Rate Dr. Mark Freedman

Dr. Mark Freedman's Ratings

I visited Dr Freedman in Jan. 2014 We waited for about an hour passed our scheduled appointment. Finally got into the examination room when he entered, did not acknowledge us and went straight to his computer for another forty five minutes. Then he started to condescend my CCSVI treatment I had three years earlier in Costa Rica. Then he questioned the fact that I even had MS. My regular neurologist diagnosed me in 1999. The steady physical and neurological deterioration had me convinced this was not a common cold (Dr Freedman is not my regular neurologist, just a referral) In the same breathe he changed my present diagnosis from secondary to primary progressive MS with out even looking at me. I guess he must be confident or gifted. The only doctor that I ever seen that cold draw a medical conclusion with out looking at the patient. I left his office wondering why we drove six hours, it certainly was not for medical treatment. I am sure he is an accredited neurologist, but should be in a back room with a test tube NOT patients. I am convinced he went into the medical field to massage his ego not to treat patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2682720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc. I would best describe his approach as one of detached concern. He listens sparingly and only to be able to put forth his agenda. Not a good listener or open to discussion. He thinks highly of himself and this is clear in his actions & words. Decisions as to medication/ treatment are made quickly without clear explanation as to dosage, side effects or other options and without adequate discussion. Questions are met with patronizing and often times flippant answers. He "is the expert". There is no concept of working together with the patient in Dr Freedman's office. Furthermore, there is absolutely no interdisciplinary approach to the treatment of MS. Absolutely mind boggling in terms of MS treatment. If Dr Freedman cared as much about the well being of his patîents as he does his Pharma driven research, he could be an excellent doctor, but sadly based on my experience with Dr Freedman he is far from the great doctor he thinks he is and the clinic is sorely lacking in properly caring for their MS patients and meeting their needs. However, if you are willing to humour him and stroke his ego, you may get his attention. He seems to respond better to this kind of interaction. Sadly, so.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2555221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I saw him for migraines. Other neurologists had given up on helping me because my migraines were difficult to treat. He helped. We tried a few different triptans and we found the one that worked for me. Its not perfect, but it's much better than before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1588715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr.Freedman when I Moved to Ontario from Alberta. Upon seeing his College I was told I was in a minor relapse, and sent for an MRI. No lesions were found in my MRI So Dr.Freedman cancelled my Avonex prescription, said yes you have MS Symptoms you do not have MS. I have a O band positive LP, as well as I've had MRI's demonstrating plaques of demylination in the past. However Dr.Freedman took it upon himself to find a reason to push me out the door. Thanx to this doctor and taking me off the Avonex, all my symptoms plus new ones have occurred since stopping the meds, and I am now forced to move back to Alberta to see my neurologist there as I'm now on 21 pills a day to mask the neuropathic pain, spasisity, and much more. Very poor doctor!!! Rush's your appointments, and finds any reason possible to push you out the door.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1588714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2013

Mr Freedman who has a reputation of being the best in Canada, that's what he thinks. How can you justify pushing Gilenya on innocent people that have blocked veins. Gilenya has killed 11 people (reported that is, might be more by this time) and is linked to the development of PML a deadly brain desease that KILLS PEOPLE Does that sound safe to you?? It does to Freedman he keeps pushing Gilenya on people, mega bucks are made off with CCSVI/MS people that are hoping for a better living condition.....sorry Gilenya is not the answer. As for mr F and his attitude, his arrogance, his manners need to be fixed. He might have a heart of gold but so does a hard boiled egg.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1588717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Freeman has great bedside manners. Always understanding, helpful, extremely knowledgeable in his field, insightful and supportive. He was always polite, respectful and punctual. I would never hesitate to recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1588713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2011

If you want someone to make you feel good, go see a massage therapist or a psychologist. If you want a serious, no-nonsense neurologist, than this is your guy. He tells it like it is, and that is what I want in a specialist. No sugar coating. I have MS and have been with him for 5 yrs now and just love him and Nanda. Thank you for your support and your honesty. My MS is not going away, but you are all helping me be a survivor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1588712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

I met Dr. Freedman back in June... My first impression of him probably wasnt all that good. He intimidated me, and diagnosed me with CIS with only a neurological exam (where they test your mobility and sensations). I felt as though he was jumping the gun on my diagnosis, but when i saw my family dr. i found out he was correct. Which made my feelings for him change. He MUST know what hes doing to have a diagnosis so quick when noone else could answer what was wrong with me. Since that diagnosis my MS has progressed to RRMS. Im ok with that. Im in a study, the girls at the clinic are sweet as pie! Not so much Nanda, she makes me nervous. and yes freedman is arrogant. but that just him. at least he knows what he is talking about. and i barely have to see him, i deal with patty wadel, shes SO NICE! I am glad i met dr freedman. he may find a cure. he is very determined.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1588711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2011

Dr. Freedman saved my life. I came into his office almost 15 years ago with undiagnosed CIDP. Within 5 minutes of the exam he knew exactly what I had, where countless other Drs. could not figure it out. Put me on IVIG and the next day I was walking again. I have never seen him be arrogant when I am around him, and he seems like a very nice person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1588710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2011

Great doctor who is very knowledgeable about Multiple Sclerosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1588709].votes_count ]]