Dr. Joseph T. DeFoto

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Joseph T. DeFoto has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Infectious Disease-related: HIV, AIDs, fever of unknown origin, nosocomial infection, prophylaxis, infections
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3647841
04/01/14 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. DeFoto for about 13 years and I wouldn't have it any other way. Always informative, willing to hear me out, and very pleasant to deal with. You can tell him ANYTHING and he doesn't bat an eye lash. I feel so well taken care of in his skilled hands, and his referrals are likewise always very solid. All in all, a GREAT doctor and someone I highly recommend. His staff are very friendly, as well, and never fail to greet me with a smile. I have referred several friends to him over the years, and without exception, every single one loves him as much as I do.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Joseph" to "Joseph T."

18/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "LOS ANGELES" to "West Hollywood"
RID: 1520354
23/08/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Defoto for the last 10-years. He is courteous and takes time to listen before recommending a treatment; the listening part is the hardest attribute to find in a doctor, so I have been really pleased. He is professional and through and takes time to explain the diagnostic and treatment process. I have recommended him to several close friends and they have been pleased with his bedside manner and knowledge. The staff is friendly and professional. They are very good at determining insurance coverage and billing; I have never been denied coverage or received an unexpected bill.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond
04/03/11 I had a good experience with this doctor after finding him on http://www.healthgrades.com/family-practice-director...  Respond
RID: 1145691
08/04/10 5 4 5 5 Has been my primary care physician for years. After going through several doctors when I first moved to Los Angeles, Defoto proved himself to be the very best.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 921673
24/06/09 4 5 5 5 If you want to feel secure under a good doctors care then Dr. Defoto is for you. I have been a patient of Dr. Defoto's for about 9 yrs. My illness is not an easy one to treat but in the hands of Dr. Defoto I feel well taken care of. He makes sure that I am up to date on my labs and tests to prevent or catch any problems early. He is empathetic and charming and likes to joke around. I never feel rushed or ignored about my concerns that I expressed. Throughout the years he has become more successful but he remains attainable and humble. Oh, yes he is also very good looking but i don't hold that against him
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 648751
26/07/08 3 4 5 5 I love Dr. DeFoto. He's certainly the most compassionate doctor I've ever had. He not only telephones, he responds to email as well. And you can tell him your darkest fears and he will listen seriously and respond with care and respect. A real gem. Highly recommended.
RID: 624982
26/06/08 5 5 5 5 exceptional in every way - I have sent many of my friends to him, and he takes exceptional care of them - amazing in a crisis, lining up all proper specialists immediately - the Best!
RID: 576071
25/04/08 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Very caring. Don't know how I would be able to be in the physical condition that I am at this point in my lfe without his knowledge & treatment.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 435979

29/10/07 1 1 1 1 Dr. Defoto does NOT return phone calls. His receptionist quoted; "he only accepts new patients... who are recomended by the right people, you can leave a voice mail for him and he may return your call."
RID: 429966
16/10/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Defoto was highly recommended when I was looking for a new doctor, and after my first visit, I understood why. He was punctual, courteous, and extremely respectful. I didn't feel rushed like I did with my previous doctor. I live 30 miles from his office, but I don't mind the extra distance to get the level of service he and his staff provide.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 420037
27/09/07 5 5 5 5 In a word, perfect. Kind, insanely smart, and really works with you to make sure your needs are being met - basically the first doctor I've met that makes me look forward to getting sick.
RID: 396240
02/09/07 5 5 5 5 An amazing Doctor. Takes all the time you need, you never feel rushed and is a true believer in proactive and preventative health care. He even returns phone calls.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 390737
23/08/07 4 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. DeFoto for years and he is the best personal physician I have ever known. He takes time with you, calls you personally with test results. And, yes, he is the real McDreamy.
RID: 354324
26/06/07 5 5 5 Joseph Defoto is very knowledgeable, understanding, compassionate and a great listener - I highly recommend him in any health situation  Respond
RID: 85378
15/01/07 5 5 5 Great doctor who takes the time to listen to you. He knows your history when he walks into the room. He is kind and has even called me at home when I have been sick. He gets a billion stars from me. Thanks
RID: 72362
19/12/06 5 5 5 Dr. Defoto is probably the best doctor I have ever been to. He truly cares about his patients and it shows. He is very thorough when it comes to his job and that is the way a good doctor should be.
RID: 45665
16/09/06 5 5 5 HE is an amazing Doctor, very caring and concerned about your well being what a nice man and he suggested routine tests that my other Doctor never suggested Great guy and nice and did not seem to rush,  Respond
RID: 41099
16/08/06 5 5 5 The perfect doctor - treats you like you're his most important case  Respond
RID: 20983
13/01/06 5 5 5 he is very kind; takes time to answer all your questions; knowledgeable
RID: 12416
16/09/05 5 5 5 Dr. Defoto is by far the best doctor in LA. He is the only doctor that has sat down with me and just talked. We talked about everything I was doing, all about my family, my relationships etc. He takes the time to get to know you as person not just an "Insurance Card". Thank you Dr Defoto for everything! PS Yes it's true - he's a hotty(wow!!)
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 5632
19/02/05 5 5 5 Knowledgeable, sympathetic, concerned. An excellent physician.
* - Rating left by a registered user