You may also like

Rate Dr. Dale Steele

Dr. Dale Steele's Ratings

Dr. Steele is amazing! Very knowledgeable and through. He made sure that every single one of my concerns was addressed and was very detailed in explaining the reasons, consequences and treatment. He is probably the best specialist I have seen so far. I did have to wait for an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment time, but it was well worth it. I imagine that his lack of punctuality stems from the fact that he will spend as much time with you as you need him to in order to make sure that you get all of your questions answered to your satisfaction. He is very understanding, patient and approachable. His assistant Judy is quite a character:) She is very sweet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2790827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

dr. steele is wonderful! he helped us through a difficult miscarriage 2 years ago and has been a wonderful OB since. He really takes the time to talk- answering all your questions and concerns with detail and patience- likely the reason for the long wait times at his office, as he takes the time needed with all his patients. Judy, his receptionist, is also amazing. it took me a couple visits to warm up to her, but she really is incredible at what she does! she is caring and somehow remembers every detail- even if its been years since your last visit. definitely a wonderful practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Steele for an ECV to try to turn my breech baby. Before beginning, he was not happy with the referred U/S results and insisted that the hospital U/S team do a new scan before he would do the procedure to ensure everything looked fine with me and my baby. He explained the procedure thoroughly, and not once did I feel pressured to go though with it despite having five medical staff in my room. He and his resident perservered for a solid 20+ minutes and in the end were unsuccessful (the procedure has a low probably of success to begin with, especially for FTMs like myself). Despite my wanting to continue, my BP kept dropping and he wasn't willing to risk any harm to me or the baby, so I knew I was in excellent hands. Even after the procedure was done he stayed with me to chat, make sure I felt fine and we discussed the various options for delivery, which I'm sure he didn't have to do. Overall I was dreading the experience, and though it was far from pleasant, he made me feel very comfortable and in control the whole time and felt his bedside manner was excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Wonderful experience. He's friendly, thorough and knowledgeable. I've seen him in his clinic and in the hospital and he's been wonderful each time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Steele for over 12 years and he continues to impress me. Not to mention his front of house Judy, always remembers who I am (even if it has been a few years). If you can get in I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2622480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

Dr Steele looked after me during both complicated pregnancies . He has a good bedside manner, a sense of humour and answer my questions. Long waits at the obgyn office is inevitable in the Lower Mainland, let alone a good Dr like him. Although he did not attend the birth of my babies, he visited me at the hospital almost everyday. Judy the receptionist is very friendly and efficient, you can always count on her to follow up with you on bookings with the hospital/lab reports/ultrasound etc. I would highly recommend Dr Steele as your specialist and thank you Dr Steele and Judy!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2616083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I had Dr. Steele perform an ECV to turn my breech baby. I got the impression that he was not prepared to try hard to make the ECV a success, and he was quick to give up. He seemed more interested in making an impression on his intern. He was power-trippy, and even implied that the ECV failure was my fault because I was tensing my stomach muscles. He seemed to think this was all about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1586586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2013

Dr. Steele is the kindest and most compassionate doctor I have ever met. He has an excellent bedside manner and always takes the time to explain everything fully. My recovery from surgery was excellent and he visited me every day in hospital which was very comforting. His receptionist Judy is also wonderful. I highly recommend him. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1586585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2012

Horrible experience from Dr. Steele. Botched my surgery and have had to get several follow up appointments elsewhere. Was cold and irritable when I told him I have anxiety with internal exams, he barked at me when I moved. He didn't even know how to do a vaginal ultra sound or put an IUD in. I have recently been told its been put in wrong which explains why I've been bleeding for 15 days straight. Was also told I might have fetal tissue left behind from the sloppy abortion he gave, which continues to grow in your womb. Don't go to him. I was one of four abortions that day and was treated with no respect and like something he just wanted over with. Ps i wouldn't trust the other ratings they sound fake

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1586595].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 20, 2012

Amazing! LOVE him actually. So kind, calm, knowledgeable, patient. Love his receptionist Judy. He was my Dr for both pregnancies altho he didnt actually deliver them. BUT my experience was sooooooo positive. The only thing is his punctuality which honestly is out of his control as he also has obligations to the hospital

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1586594].votes_count ]]