Rate Dr. Henry Coopersmith

Dr. Henry Coopersmith's Ratings

Dr.Coopersmith is very respectful and thorough in is work process. He doesn't handout the usual drugs - especially antibiotics - without a very good reason. He runs blood test, urine test, all necessary tests before making is call. How many doctors do you know take the time to do so ? As all doctors, he is busy and you will not have 45 minutes to discuss weather conditions. If you have questions, be prepared and asked them. He will answer. The clinic staff is awesome. I actually love to go there !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

Dr Coopersmith runs a very efficient and professional practice from what I have seen thus far. He has a lovely staff, they do everything they can to accommodate patients. I can appreciate how difficult it is to maintain a conversation in person while simultaneously coordinating appointments over the phone and staying on top of clerical work, and I can assure you that these ladies do it all seamlessly. The Dr himself is definitely the best I have ever come across. During my first appointment, I nearly passed out from shock when I realized that he was actually making eye contact. He is an intelligent man and clearly very accomplished in his field. He is a good listener despite being limited time-wise, and seems to genuinely care about the well-being of his patients. He has a certain arrogance which, oddly enough, makes him rather charming. My advice would be to take him seriously and refrain from arguing/wasting time...despite what your ego may be telling you, he is probably right.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

The staff are rude and obnoxious!! I have visited Dr. Coopersmith for over 10 years. I am in perfect health and only visit when needed. He has always been pleasent and professional (he wears great looking Ferre ties). The blood test charges are not a problem for me, even though he has a very big reputation for prescribing those expensive tests all the time. I will never go back to this doctor after the insulting treatment I recieved on the phone. I was in Europe this October with a client. We both had a terrible cough when we returned, a week later he saw his family doctor to get antibiotics and was feeling better. We were going back in a week so I called Dr. Coopersmith. The rude woman told me I was not a patient "I did not see the doctor every year-at least for a check-up. I would have to wait 3 months to see the doctor" She would do me a favour, this once, and I could see him in 3 days. I never went to the appointment. I refuse to be treated like garbage by that woman!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2011

I am very fortunate to have Dr. Coopersmith as my family doctor.I feel certain that he saved my life by diagnosing my Ovarian Cancer in its earliest stage. Dr. Coopersmith really listens and makes every effort to find the root of any problem. He looks for answers and doesn't stop testing until he gets them, even if it means directing his patients to health professionals with the required expertise to help him make the correct diagnosis. Dr. Coopersmith referred my husband to the appropriate specialists to help him diagnose a condition which could become debilitating if left untreated. No problem is too big or too small for Dr. Coopersmith's attention. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and professional. I am also very impressed with the way he runs his office. Dr. Coopersmith's staff is efficient and caring. In my experience it is a pleasure to speak to the secretaries because they make me feel valued. Things always get done quickly and competently.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

I really love Dr.Coopersmith. He is attentive and thorough and always makes me feel reassured and at ease. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

I like Dr. Coopersmith. I don't see the problem with the private blood lab, as he has never given me any attitude or difficulties because I don't have private insurance and can't afford it. He has ZERO issue with sending me to the hospital for blood work, so I really don't understand the complaints about the very conveniently located and speedily run blood lab,should you be lucky enough to afford it! I always ask for a requisition for the hospital, and he has NEVER, not once in the 5 years that I've been seeing him made me feel like I was less worthy of his time because of it. Also, whenever I call for a last minute appointment, they always have time to squeeze me in. Sure, he can be a bit rushed, but he's a busy guy. In a province where it's nearly impossible to get a GP, we have nothing to complain about. Coopersmith is efficient, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Sounds good to me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Coopersmith for about 20 years. I have always found him to be honest, direct and intelligent in his approach to my treatment. He has been understanding of the many ups and downs and changes in my lifestyle and fitness over the years, while at the same time making sure that I am informed of the risks those changes pose to my health. I see that many people on this site have complained about being sent for expensive tests. Personally, I am grateful to have a doctor who uses the latest diagnostic tools as part of a comprehensive approach to my health care, and I cannot think of anything I would rather spend money on than my own well-being. Tests may be bothersome and sometimes costly but the alternative is a doctor who "guesses" what might be wrong with you, or one who waits until your symptoms are impossible to ignore before treating them. Thanks to Dr Coopersmith's invaluable advice and support, and proactive approach I am a healthier and happier human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

He is all about the money! Sad but true. Every patient is convinced to take some type of blood/urine test from his office. If you decide to do the tests elsewhere, then staff will tell you it will take months for the doctor to get the results,etc... Also worth mentioning, the doctor does not give his patients time to explain anything ( in and out ). He also does not listen to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Dr. Coopersmith is the best. I left a message on Thursday night before a long weekend asking if I could be fit in for an emergency and received a call back the same evening (from the doctor himself)fitting me in first thing the next morning. And this is not the first time he and his staff have helped our family during an emergency. When I was pregnant and having some bleeding and could not reach my OBGYN, I left a message for the doctor. His secretary called me back right away, calmed me down, and even once I was better still insisted I come in to see the doctor the following day to be sure the baby and I were alright. It is not only that Dr. Coopersmith provides excellent care, but his support staff seem equally as concerned about being sure his patients are well attended, and go above and beyond the health care system norm. Dr. Coopersmith's office is fast and efficient, while at the same time remaining very personable and patient oriented.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr.Coopersmith has been my doctor for over 20 years. He is always professional and curtious. He takes great care of his patients by listening and asking questions. He is very thorough and makes sure to check everything out.His compassionate for human suffering does not go unnoticed. His staff are wonderful (especially Mary). They are always ready to help out a patient and understand the meaning of "emergency". I don't know what I would do without this doctor and his staff. This is medical care that I would be willing to pay for. Any negative comments about this doctor is probably from someone who doesn't appreciate the care and effort of a doctor like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1590281].votes_count ]]