Rate Dr. Sophia Tchervenkov

Dr. Sophia Tchervenkov's Ratings

I met Dr. Tchervenkov 15 years ago, for a second opinion re fibroids. My first Gyn. had bullied me, not listened, and acted like a surgeon. "We'll just whip out the ovaries while we're under the hood." Dr. T. asked questions, listened, and discussed risks and benefits of different options. She was wonderful in the hospital. Every annual check-up I get a pelvic, a breast exam (no bra), blood pressure and questions about any issues. She is quick and to the point, but, any time I have had real concerns she has listened. Her schedule is set 6 months in advance, by the hospital. Giovanna books appointments as soon as she has the schedule. She will tell you when to call or write to get an appointment. And she has always been polite and helpful with me. Of course, I also treat her as a human being. Nowadays, all the specialist doctors I know make appointments 6 months to a year in advance. And they are all fully booked. This is situation normal. I find the wait times in her office are similar to other specialists, and much shorter than hospital clinics.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2014 | flag

im trying to call the office, and it always gives me a closed message. . .

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Submitted Nov. 16, 2013 | flag

The doctor is good but, her secretary Giovana is a total unprofessional jerk that is rude and thinks she is a doctor as well. She should seriously be fired, one of my close friends had a surgery with Dr. Tchervenkov and she didn't even call her back for a check-up because Giovana never put called her. The result was that the cancer spread and she had to go do a second surgery to remove everything. And all this because of a disorganized secretary!

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. S. Tchervenkov for 20 years. I always called in early April for my routine pap smear and was surprised to find out (for the first time in all the years I have been a patient) that she was fully booked. Her assistant advised me to call back on October 1st for a potential appointment in November. Perhaps Dr. Tchervenkov is quite satisfied with how her assistant manages her schedule despite how she communicates with some patients.

Submitted April 14, 2013 | flag

DR.TCHERVENKOV IS A GREAT OBGYN...I DON'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS WITH HER...YES SHE'S VERY BUSY AND BARELY HAS TIME FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEED TO ASK EXTRA QUESTIONS BUT THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE OF HER SECRETARY. IF GIOVANNA WOULD BE DOING HER JOB AND NOT SPENDING HER DAY ONTHE PHONE DISCUSSING HER PERSONAL LIFE WITH EVERY TOM DICK AND HARRY THAT CALLS THEN DR.TCHERVENKOV WOULD HAVE MORE TIME. SHE'S A POOR EXCUS OR A HUMAN BEING WHO THINKS THAT WORKING OR AN OBGYN MAKES HER AN OBGYN. YOU CAN NEVER GET AN APPOINTMENT UNLESS YOU'RE PREGNANT. EMERGENCY APPTS DO NOT EXIST FOR HER. SHE ACTUALLY SAYS TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY. SHE IS RUDE, OBNOXIOUS AND DISRESPECTFUL TO EVERYONE, EXCEPT HER FAVORITES. BEST THINK THAT EVER HAPPENED WAS WHEN SHE BROKE HER LEG AND WE GOT TO MEET A WONDERFUL SECRETARY WHO HAPPENED TO BE DR.TCHERVENKOV'S DAUGHTER. TOO BAD HER LEG HEALED SO QUICKLY..OH WELL KARMA'S A **** AND SHE'LL GET HERS WITH HE ROTTEN ATTITUDE. SHE IS NOT A HUMAN BEING AND DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE WITH OTHERS

Submitted July 4, 2012 | flag

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag

Great prenatal care for my 3 pregnancies. Alas she wasn't around for actual births, but did come to visit me in my room the following morning and continued with my postnatal care. Patient, friendly, very helpful when I happened to have a horrible cold when I last saw her for a check-up and prescribed me treatment. Yes the wait time can be long, but I think that's standard for OBGyns. Just avoid times when she traditionally sees her OB patients and catch up on your magazines. I found Dr. T to be very flexible in 1998 when I was waiting to have a D&C for heavy menstruation and I needed emergency gall bladder surgery. She arranged to have both surgeries done at the same time under general anaesthesia. Any time you can avoid general anaesthesia it's ideal. I like Giovanna, her secretary, very friendly and down to earth. Just wish there wasn't the pressure to pay for a private PAP test - I got the sense that my test would be forgotten by SMH.

Submitted July 15, 2011 | flag

Saved my life twice;first by insisting I see a cardiologist of her choice and knowledge,who had quad bypass done and saved me from a certain death and referred me to a cancer specialist for surgery for uterine cancer and gave me a great referal for a cosmetic breast surgery that changed my life for the better. Forever grateful to her and her staff. Great attitude in the office.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2011 | flag

I don't know how competent this doctor is as an ob, but she is a terrible and dangerous gynecologist. Every year, I went for my check-up, but she barely took 5 minutes to do a very superficial examination, ONLY a pap smear, NO internal palpation of the organs, she did not even make me take off my bra for the breast exam. Two months after my appointment, I was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer (the initial tumour was huge!). She could have saved my life had she done her job. Stay away from this callous, unprofessional person! Your life depends on it...

Submitted July 28, 2010 | flag