Rate Dr. Gary Wild

Dr. Gary Wild's Ratings

I was fortunate to get an appt. with Dr. Wild. I round him différent to say thé least, hé interviewed ME. It didn't me long to realize that hé was brillant. Hé diagnosed me and has been treating me for 4 years. I am much improved and will be eternally grateful to him. Hé si the best!

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

Just had my first colonoscopy with Dr. Wild. Staff were extremely kind and attentive. Dr. Wild was the third doctor I had consulted. He took the time to ask questions and listen to my symptoms. My appointment ended with a diagnosis (finally!). I'm very pleased and impressed with Dr. Wild.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr.Wild is an interesting guy...I went through other comments here and I can see that most people don't like his blunt style and his lack of bed side manners...I personally like him...I get him..He's not here to **** you and entertain your internet research for 3 hours...Keep in mind this Doctor is treating hundreds of peoples and he needs to stick with the proven methods..If you want to use Marshmallow root and Aleo Vera pills to treat your Colitis/Crohns illness then why on earth are you standing in front of a Doctor that practices Western Medicine ?? Be logical....If there were actual studies that proved that not eating Starch would heal everyone then don't you think it would make it's way to you eventually ..like it's some kind of secret? It's true that Dr.Wild won't give you a hug and cuddle you but honestly wouldn't you rather a Doctor that says..."Let's not waist time..Let's get you into remission ASAP so you don't end up either with a Colostomy bag or Cancer" Remission is key

Submitted July 10, 2012 | flag

Dr. Wild has no time to talk to you apart from purely treating the symptoms and giving you prescriptions/tests. You never know if he is going to be nice or make you feel bad. He is overworked. I have been seeing him for years and in general he is ok but is not open to discussing alternative healing (diet, natural healing techniques, stress) and you really have to do a lot of research about your health on your own. He offers no additional information. You also have to be careful what you ask him or he might blow up at you (copies of your blood test results for example). If you are looking for compassion, you won't find it with him, but if you are simply looking for diagnosis and treatment according to the allopathic medical system, then that's what you will get.

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

I have been a UC patient of Dr. Wild's for more than 30 years and have seen him through ups and downs, but he has saved my life (and my organs!) through 3 very rough hospitalizations. The latest hospitalization was the worst ever, but he tried everything to make sure I did not have to have an operation. Now I am on Remicade a very expensive medication (5 000.00+$/infusion taken every 8 weeks), but Dr. Wild did all he could to get the medication paid for. Dr. Wild is also very much involved in the world-wide research with respect to Crohns, UC, IBD and the rest. He is as much a cutting edge scientist as a doctor. I truly believe he is the best (and I have had others!). I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from any form of IBD. Keep up the good work, Dr. Wild.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

This doctor TOLD ME I was wasting his time and that my problem was psychological. It's a good thing I went to another GI that performed a colonoscopy on me and discovered I had Ulcerative Colitis. Because Dr.Wild wasted MY time and I was not treated early enough, in a matter of 4 months I had a toxic megacolon and had to have an emergency total-colectomy. I had 3 surgeries and almost died. I am now living a healthy life with my j-pouch. I DO NOT THINK DR.WILD IS SUITED TO BE A DOCTOR. This man needs to be fire from the College des Médecins du Québec because he is dangerous. I would like to file a complaint. There are clearly enough unsatisfied patients on here. Would like like to testify with me? Please contact me.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

Find another doctor. I asked several questions after doing some research and he got really upset, tried to make me feel like an idiot, scribbled a name on a pad and said" Here! Go see this surgeon, he might be impressed with your internet knowledge. I don't have time for people like you."

Submitted Sept. 24, 2011 | flag

This doctor is certainly wild... he told me the pain i had during my 1st coloscopy (adult size, i had ulcerative colitis @ 16 & was followed @ the sick kids hospital) the pain was so horrible when the scope came around the 90 degree turn (top left)... i cried it hurt so much. all he concluded the next day (i had been hospitalized 24 hrs) was that the pain was all in my head, that i should see a head doctor to help me deal with child abuse (which i never had) i really DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone, he truly doen't care & has no feelings... God help him! (this happened to me in 1998) and i never went back to see him... thank God!

Submitted Dec. 16, 2010 | flag

After being told that I was simply suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids i was fortunate to be referred to see Doctor Wild. He took my problem seriously and did a colonoscopy a few days later. He diagnosed a rectal cancer and referred me to Dr Barry Stein's team. Doctor Wild's skills, compassion and caring saved my life

Submitted Oct. 23, 2010 | flag

He is the absolute worst Doctor I have ever been to. Has no bedside manner, and thinks he knows everything. He is a real a**.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2010 | flag