You may also like

Rate Dr. Lesley A. Fein

Dr. Lesley A. Fein's Ratings

Dr. Fein saved my life. No one knew what was wrong with me, or was able to explain my symptoms. I knew I had lyme and had been previously tested for Lyme, but the way results are read and which labs are used is the difference between a correct diagnosis. She tested me for numerous diseases, infections, viruses and immediately started me on treatment. It was a hard road for me, but I am so thankful that I was properly treated. As other comments say, she is no bs, but I appreciate that. This is not an easy specialty and she has fought to practice. I would recommend seeing her if you have been diagnosed or have ANY suspicion of Lyme.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Wasted a year and a half and thousands of dollars on this doctor. Saw no improvement and only got worse. When I questioned her whether we should try another type of medication she blew up in my face and became verbally abusive. She made excuses left and right about what disease I might have and really seemed not to know how to cure me. Her big complaint was that I did not schedule office visits with her every month. Well, for $500 per visit and no insurance accepted, I could not afford to go every month. This was the reason plain and simple why she wouldn't help me ... she couldn't make enough money off me. So if you have thousands of dollars on hand to spend and can see her every month, then it's highly likely she will help you. If not, find another doctor quickly, before you waste any more time or money!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Dr. Fein, at the time of my treatment was at first sort of kind, helpful. Although when my short term disability began, her costs were too high and could not afford her any longer. She had her staff send me a LONG letter explaining how much I owed and until i catch up, she refused to see me. Months went by, I even thought of "well if this dr won't help me, who will?" I went through a head trip thinking NO ONE could help me. dr Fein told me at my second to last appointment, I could see her if my symptoms change. So I did make that appointment. Oh my, after waiting and waiting as usual to see her in my wheelchair from Lyme. During that appointment she asked why I was there and I reminded her what she said to me about being able to see her .... Dr. Fein asked first, WHO made this appointment for you? Then the call to the front desk asking an employee to please bring the letter we sent to Linda and she left me in the room. A person behind the desk came in and re.minded me of how much I owe the doctor and until I pay it all, I can no longer return to her. :'( dr. Fein was on the verge of finding co infections in me. dr. Fein could have diagnosed it and most likely I would not be so sick today. It took another LLMD to diagnose two co infections nine years later to find them. Now we can't get rid of them. Even though I did not like her bedside manner, etc., the bottom line is this doctor had not kept up to the Doctor's Oath. Period!! I would only recommend her IF you have lots of money and a house or two to be rid of due to her high costs and high stress office. In three days I will have my 20th anniversary with Lyme disease and seriously, I can't take 10 more like this. I wish you all much luck and I hope anyone who reads this will be well SOON! A Blessed 2015 to ALL!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2668451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

She is so arrogant that she criticized me for going to another dr for a year because I could not afford her nor make the trip to her. She didn't even want to look at my records from the other dr because "they were of no value." Everything this other dr had me on was no good for one reason or another. Too much of my time and money was spent listening to her ridicule me. And then to have her spend time (at $600 an hour) typing up everything she said to me, including negative comments, some incorrectly recounting what I told her about my previous year proving how poorly she was listening to me. She is currently working with another dr and so want me to have all of these genetic tests so I can see him too. After spending $2000+ just for her and her blood work (which she does that best) I can't afford more tests and more dr visits. I am very nervous to go to my next appointment and have to tell her that. A doctor shouldn't be a major contributor to my stress.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2554611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I wasted at least one year traveling to different "Lyme Speciliasts" before I finally made my way to Doctor Fein's office. Ironically enough, Dr. Fein's name was the first recommendation of my two best friends both of whom suffered from severe neurological and physical symptoms stemming from long term lyme disease infections. Dr. Fein's wait list is long, her office staff can be stressed, but it's all worth it. She cares. She knows her stuff, and she won't take any crap. If you are trying to save money, Good Luck. That's what I did and it ended up nearly costing me my business. If I had it to do over again I would have gone to Dr Fein (at any cost) from day one. I hope you learn from my mistakes and do just that.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2466381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr Fein has saved my life!! I came to her a scared 21 yr old. Been seeing her over 5 yrs now. She spends a VERY long time with you & explains everything in great detail. She is a godsend. A true miracle worker . She blows my last Lyme dr out of the water. She def knows her stuff & her staff is wonderful & very compassionate. If be lost without her. She really goes above and beyond , not just treating the disease, but easing the horrible effects of it like no other. She's not afraid to think outside the box. I will be forever grateful to her & her staff for never giving up on me, and treating me like a person, not just a disease . God bless you dr Fein. Eternally grateful to have you - EL

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2129897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

Dr. Fein misdiagnosed my father w/Lyme Disease and therefore cheated him out of years of being treated for his true illness, Multiple Sclerosis. His condition is very dire and her treating him for the wrong disease for years has only made it worse.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2129898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

A gifted doctor. Dr. Leslie Fein is my real life Dr. House. She is an extraordinary diagnostician...I have seen MANY doctors and never witnessed anything even remotely close. If you complain about her or the staffs disposition then u do not understand what that office goes through and sacrifices. I personally LOVE the staff and can't help but look at Dr. Fein in awe every time I see her. Thank u sincerely dr. Fein. It is a long, difficult battle with Lyme I am so happy u are at my side. Also a very special thank u to that insanely selfless, kind, sweet, and funny nurse who travels there to help us take care of our Picc lines etc. Thank u love u! I have never met someone so willing to go out of her way for others. So rare. Appreciate u C.!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2129896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2011

WARNING!!! Do not go to this Dr!!! She is arrogant,uncaring, and downright mean. She knows about lyme and is passionate about it but does not care about her patients.What I like about her was that she wasn't agressive agairst the lyme..she also has away of getting you iv medication through your insurance ..she is smart in that way.. . BUT her bedside manner was the WORST of any Dr I have ever been too. She is very unprofessional and full of her self i was actually scared of her bc she was so mean.. yelling at staff and patients.The only time she ever smiled was when she found a tick in a patient and put it in a sealed bag in a box with the rest of her tick collectIon!!! A VERY unpleasant staff atmosphere and experience!!!

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2129895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I have had Lyme & Bartonella for about 5 years. For the past 15 years, every 6 months I took a Western Blot test, and for 15 years tested negative. [I was using the wrong labs]. Lyme had made its way into my brain, and through an MRI & SPECT scan, I saw that I now had 8 holes in my brain... it was being slowly eaten away. I saw 7 specialists in NYC and NJ. Finally, I made an appointment with Dr Fein after hearing her lecture. Very knowledgeable. I got to the point where my speech was slurred, and I was not able to finish the end of a sentence. In 3 months under her care, things are much better. She is gentle with the antibiotics, and cares about the body in a holistic manner. YES SHE IS DIRECT, but to me this means that she will fight for me. AND ONLY ONE PERSON ON HER STAFF OF 7 IS RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL, so don't let this one rotten apple spoil it for you. Dr Fein is a tough cookie, and I am appreciative to have someone of her ilk in the trenches with me fighting my battle with Lyme.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2129894].votes_count ]]