You may also like

Rate Dr. Gary D. Sladek

Dr. Gary D. Sladek's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Sladek ever since 2008. He is a very good rheumatologist and has helped control my pain and my RA is in remission. However, Mimi is very rude and nasty. She is not friendly and if she doesn't like her job she should quit. I have never waited more than 10 minutes from the time I arrive to actually being seen by the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr Sladek saved my life. I had a rare inflammatory disease that he successfully treated. My primary care physician warned me about finding a good rheumatologist or should I say wished me luck because as he states it when they go to a medical conference they avoid the rheumatologists. It took a few tries and I was giving up on the idea, until Dr Sladek. You may have to wait but what MDs office doesn't make you wait. Mimi has poor people skills but she doesn't mean it personally, I think she may have a disorder, maybe she has Aspergers. (Look it up) But if you want a specialist who will listen to you, explore treatment options, and is 100% knowledgeable Gary Sladek is your go to guy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2793311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I was very early to my appointment, and had to wait over an hour from my appt time to be seen. The front desk lady was so mean, it makes you feel like why even go here. There are plenty of people that need jobs, and no need to hire ones so mean, esp as alot of money is paid for medical, ones are sick, and we go, caring about ourselves. The doctor, immediately told me to go to other rheumis, vs caring to take the time to diagnose. Yet, he charged the extended fee, which is bill fraud. I have never received my records, with paper requests. Basically, I was treated rude, and ripped off. The govt and medical industry really needs to start monitoring performance and billing of doctors. I waited over a month to get in, was told on the phone that he was a doctor that cares to dx, and this occurred, as my condition worsened. REally unnaceptable. Be honest on the phone if a doctor does diagnoses, and stop wasting people's time and money as their health worsens.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Dr.Sladek is very knowledgeable physician. However, his staff makes it incredibly inconvenient to see him and not a pleasant experience. The lady up front is just down right nasty. Can't imagine why someone would put this person at the front as the first experience of a clinical practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Sladek for over 20 years. Personally I like his gentle personality and find that I receive his full attention. We regularly discuss treatment options and he spends the time explaining the different medications and their effects. I would recommend anyone with R.A. to see Dr. Sladek. The office manager Mimi will treat you with the respect you treat her with.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2386422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Sladek is very laid back and is slow to speak. While he may be knowledgable, you really have to wait or prime him to speak. His office mgr Mimi is terrible and mean. Does not have a personality for people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2386421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Gary D Sladek is a very good doctor, professional and must importand he listend to his patient's, Im been going to his office for 2 years and Im very happy with all treaments...

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2386420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I saw Dr. Sladek and he see me disinterested in my results. Nevertheless his receptionist Mimi is downright rude and disrespectful. I will NEVER return to the office thanks to her! I called to have my results faxed over to another rheumatologist and she simply mimicked me caking her the results staying that she was busy and that she'd fax over the results when she felt like it. After countless calls and a 2 hr wait I had to cancel my appt with the other rhematologist. Dr. Sladek is losing many patients due to rude nasty customer service lacking Mimi. She doesn't even answer the phone correctly "hello can I help you?" No mention of her name or the office. PLEASE don't waste you time and money, find yourself a office with caring people; not rude careless service that makes you feel like a walking payment. All I can say is good luck if you have to deal with Mimi.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][585783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

Dr. Sladek is a very knowledgeable and kind doctor. He spent long time and explained what was going on with me. I was diagnosed with gout by my family doctor’s physician assistant about 10 months ago. I took pills to treat gout and I tried to avoid food not good for gout, stressfully watching what I eat for over 10 months. After see Dr. Sladek, he reviewed my blood test and told me that he needed to test more element in my bllod, and he cannot give a diagnotice based on testing one single elementtold. After received the test result, Dr. Sladek told me that I do not have gout! It is a relief for me, but also told me that I suffered over 10 months for nothing by seeing by my family doctor’s physician assistant. Everyone in the review saying Dr. Sladek’s front desk lady, Mimi is rude, but I do not have any problems with her. She treated me with professional courtesy, and her explanation was detail and friendly while I visited Dr. Sladek two times. I highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][585782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2012

I almost cancelled my appointment because of the rude, actually nasty demeanor of the receptionist when I called to make my first appointment. Amazing that almost all reviewers say the same thing. I witnessed her in action as I waited to see Dr. Sladek and every call seemed hateful. Dr. Sladek was kind, listened, advised, and spent a good amount of time with me. I very much liked his style. I will not hesitate to move on though if the receptionist aggravates me. I have enough pain not to want more!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][585781].votes_count ]]