Rate Dr. Paul Heltzer

Dr. Paul Heltzer's Ratings

He is simply fantastic. Caring, attentive, and available. He came to my hospital delivery room at 4AM to see how my labor was progressing.

Submitted April 1, 2014 | flag

I as I am sure others are and never were comfortable finding a doc you liked for the OBGYN...well i was horrible with finding one and liking one or even liked one enough to follow up for my health...but my husband and I decided to have a baby and i needed a good doc quick! Well boy did i find the all time fav one of all. At first i didnt love the staff but when you start to go as often as i did you begin to love them so anyone who disagrees below clearly doesn't visit often which is OK but i judge a doc on him not his staff-Dr. H as some mentioned below cares about YOU! I was vomiting like a dog after my c-sec ALONE at the moment and he just happened to be outside my door and held my hair back and calmed me down. He did in fact yell at the staff while prepping for my c-sec b/c noone was moving or didnt move fast enough...my husband and him are two peas in a pod! he is down to earth and has a great bedside manner and knows his stuff! i love him! RECOMMEND ALL THE WAYYYYYYYY!!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2012 | flag

I'm in the waiting room right now, gum chewing receptionist with the redish hair screams out "what are you here for if its not your annual", I really am not going into detail in front of the waiting room! And another patient saying how long is the wait? She says "take it up with the Doctor its not my fault the patients are taking up her time" How RUDE! Now the blonde is fighting with a patient that's just trying to help. Horrible staff!!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 5, 2011 | flag

He's GREAT. The only thing I didn't like was that when I was called in, the (medical assistant?) wanted to know what I was there for exactly..(while taking my copay at the same time?) I felt like I shouldn't have to explain my issues with my vagina in front of the receptionists and the explanation could have waited until I got into the room! The other staff didn't seem to be rude but they also didn't seem to be warm and welcoming either, I would have liked to see at lease one smile around there =/ But, I repeat, the Doc is GREAT so far!

Submitted Sept. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Heltzer is amazing. He has patience and answers all your questions and makes sure you are knowledgable with information before you leave his office.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

We had the good fortune to have Dr. Heltzer as our doc for our 3rd child last year, thank G-d. He is simply amazing - caring, knowledgeable and very very dedicated. I can't imagine a better doc and highly recommend him.

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

Great Doctor, I've been going to him to years. He's direct and truthful and very helpful.

Submitted June 15, 2011 | flag

i used to work with dr. heltzer SIUH, and on a personal and professional level he was a wonderful dr. he was one of the only drs that would fight with the residents on what they were doing wrong. he would protect his patients to beyond means, he is very knowledgeable and caring. if you had any problems in your pregnancy this was the dr you wanted by your side. he didnt care about status, insurance all he cared about was the mother and baby. i would recommended him to anybody.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Heltzer is the best hands down!!! He is caring, respectful overall a wonderful GYN

Submitted April 20, 2011 | flag

doctor heltzer is the best doctor..... he was my doctor through my pregnancy. i didnt not seen anyone more caring then him. i went 2 and half months early and had a c section. i was 30 weeks and i was due in august had the baby is june... my daughter stayed in hospital for a month and 5 days and he came to visit her......i would recommed him to anyone

Submitted Jan. 12, 2011 | flag