Rate Dr. Kevin Burns Morrison

Dr. Kevin Burns Morrison's Ratings

Cannot recommend enough that you avoid this doctor. I went in for a minor surgical matter, a frenular release. The examination was somewhat painful. I work in camp, and ended up having to schedule an entire shift off for the procedure, which was only a few minutes under general anesthesia. No biggy, that's life. Ends up I get scheduled for the very last surgery of the day on a Friday, and I get bumped due to an overloaded ER. I do blame Dr. Morrison for this, because my work schedule wasn't taken into account, I cannot simply reschedule for another day, but have to take another 10-14 days off of work.

I end up going to a different doctor because I do not want to lose another entire shift, and it turns out the exact same procedure does not at all requite general anesthesia. Only a local anesthetic is required. Furthermore, the examination is not at all painful, and the scheduling is much more convenient and flexible.

Dr. Morrison conducts painful examinations, puts you under GA for apparently no medical reason, and is completely disrespectful of your scheduling restrictions. It is worth your time to go to another city entirely if you can avoid this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

dr morrison was too blunt with diagnosis of kidney cancer on our first appointment. however on subsequent appts. we found him to be informative and caring and took time to answer all questions. he is a good surgeon. the partial nephrectomy was a success. the 3.5 tumour was removed via a flank incision. after 6 weeks i am pain free and in fine shape. thank you . i would recommend Dr Morrison to anyone needing a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

he fixed me up great. made time for me and was very accessible after surgery for follow up questions. i'm really happy with dr morrison. he saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I can't comment on knowledge or punctuality as I have not been able to get through to anyone in his office to book a follow-up after meeting Dr Morrison through an emergency visit to the hospital. I had a procedure done by this doctor and had to return to emerg the day after because of pain and bleeding. Three phone calls later I am still waiting to hear back from his office for a follow-up. We are told that our calls will be returned within "24 hrs" and also told not to leave multiple messages. It's been a week and I'm still waiting for a call back. Poor service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

He seems to look at me as another payment on his bmw. very rough,goes to fast in talking to me.does not appear interested in my problems only money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Who tells someone 3 days before Christmas that they have 3 months to live? Dr. Morrison is who. This news was delivered without the patient asking for such a prediction. Taking away all hope is the worst medicine of all and yet that is what he chose to prescribe. Poorly done. Shame on you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2010

my father saw md for confirmation of prostate cancer. extremely bad bedside manner. did not explain different options and why he was choosing radiation therapy and hormone therapy over surgery. did not explain why he was sending my father for a bone scan and CT scan. md was extremely unhelpful and did not explain to my father the side effects associated with radiation therapy and hormone therapy. very disappointed with care received and will be acquiring a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2010

top of his field diagnosed my prostate cancer and removed . back playing golf and nearly 100%contenant after 2 months .greatfull to have him and partner palmer in the nanaimo district.you do not need to go to victoria or vancouver to get top treatment.diagnosed and treated within months .he may have saved my life!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Unfortunately Dr Morrison's office seems to be greatly understaffed, and unhelpful, because his office seems to be so disorganised I ended up getting my surgery done with a professional in Victoria (Dr Steinhoff) who I greatly recomend. infact two and a half weeks after my operation in Victoria, I recieved a call from Dr Morrison's office saying they just recieved my test results, and wanted to make a date for a surgery!!!!...do yourself a favour and deal with a professional office!! especially if your cancer situation is time sensitive, because Dr Morrison's office will not be in any hurry to help you.....your just a number!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Dr. Morrison saw me regarding a PC diagnosis. He outlined the options for treatment in a thorough way and provided all the answers regarding risks and side-effects that I needed to make my decision for treatment. He even recommended that I see another specialist (oncologist) just to ensure that I'm making a fully informed decision. Totally professional but also a very approachable and friendly guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1585193].votes_count ]]