Dr. Michael J. Horwath

Dr. Michael J. Horwath

Rate Dr. Michael J. Horwath

Dr. Michael J. Horwath's Ratings

Terrible doctor! Stay away! I waited several month in order to see him. I was thinking that he would help me with hypothyroid symptoms. I told his that I experienced bad fatigue, insomnia, numbness in my left arm, every day headache and awful hair loss. I showed him my lab results that was made 6 months before. My TSH was normal at that time, but my T4 and T3 was low. He didn't pay attention at all. He said my thyroid was fine. He even didn't retest me. And he sent me away. I was suffering another several month thinking that "professional doctor" could not make a mistake. What a fool I was. Then I found another doctor who immediately put me on Armour Thyroid. In 3 week I was normal alive person again. My hair loss stopped, my insomnia improved together with other symptoms. Shame on you Dr. Horwath! Because of you I was suffering a lot, and I am a single mom. I could barely took care of my son. I am so happy I found a real doctor now.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2014 | flag

I called Dr. Horwath office for an appointment. Got to speak to a curt receptionist who talks like she is doing patients a favor by speaking to them. She gave me an appointment for July 31 when I call in on Feb 2. Such a long wait for this doctor..really? plus she asked me to give my credit card number to keep on file till the appointment. I simply stated i am uncomfortable having my credit card information sit in her files for 5 months until the appointment, she bluntly stated there is nothing she can do about it. There is gotta be something illegal about her request. I simply hung up on her, her terrible attitude annoyed me.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

I've been sitting on the fence as to whether or not to find a new endo. I'm kinda of indifferent about Dr. Horwath. I feel like I'm just in a holding pattern. A few years back I had breast reduction (something that had nothing to do with my thyroid) and that is all that he seems to want to discuss all these years later. It's kinda creepy and I feel like he's a dirty old man. Where most docs can take my blood pressure if I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt by just having me push up the sleeve, this doc wants me to take my arm out of the sleeve. Now I only wear short sleeved shirts regardless of how cold it is outside. I don't feel he really listens and although I started out with a good relationship with his staff, over the years they have become distant and unfriendly. Sometimes impatient and rude. The worst part is that they refuse to enter into the 21st century and have no email or website or anything electronic so you can only speak to them during office hours.

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

won't see me for 6 months. I had a cat scan and I am extremely ill. His receptionist was playing the doctor roll. Keep clear!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

I've been his patient for the past several years. In my opinion, Dr. Horwath is the best.

Submitted March 18, 2011 | flag

Have been seeing Dr. H. for years, he is very nice, but hasn't really addressed my weight gain or my shortness of breath (both after my thyroid was removed). Thinking about trying a new doc. I have ALWAYS found his office staff to be nasty. There are signs all over the office with instructions, (so they don't have to talk to you).

Submitted Oct. 25, 2010 | flag

The staff is totally unprofessional starting with the receptionist. They are not kind and friendly to most patients but they seem to have favorites that they treat very well. Dr. Horwath is arrogant and made me feel like I was going to die soon because I waiting so long to have a benign thyroid cyst removed. I will never return to that office. I also never recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2010 | flag

Dr Horwath has been very helpful and has an excellent bedside manner. He takes time to answer my questions which is a rarity. His staff on the other hand leaves alot to be desired, only one of his staff members has ever been pleasant on a consistent basis.I am contemplating finding another doctor just so I don't have to put up with the mean spirits at the front desk. As for customer service the front desk gets a 1 the doctor gets a 5 plus.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2010 | flag

I am sorry to hear about the negative responses from some patients. Dr. Horwath has been very helpful and positive with my diabetes. I've always received great service from Dr. H and his staff.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2009 | flag

Awesome doctor! Sometimes his staff can be stressed and pass that on but he has been nothing but great. He spends alot of time one on one with the patient. You do need to communicate what is happening in your life, he does not mind read.

Submitted July 13, 2009 | flag