Dr. Elena V. Barnes's Ratings

Becky, her front desk staff, is very efficient and professional. Her nurses are kind and quick to respond to questions and concerns. Dr. Barnes is wonderful! I am grateful that she takes the time to figure out the puzzle that autoimmune can be. After 18 months, I have answers and a treatment plan. Sometimes the appointments run long and I can understand why she doesn't take on new patients frequently....She doesn't rush. She sits with you. Gives you time to ask questions, gives you copies of all your tests, writes on them, explains everything! It's how it should be with every doctor but isn't. She is truly in it for her patients.

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

As with the 10/26/13 comment. I too, have been waiting months to schedule an appt with Dr. Barnes. She may be very good, but I am going to assume they pick and choose who gets an appt. I have called numerous times and tried using different doctors to get my referral to the top of the pile. Every phone call I make I get told that they are waiting on my doctor for more information. When I call my doctor, they tell me that Dr. Barnes has everything they need, even giving me the confirmation. I also have begged and pleaded to make the appt. They confirmed they have the referral, but will not make the appt. When I asked how far out the doctor is, I was told one month.

Submitted April 18, 2014 | flag

Have been seeing Dr Barnes for several years and have received excellent care. Dr Barnes is knowledgeable, willing to try new treatments and stays current with research. The office staff used to be more efficient when office was located on Michigan Ave. With the exception of the woman who takes the calls, and schedules next appointments; she is excellent at what she does. Like many health care offices, there are more patients and just one patient can back up the rest of the morning or afternoon.

Submitted March 20, 2014 | flag

Does not currently accept new patients for FM or similar muscle complaints. Office staff is not customer focused. I cannot comment on Dr. Barnes, as I was unable to see her.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

IVE TRIED MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR OVER A MONTH'S TIME, BEGGING & PLEADING. THE PRIMARY GIRL THAT SETS APPTS WAS CORDIAL, YET WHILE AWAY THE REPLACEMENT HAS "MIRACULOUSLY LOST" WORK, AS THE OFFICE SAID. I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT PAIN, AS MY DR & STAFF SAY, BUT WITH ALL I'VE ENDURED, I FIGURED I WAS PATIENT AFTER POLITELY PERSISTING ON AN APPOINTMENT. THEY TOLD MY REFERRING SPECIALIST THAT THEY TRIED RINGING ME NUMEROUS TIMES & I REFUSED TO ANSWER & RETURN THEIR CALL, THAT'S PRETTY SAD FOR A PROFESSIONAL & ITS UPSETTING WHEN I'VE REFERRED & APPOINTED NUMEROUS PATIENTS' TO SEE DR. BARNES. I THOUGHT I WOULD BENEFIT OF HER EXPERTISE CARE UNDER MY UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES. MAYBE I WON'T HAVE MUCH LONGER ON EARTH & HAVE TO ENDURE THIS ONGOING PAIN ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE. THE STAFF WASN'T HELPFUL & CLAIMED THAT DR. BARNES WOULD HAVE TO DECIDE WHETHER SHE WOULD WANT TO SEE ME OR NOT….6 WEEKS??? GET REAL, DRS ARE REPLACEABLE TOO!!! TRUST ME, I HAVE THE FUNDS TO COVER IT ALL!!

Submitted Oct. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr Barnes is an excellent MD and very knowledgeable specialist. She has shown me fantastic bed-side manner, passion for her work and patients with me. I have never felt rushed with her.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

Love her..she is very knowledgeable as well as approachable . I never feel rushed when I see her. S

Submitted Dec. 19, 2011 | flag

After seeing so many specialists, I have finally discovered my pain is not just hypochondria. Elena is very special and extremely intelligent with compassion. I feel very secure since she is my doctor now. Maybe, after all these years of being misdiagnosed. I have the answer to all my questions. Thank you!

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

One of the most honest, professional and knowledgeable Doctors I have ever had treat me. I have recommended Dr Barnes to my friends who also think that she is great and her staff is very good.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

I am an on-going patient of Dr. Barnes. I am being treated for fibromyalgia. She is beyond the best! I'd almost given up trying to find a doctor after my family doctor retired, it took me almost a year and 12 doctors before I found Dr. Barnes. She gave me my quality of life back and I recommend her to anyone who has fibromyalgia. After years of hearing I was depressed and that nothing was wrong with me and being sent to a pain management center, Dr. Barnes helped me create a routine that needs almost no pain medication at all! She's a very positive, upbeat, and very funny person who is an expert in caring for those with fibromyalgia.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag