Dr. Mark Freedman

Dr. Mark Freedman

Rate Dr. Mark Freedman

Dr. Mark Freedman's Ratings

I saw him for migraines. Other neurologists had given up on helping me because my migraines were difficult to treat. He helped. We tried a few different triptans and we found the one that worked for me. Its not perfect, but it's much better than before.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr.Freedman when I Moved to Ontario from Alberta. Upon seeing his College I was told I was in a minor relapse, and sent for an MRI. No lesions were found in my MRI So Dr.Freedman cancelled my Avonex prescription, said yes you have MS Symptoms you do not have MS. I have a O band positive LP, as well as I've had MRI's demonstrating plaques of demylination in the past. However Dr.Freedman took it upon himself to find a reason to push me out the door. Thanx to this doctor and taking me off the Avonex, all my symptoms plus new ones have occurred since stopping the meds, and I am now forced to move back to Alberta to see my neurologist there as I'm now on 21 pills a day to mask the neuropathic pain, spasisity, and much more. Very poor doctor!!! Rush's your appointments, and finds any reason possible to push you out the door.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2013 | flag

Mr Freedman who has a reputation of being the best in Canada, that's what he thinks. How can you justify pushing Gilenya on innocent people that have blocked veins. Gilenya has killed 11 people (reported that is, might be more by this time) and is linked to the development of PML a deadly brain desease that KILLS PEOPLE Does that sound safe to you?? It does to Freedman he keeps pushing Gilenya on people, mega bucks are made off with CCSVI/MS people that are hoping for a better living condition.....sorry Gilenya is not the answer. As for mr F and his attitude, his arrogance, his manners need to be fixed. He might have a heart of gold but so does a hard boiled egg.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Freeman has great bedside manners. Always understanding, helpful, extremely knowledgeable in his field, insightful and supportive. He was always polite, respectful and punctual. I would never hesitate to recommend him to others.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2011 | flag

If you want someone to make you feel good, go see a massage therapist or a psychologist. If you want a serious, no-nonsense neurologist, than this is your guy. He tells it like it is, and that is what I want in a specialist. No sugar coating. I have MS and have been with him for 5 yrs now and just love him and Nanda. Thank you for your support and your honesty. My MS is not going away, but you are all helping me be a survivor!

Submitted Sept. 26, 2011 | flag

I met Dr. Freedman back in June... My first impression of him probably wasnt all that good. He intimidated me, and diagnosed me with CIS with only a neurological exam (where they test your mobility and sensations). I felt as though he was jumping the gun on my diagnosis, but when i saw my family dr. i found out he was correct. Which made my feelings for him change. He MUST know what hes doing to have a diagnosis so quick when noone else could answer what was wrong with me. Since that diagnosis my MS has progressed to RRMS. Im ok with that. Im in a study, the girls at the clinic are sweet as pie! Not so much Nanda, she makes me nervous. and yes freedman is arrogant. but that just him. at least he knows what he is talking about. and i barely have to see him, i deal with patty wadel, shes SO NICE! I am glad i met dr freedman. he may find a cure. he is very determined.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Freedman saved my life. I came into his office almost 15 years ago with undiagnosed CIDP. Within 5 minutes of the exam he knew exactly what I had, where countless other Drs. could not figure it out. Put me on IVIG and the next day I was walking again. I have never seen him be arrogant when I am around him, and he seems like a very nice person.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2011 | flag

Great doctor who is very knowledgeable about Multiple Sclerosis.

Submitted July 23, 2011 | flag

never around you're only a number.He put me on Rebiff without nowing the side effects of the medication due to other medical factors,he is reckless with my health my liver is now attacked and now he as me scared for my health. he only cares about his private advancement and agenda. Another problem his nurse Nanda Soucy was informed by me that I had extra Rebiff at home and I did not know what to do with it she tolds me to bring it into Dr Freedman's clinic and she would pond it off to patients who would require sample of Rebiff,the Rebiff company is very upset with his clinic right now.If you need a neurologist and decide to go see him before you do check around because your life may depend on it, I wish I would have read this site sooner.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

My husband and I travelled 8 hours for this appointment and left Dr. Freedman's office feeling like second class citizens. It is interesting to read the comments using words such as ARROGANT, POMPOUS, CONDESCENDING AND RUDE! That pretty much sums up our impression of this man. He may have sevral letters behind his name but his beside manner leaves much to be desired! He never initially acknowledged our presence despite my husband's greeting. He was negative and downplayed concerns, made one feel very vulnerable. We have had numerous visits with members of the medical profession and have never previously been treated in this fashion. As a neurologist dealing with patients who may have brain injury we can't imagine what a visit here would do to one's self-esteem. In our hometown patients are treated with dignity and respect. Perhaps it's time for a career change! show a little humility, do Drs. not take an oath upon entering the field of medicine?

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag