Rate Dr. Gary Wild

Dr. Gary Wild's Ratings

Dr. Wild is not just a doctor he's a genius.. Always good to me, takes the time to ask me questions and listens to me and I've seen him do the same with other of his patients. He's a doctor to be trusted. He first prescribed me 4 mezavant pill per day for UC but I'm taking only two pill and suprisingly its helping me tremendously (of course with low sugar/carb, gluten free/organic diet). Dr Wild was complete ok with that-- he's not there to hit commissions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I was fortunate to get an appt. with Dr. Wild. I round him différent to say thé least, hé interviewed ME. It didn't me long to realize that hé was brillant. Hé diagnosed me and has been treating me for 4 years. I am much improved and will be eternally grateful to him. Hé si the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

Just had my first colonoscopy with Dr. Wild. Staff were extremely kind and attentive. Dr. Wild was the third doctor I had consulted. He took the time to ask questions and listen to my symptoms. My appointment ended with a diagnosis (finally!). I'm very pleased and impressed with Dr. Wild.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Dr.Wild is an interesting guy...I went through other comments here and I can see that most people don't like his blunt style and his lack of bed side manners...I personally like him...I get him..He's not here to **** you and entertain your internet research for 3 hours...Keep in mind this Doctor is treating hundreds of peoples and he needs to stick with the proven methods..If you want to use Marshmallow root and Aleo Vera pills to treat your Colitis/Crohns illness then why on earth are you standing in front of a Doctor that practices Western Medicine ?? Be logical....If there were actual studies that proved that not eating Starch would heal everyone then don't you think it would make it's way to you eventually ..like it's some kind of secret? It's true that Dr.Wild won't give you a hug and cuddle you but honestly wouldn't you rather a Doctor that says..."Let's not waist time..Let's get you into remission ASAP so you don't end up either with a Colostomy bag or Cancer" Remission is key

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr. Wild has no time to talk to you apart from purely treating the symptoms and giving you prescriptions/tests. You never know if he is going to be nice or make you feel bad. He is overworked. I have been seeing him for years and in general he is ok but is not open to discussing alternative healing (diet, natural healing techniques, stress) and you really have to do a lot of research about your health on your own. He offers no additional information. You also have to be careful what you ask him or he might blow up at you (copies of your blood test results for example). If you are looking for compassion, you won't find it with him, but if you are simply looking for diagnosis and treatment according to the allopathic medical system, then that's what you will get.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I have been a UC patient of Dr. Wild's for more than 30 years and have seen him through ups and downs, but he has saved my life (and my organs!) through 3 very rough hospitalizations. The latest hospitalization was the worst ever, but he tried everything to make sure I did not have to have an operation. Now I am on Remicade a very expensive medication (5 000.00+$/infusion taken every 8 weeks), but Dr. Wild did all he could to get the medication paid for. Dr. Wild is also very much involved in the world-wide research with respect to Crohns, UC, IBD and the rest. He is as much a cutting edge scientist as a doctor. I truly believe he is the best (and I have had others!). I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from any form of IBD. Keep up the good work, Dr. Wild.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

Find another doctor. I asked several questions after doing some research and he got really upset, tried to make me feel like an idiot, scribbled a name on a pad and said" Here! Go see this surgeon, he might be impressed with your internet knowledge. I don't have time for people like you."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2011

This doctor is certainly wild... he told me the pain i had during my 1st coloscopy (adult size, i had ulcerative colitis @ 16 & was followed @ the sick kids hospital) the pain was so horrible when the scope came around the 90 degree turn (top left)... i cried it hurt so much. all he concluded the next day (i had been hospitalized 24 hrs) was that the pain was all in my head, that i should see a head doctor to help me deal with child abuse (which i never had) i really DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone, he truly doen't care & has no feelings... God help him! (this happened to me in 1998) and i never went back to see him... thank God!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2010

After being told that I was simply suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids i was fortunate to be referred to see Doctor Wild. He took my problem seriously and did a colonoscopy a few days later. He diagnosed a rectal cancer and referred me to Dr Barry Stein's team. Doctor Wild's skills, compassion and caring saved my life

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2010

He is the absolute worst Doctor I have ever been to. Has no bedside manner, and thinks he knows everything. He is a real a**.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1587295].votes_count ]]